Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Oh and if you do two hand that way you open each olayers deck in their own instance of the game. BUT, you can take control of both decks in one instance by right clicking. Have to do deck discard heroes and hand and then you can do it all on one screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

StashAugustine posted:

Hey just a rules check- is LOTR like Netrunner in that cards that instruct you to look at top X of deck and play one which causes you to do something with the top card of the deck have cascading triggers? So if you're told to look at top 2 of encounter and pick one, and you get a guarded clue and a chump enemy you can play the clue knowing that the enemy will get attached to it?

Depends on the wording. If it's look at two and play on and put the other back on top of th encounter deck, then it would work like you said. If it's look at the top two play one and discard the other, then the enemy would be discarded. Also depends on if it says reveal or put into play. Surge/Guarded/When revelaed only happen when the card is revealed not put into play by card effects.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Edited for clarity:

If you're going to solo a single sphere, solo with the Spirit Core. It's the strongest of the mono spheres in the core set. It is possible to solo Anduin with Spirit Core, not confident about the others. Tactics Core is pretty much the weakest solo since it can't quest much at all.

Otherwise, make a two-sphere deck that has the strongest aspects of whatever your strategy is. I haven't done this so I can't give advice.

My personal preference is to play with two decks at once (ie two handed or whatever you want to call it). More players generally makes it easier. You can do two mono sphere decks or whatever you like. Just being able to have one deck focus on one aspect of the game and its spheres strengths while the other takes on other parts. Like a Spirit for questing lets a Tactics deck focus mainly on combat.

Amoeba102 fucked around with this message at 05:13 on May 8, 2016

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Can only quest once. Can defend or attack different enemies.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Beat Conflict at the carrock. Lost a few times first. Got threated out once and just overwhelmed some other time. Getting Grimbeorn seems key. Even with a Gandalf threat reduction I had all the tropls engage straight away. But I had Grimbeorn to defend it nicely. With a bit of healing help. Then killed the trolls in 3 rounds. Smashed it when I won. Edged to failure when I lost.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

And now just finished Journey to Rhosgobel in one. Cheers Healing herbs and Elrond Ally. No Athelas needed. Done in the 4th round.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Should be doable with those cards. And there should be a reprint, but not sure on when it's planned. They seem to go through and do reprints every so often though.

Amoeba102 fucked around with this message at 13:22 on May 15, 2016

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

If there is a "Response: ... Any player may trigger this response." Can multiple players trigger the response? I feel like they can't, but I don't see why not.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I'd Mulligan on a bad capture. If you're keeping count, add one to your failed quests list if you want, but whatever. I have no problem forfeiting a bad setup.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Hills of Emyn Muil: Wrecked it. I had two northern trackers and asfaloth on glorfindel so i just ended up waiting for victory point cards so i could win.
Dead Marshes: bit tougher. Splitting between questing and escapes was tough. Ended up losing gollum to the encounter deck and had to redo the first quest card. But he popped right up again and i finished it off.
Return to Mirkwood. I got wrecked. Spiders web hill troll early just stalled me and then attercop finished me off.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I returned to Mirkwood. Had ungoliant spawn and attercop as main enemies but i managed to take care of them easily enough. The ambush at the end was just a bat which was no problem.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I ntered the Pit and got out again. It seemed like I was on the first quest card for ages, getting nowhere. Too many locations were up and I had neither northern trackers nor Asfaloth. Though I did have lorien guides to help with the active location a bit. I didn't use the Torch enough I think. Eventually I got to The bridge of Kazadum and the guides got me to the next quest card (since I had heaps on the first quest card, finished off the enemies that came in to play mostly that round - quick stricked one in the planning phase of the next round. Had 49 threat, Gandalf'd to get to a safe amount. Which was good because I got Doomed a bit. And then managed to finish the third quest card in one round. I just seemed to get momentum when I got the sword that was broken, and from there I just pushed through. I needed a couple of threat reductions in there for sure. Star-gazer + Gleowine combo saved me in the end, basically.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Made it passed the seventh level on the second attempt. Both games had similar starting hands and draws from the encounter deck. First time i got swamped. Second time i kept the staging area mostly clear. Slight difference made a world of change.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I kept seeing the "cancel damage" shadow cards, but the Patrol Leader never got lucky against me. Though I think I had to kill it twice.
The turning point was getting the Sword that was broken onto Aragorn . Before that point I was looking at defeat. I almost thought I had to discard Aragorn due to Crumbling Ruin until I noticed I had A test of Will in my hand. I was a bit distracted.

I'm liking the Kazad-dum quests so far. I felt lost in the first one due to too many locations, and swarmed in the seventh level. Very thematic.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Speaking of the Flight from Moria. Has anyone killed the Nameless Fear? Sure it's immune to player card effects, but it's not immune to combat damage. If you have enough attackers that can attack the staging area, and can adequately buff them, then you might be able to kill it.

Dunhere with two Daggers of Westernesse and up to three Unseen strikes would be 16 attack for one round. I'm sure you could build a deck around getting the most +Attack then giving someone Nor am I stranger and using Forth Eorlingas.

Amoeba102 fucked around with this message at 23:18 on May 22, 2016

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Well, I would take it to be 0 since the nameless fear is out of play.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Foehammer posted:

The official answer is that "immune to player card effects" means it can't be targeted by Dúnhere.

I beat Flight from Moria today using Erebor Record Keepers to get 3 progress from the abandoned tools in a single Refresh phase.

Maybe Dunhere can be said to target with his ability. But Forth Eorlingas's text is "Each Rohan hero can be declared as an attacker against enemies in the staging area this phase." Which doesn't require picking the Nameless fear as a target.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

So Nor am I a Stranger + Forth Eorlingas, or Dunedain Cache + Hands upon the Bow - first option means you can use all your Rohan attackers at once which is probably easier. Second one you'd need to buff someone a lot.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Flight from Moria attempt one. Orc drummer and a wrong turn right up with a bunch of enemies revealed right off the bat so my threat was messed up and I was overwhelmed pretty quick. Took a chance on blocked by shadow and lost one player. And it was pretty much over in 3 rounds.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Flight from Moria take two. Moved from quest to quest a lot. Got Hasty council and narrow paths was beaten since i needed those tools. Also had to clear a dreaful gap and beat a great cave troll. So the nameless fear was at 11. Aragorn jad the sword that was broken but got broken by a bad shadow card effect that made him take damage equal to the nameless fears attack. Had the tools was on the escape quest. Limped along to 3 progress. Then a bad run saw me hit a cave in i couldn't cancel so i was pretty much over since i couldnt do 4 more rounds. Threated out anyway.

drat victory point cards.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Flight from Moria take two. Moved from quest to quest a lot. Got Hasty council and narrow paths was beaten since i needed those tools. Also had to clear a dreaful gap and beat a great cave troll. So the nameless fear was at 11. Aragorn jad the sword that was broken but got broken by a bad shadow card effect that made him take damage equal to the nameless fears attack. Had the tools was on the escape quest. Limped along to 3 progress. Then a bad run saw me hit a cave in i couldn't cancel so i was pretty much over since i couldnt do 4 more rounds. Threated out anyway.

drat victory point cards.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Ah yeah spirit glorfindel that increases youŕ threat when they quest.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

So beat the flight from Moria today.
Started with a feint, Asfaloth, Stewad of Gondor. During Setup I had A foe beyond fizzle because there was nothing in the victory display, and an easy location. First quest card for stage 2 was hasty council, so more victory points to buff the Balrog ptreey quick. Got a cave troll right up. Ended up on Goung down, or going up, as the choice from Hasty council. Bypassed the quest and ended up on the Escape from the darkness on the next quest stage. Got Abandoned tools from the draw, guarded by an Cheiftan of the Pit. Used feint, killed it. Aragorn picked up the abandoned tools. Aragorn also had unexpected courage. So it's the end of the second round, I have the tools on acourageous aragorn. Game won by the end of the 4th round.
Had to test of will some bad treacheries, but all in all no trouble.

Talk about luck.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

The Redhorn Gate: Lots of locations, just a matter of getting through them. Ended up having the Dimril stair, Caradhras and a black arrow to mak up my 5 victoy points. Had the sword that was broken on Aragorn to keep my willpower up on one deck. And luckily had the dimril stair to drop two Freezing colds.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Get Dead Marshes for Fast Hitch.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Probably aim for AP's that have cards that boost hobbits or dwarves - specific cards like Fast Hitch for example - because you'll probably end up trying to play thematically. Mirkwood and Dwarrowdelf/KD should cover you though for most of that. Then start hunting down the Ent stuff. Maybe Gondor stuff for the end of the LOTR saga.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Start with Passage through Mirkwood. Then if you're going to play a lot, do the Hobbit Saga. Otherwise do Journey down the Anduin then move onto the first cycle. Don't repeat Anduin if you lose either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Go buy the Dead Marshes for Fast Hitch to add to the Hobbit deck, if you can.