Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
So, has anyone discussed Warhammer 40,000: Conquest yet? I want to get excited (a long history with LCG's combined with once upon a time working for GW before I got 'a proper job') but GW has such a history of 'getting involved' (read: loving up) anyone else using their IP, that I don't dare to dream yet.

Will it be good? Who the gently caress knows!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Which is why this particular combo is so much fun:

Stack deck with 3x The Red Viper, and 3x Every Sand Snake.
Bring out The Red Viper.
Kill The Red Viper. (Doesn't matter how)
Flood board with Sand Snakes plus Duplicates.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

kannonfodder posted:

I've grabbed a handful of random expansions and have managed to knock the play time of a game down significantly. Could also have to do with us no longer needing to spend as much time reading the cards, since we know how they work now.

It's funny how your group's use of the small council is the opposite of mine. Almost always we grab them for the effect, then afterwards we notice who we just chose to support/oppose.

Also, does anyone have recommended expansions/builds to make Martell more effective? I love their concept, they are my favourite team to play, but they rarely win.

Martell guide 101:

Don't play Melee.
Do play Joust.

Voila, Martell just got a tonne better.

(Okay, this was flippant, they're a viable House in both formats, but when a lot of your cards rely on other people going for you to punish them for it, you can't use those in a 4 player format very often, so a Melee Martell deck is WAY more different than a Joust Martell deck, to a greater degree than any other House.)

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Asking in the LCG thread rather than the CCG one, so edited out my previous post:

Are there any goons invested into the A Game Of Thrones LCG? Everyone I know here in Manchester plays Netrunner, so I'm looking to offload a tonne of it to partially fund that, but partially just to make space. It's all rather sadly pristine with boxes, but if I can't get a game of it, I might as well get rid so I can play something people ARE playing locally.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Single Tight Female posted:

A lapsed goon friend of mine might be, I can check with him in a couple hours. He only has the core set and Lions of the Rock too, so he might be interested in a pile.

Awesome. Let me know. :)

Hortism posted:

If you were willing to ship to Australia, I was just thinking about getting into it, and it'd probably be easier for me to buy a bulk collection. Though I get the feeling the shipping costs could be ridiculous.

I'd be fine with it, but as you say, I'd expect shipping to be horrendous. I'll send anyone a PM or mail of the inventory if they're interested, rather than clutter the thread any more.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
I go around trying to offload all of my GOT, and then FFG go and confirm rotation. Suddenly, all interested parties stop being such.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
This GoT refresh, is it going to invalidate the LCG Cards? I have loving loads of it pretty much unplayed because my local group went all in on Netrunner, and I'd prefer to offload it, but if th cads are going to become invalid guess I'll end up binning the lot!

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Oh, bugger - just for clarity, we'll have three versions total, will we?

CCG / LCG 1st / LCG 2nd, right?

Because I have loads of what is listed as LCG 2nd Edition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Gotcha. Welp, stupid me for buying too much of a game that never took off locally!