Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

roorximadinosaur
Dec 29, 2011
A couple buddies of mine recently bought LOTR along with the Hobbit, a tons of expansions, etc. Even though we feel pretty confident after building our decks, we're regularly getting completely stomped on in any scenario difficulty 4+ along with The Hobbit expansions.

Specifically, we had some trouble with Journey Down the Anduin. We're having a lot of trouble dealing with the amount of monsters in play from the very beginning.

What I'm wondering is if anyone could share some basic insight on handling mountains of dudes whacking you in the face. Also, some general strategies to understand the game and deck building process in general. This is personally my first LCG, and I am SO bad at it, it's ridiculous.

For your curiosity, here are the sets we currently have:
One core set
Conflict at the Carrock (Did great until TROLLS!)
The Hunt for Gollum
Road to Rivendell
Return to Mirkwood
Heirs of Numenor
The Hobbit: On the Doorstep
The Hobbit: Over the Hill and Under the Hill
The voice of Isengard
Khazad-Dum
The Dead Marshes

To be fair, we haven't done of a lot of these. I think they got a little excited about deckbuilding and bought lots of packs to have more card options.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roorximadinosaur
Dec 29, 2011

sirtommygunn posted:

Two sphere decks are usually the best.

Thanks for all the info, that helps a lot. Do you use two sphere decks in a four player game? Other players don't feel gimped on cards?

Gravy Train: http://www.cardgamedb.com/index.php/lotr/lord-of-the-rings-deckbuilder
I've been using this to read about cards.