Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Hawk Guy is a team hero, that’s why he’s been around for 40 years but only had one decent solo book.

I was using a variant Kate bishop who has the ability to put cards back in peoples decks, teaming with spider woman, and recycling pheromones was a very easy way to stunlock Electro in two player. There’s no way to play her anything but aggression tho, you have to be attacking every turn to activate her bow. So we’ll see how that goes, shifting spider woman to protection/leadership to play a whole butt load of avengers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

If I like Arkham and Marvel, playing usually in duo in trio, would I like LOTR?

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Do you have unflappable? It’s really hard to play protection without it. Otherwise you’re using basic attack and flying web kick and your ally attacks, which in protection are really lousy.

Also, electrostatic armor and some form of retaliate, so you’re doing to sell the damage to the enemy every turn. It’s why captain America is by far the best defense hero, 2 one buck cards allow you to go two damage every Villain phase. You should probably proxy unflappable and armor if you don’t have them, or play another color. They’re that vital.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Fritzler posted:

My FLGS got rise of red skull late, but I blasted through a single player expert campaign finally last week. I played/made this deck. It was a very good single player deck, was able to prevent the villain from acting most turns. I had a lot of fun, but will try something more traditional next time. I lost to Zola once because of an insane boost card for his only attack, and had in general more trouble with Zola because of the constant minions. Red Skull was really easy for me, but I triggered the teleport an ally in first turn and had two free turns of Iron Fist stun. I also had the plus 1 thwart/free card draw from clearing a side scheme each turn. Liked it a lot and will play through with Hawkeye soon I hope.
I did spider woman defense/leadership and Kate Bishop Hawkeye aggression. and stun locking is definitely the way to deal with a lot of villains, cycling pheromones back into your deck may seem cheap but there’s no way to react to the villains every turn and make much progress.

Going through again with aggression Frank Castle and justice Jessica Jones. A lot of fun, but these two are laser target in their niche. They’re so specific, we just swap characters instead of making much deck alteration.

Because she had an ability to blank a scheme, we finished absorbing man at a sprint. He never even got to trigger secondary effects.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Both Hawkeye allies are leadership only.

The marvel champions LCG homebrew discord has thousands of members, And they’ve created probably 45 viable villains and easily that number of side decks.

Kate bishop’s hero power is putting one card from a player’s discard pile to the bottom of their deck. It’s pretty balanced because her alter ego power is “discard one card to get your bow from somewhere in your deck or discard”. So it only pays off if you’re surviving enough turns to get through your deck.

She also has an arrow deck similar to strange’s spells.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Especially fun with people who shuffle cards from the discard back into their deck. But it means you’re not playing other allies If Madrox is around.

If you defend successfully, stun the enemy… That’s amazing. It means that protection can be more than body blocking.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

What sets are you running?
Rhino is pure damage, so Spidey protection is a very good match. If the scheme overflows too much, you might want to run Black Panther justice as a compliment.
You can also put in more allies to give you thwart in alter ego.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I teach new players with one handed captain America protection against Rhino. They always win and it takes 25 to 30 minutes.

The rulebook suggest you try Capn Marvel/Spidey versus rhino. I think they’re pretty solid combo and marvel gets better the more and more expansions you get. Especially the red skull box, it drops like three or four new allies for her.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

At a certain point, going fast is an advantage, because the encounter deck is random. And random things can swing in either direction.

I think there should be a better scaling factor than villain gets XHP for each hero, I’ve never played a three or four player game and felt like it was the right length. It gets super draggy.

Rise of red skull was fun with Kate bishop Hawkeye and spider woman, and loads of fun with punisher and Jessica Jones. They are available online in tts or print and play...And they really redefine minion busting and scheme development.
They both feel “street level“, because they’re more effective when they handle their own issues (killing mooks for massive benefits and handling a ton of schemes at once.)

Looking forward to Ant-man and the Wasp and their combo potential.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Captain is the quintessential defense hero. Who needs extra cards when you can generate fists with your super soldier serum? But without electrostatic armor, he can be a bit grindy.

It seems that protection cards just lower damage or give you an additional bennie for a perfect defense. I wonder how they can expand the genre.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

There’s a custom Emma Frost that put a card back on top of the encounter deck. Feels like a good duo.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

In solo you would never want to do it, in multiplayer it’s not that big a deal

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

It’s super funny with Deadpool because the best version of him lists six different super teams, the last one being “100% beefcake”.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

It seems like something that would trigger a lot, slowly taking turns off the game.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I meant her one damage to the villain whenever you do something effective.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

The online community so amazing. Someone made a Maria Hill that lets you take any SHIELD asset. Another made a patriot leadership deck that does really new things with it, punishing you for chump blocking, but removing consequential damage and mega buffing, and letting you take their damage instead.

Plus, electrostatic armor and the protection card previewed from Galaxy’s most wanted means you can do Captain America who does three damage on defense guaranteed. And he can defend twice.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Some do, some don’t, and they are often edited by the creators according to Feedback, which is more interaction than you will get if you don’t like Quiksilver or something.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Rainy's Hulk is splendid. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2350650676&searchtext=rainy

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Saw the new rocket. He has a truly comical amount of guns, even for a guy whose gimmick is guns. At least he has events that let him find minions.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

How was Flora and fauna? It’s one of the few team of cards that doesn’t require people to be in specific forms.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

My initial reading was every card that goes into the discard it was in the collection, which is crazy. I reread the explanation during mulligans and saw the “in play“ part.

Having a good time with rocket and a custom black cat. Having an ability in her deck that attacks and discard attachments seems very good for official campaigns, where the alternative is spending 3+ resources or two resources and an activation.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

If you’re not on expert, you can change you’re aspect and try again. Rocket would be fine in leadership, especially with all the cool ally upgrades that are tech. Groot can do justice.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

My guess is, for a game box that cost a lot, they want people to play multiple times, that means making it harder. Red skull was fun but On our first run through I think we did the five missions in six tries total.

Collector one is brain breaking. It’s clearly “here’s a deck building challenge to beat perfectly.” Rocket and black cat were able to defeat it with zero threat on the main scheme and nine cards in the collection.

Somehow the collector stole the Helicarrier and the concept of genius

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

In the 90s, instead of killing people he ate hundreds of chocolate bars. He’s been weird for a long time

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Fantasy flight builds adequate to bad prebuilt deck, because engaging with deck building means you’ll buy other things. It’s a reasonable business model, but it can be a shock to new players when they think a game is super hard, but it turns out their deck is just junky.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Don’t forget, you can cancel an encounter card entirely by exhausting Milano and spending a resource. You pretty much have to do that a few times in the first few turns.

Don’t be like me, assuming the first player controls the Milano for the whole game, instead of the ship moving with the first player counter.

Me and my GF beat Ronan on a second try, but we had black cat as a custom character, and she can discard attachments. Getting rid of the universal weapon is a lifesaver. She also has five ‘bad luck’ cards to encounter deck, some of which were adequate and some of which were lifesavers.

Also don’t do what we did, and clone cards in the marketplace you can take more than one of each. The game only ships with one of each so presumably you can’t do that in real life.

—-
Ant-man aggression is lotta fun, team training is more useful than helicarrier. Might bring tenacity so when I switch to giant I can attack twice starting at six with combat training.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Ant-man is a lot of fun in aggro. With the Gamora previews, miss marvel can you do some really crafty things, and it’s a big thwart campaign.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

They have some of the best unique’s of recent years, at least buy for the colors you’re interested in.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Nebula was fine with Renee hawk, because he gives a damage when he takes the damage. I just waited until retaliate was out and gave it everything I had.

Ronin is completely unfair, we tried it with a deck that steamrolled almost every other adventure and lost twice. There’s just too much that surges, too many cards, too many bonus activation effects. Maybe with a continual stun lock. But it’s hard to have one person there any other persons wordingfor regularly 7or eight a turn, which is what’s required.

I am Magine it’s hard to manage balance when you have 15 released characters and a variation of four at the min XP and at the highest, probably around 30.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Someone made a variant wasp that focuses on tiny/regular instead of giant/tiny, it’s a lot of fun. Definitely flipping every turn but for different reasons than Ant-man.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Customize your decks but bring in the expert variance, like taking obligations after the first scenario. I don’t know why you would play five times with someone else’s deck.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Ant-man can use leadership, especially with the earths mightiest heroes to do several six damage attacks in giant form.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

McBober released an entire Star Wars expansion for marvel. It has two scenarios and is available if you look them up on steam. I recommend R2-D2 and giving him Jedi powers.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Justice leadership? Or aggression leadership with a She hulk or Cap Marvel Voltron.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Just another reason to play two handed, reduces variance.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Star lord is a lot of fun, you get a different risk reward game than any other hero.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Rainy did a great variant Hulk, which he revised even more. Requires you to take advantage of hulk and banner to succeed.

Someone released 12 new DND archetypes, along with five new bosses including Tiamat, so that’s gonna take a lot of my time. TTS forever.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Rocket is a lot of fun, although I wish he had another copy of schadenfreude.

Thor is definitely improved by team building exercise and the heal according to overkill card. Angela also helped him get more minions.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Yup. And since you can generally play cards during the player phase, It lets you balance in size between hero and alter ego.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

https://marvelcdb.com/decklist/view/8432/assortment-of-morons-rocket-raccoon-leadership-v1-0-2.0 This seems to be the recommended rocket leader ship deck. Every new guardian pack has a new ally, so you can run Groot, Gamora, Drax, Adam warlock with a house rule, and Yondu.