Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bean mug
Nov 11, 2011

you think you can just say things to me?

Taran_Wanderer posted:

I'll put something about that up there.

To some extent, though it's worst with A Game of Thrones. Netrunner has a much higher emphasis on how you play rather then what's in your deck, so with that it's less of a problem. I know that several of the top decks at Worlds for Star Wars: The Card Game were core only, too.

Yup! For A Game of Thrones you will always be crushed. In fact, the decks the base game gives pre-made for you don't even have enough cards to be tournament legal. (I think they're about 20 under?) This means you have to start pulling mostly neutrals from the other decks and honestly in A Game of Thrones a deck with a ton of neutrals won't get you far.

I play both Netrunner and AGoT, and it was definitely more of a priority to start getting expansions for the latter. I can't say how this compares to other LCGs, so it'd probably be best to look into that specific game.

edit: I assumed by your question that you also meant just one core deck. If you have two then what I said applies a little less, but only by a little.

bean mug fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Feb 13, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bean mug
Nov 11, 2011

you think you can just say things to me?

Baron Porkface posted:

Why are Team Covenant's House packs of the GOT Deluxe Expansions only a fraction of the normal price when most of the cards are for a single house?

Hmm, maybe they only give you one set of the cards in the box? Which is a little useless, and you'd be better off buying the set for the 3 packs, but that's the only reason I can think of. I can't imagine that the few other house cards that come in those boxes cover more than half the cost.