Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012
The only hope I've got of getting earlier Expansions [Datapacks in Netrunner, etc] in the UK is through Amazon/Online, right?
None of my Local Gamestores stock anything but the most recent expansions, if even that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012
So I'm playing conquest, and if you deploy a unit to a non-first planet, do they just sit there?
Can I get them back? If they don't have mobile are they just goin to sit there forever?

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012
Conquest has been great so far, the only thing we're hung up on now is what type a card is.
At first we were confused with Squigs Bombin' or whatever Ork card that lets you blow up a support, but the rulebook explained that.
But now, we have no idea what's a 'WARGEAR' or not? I mean, it makes sense you wouldn't be able to give a tank a sword or whatever. But the Relic Sword just says 'Relic Weapon' not 'Relic, Wargear, Weapon' or what have you.
I feel like we're missing something pretty obvious in the rulebook but I haven't been able to find anything.

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012
So which is more likely for the first big box? Nyds or Necrons?
I kinda want Tyranids, ut I feel like we'll get Necrons first.

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012
How badly would I be gimping myself if I went to a WH40K tournament with none of the boosters, but 3 core?
Also what's the best deck that can be built Core-Only? I've heard DarkEldar/Eldar.

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012
Do we at least know if it's 1v1 only or multiplayer?
I own way too many 1v1 games I can't play.

Yeah it's got multiplayer.

AMooseDoesStuff fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Jun 17, 2015

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012
Do we know if the 'duplicate' rule's gone? Because I really hope it is.

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012

Rusty Kettle posted:

I don't quite understand what deck building will look like in GoT2. I never played 1. Those faction cards give you permission to include non loyal cards from that faction, which seems like a given. Does that mean that for some reason you cannot use loyal cards from a faction in its own deck?

You can use loyal cards of your own house, just not the agenda house.
I assume.

e: Cards with a target in front of their name are Unique. Cards with a little ribbon under their house banner are Loyal.

AMooseDoesStuff fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Jul 10, 2015

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012
The bit on this page
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2015/5/4/the-only-game-that-matters/

that says "Well for starters, you get all eight factions, instead of just four. Because you can combine any two factions to form a pre-constructed starter deck, the variety of match-up options and the replayability right out of the box is beyond compare. And that’s all before any player-initiated deck customization! "
Makes me think that you'll have to combine two houses to get a playable 1core deck.

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012
Does someone want to tell me why the 'Ally' trait is seen as a downside?

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012
Is CardgameDB the best place to netdeck AGoT decks?

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012
I like that Auxilary Overseer is loyal.

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012
That Nights Watch event is insane.

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012
House florent looks too expensive for what he is. And that's a shame because I'm a sucker for Martell Knights.

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012
What's the event on the top left read?

e: Found it.

Tithe
Neutral Event, 0 Gold
Action: Kneel a neutral character to gain 2 gold.

AMooseDoesStuff fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Apr 3, 2016

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012
Anyone got any good Targeryan/Lannister decks? I've got all the cards up to WoTN.

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012

Portus posted:

No plans whatsoever to compite, but seems to be that 2 cores is the minimun, especially since will probably be more than 2 playing (kinda 3).
Gonna start with that, the wolves box, a couple of packs, proxy whatever necessary and see where it goes from there.

If you get 3 cores, you'll have enough stuff to make 4 decks, especially with the chapter packs because you can swap out some highly demanded things like the hands judgment for other neutrals or house cards.
That's what I've done. Heck I even printed out more copies of the Roseroad + Kingsroad and like, 2 plots and made a 5th deck.

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012
I won a game of thrones tournament today with Martell/Tyrell!
There were only 6 of us so it was a tiny tournament, but I had a good time and now have like 5 promos. :3:

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012

Chaotic Flame posted:

What's your deck? I'm gonna put some decks together this week and line both those houses.

https://thronesdb.com/decklist/view/4342/flo-ridas-portland-spring-tournament-winner-26-people-1.0

A modified version of this pretty much, to include Tyenne who did a lot of work but probably would be better in Fealty.

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012

Bottom Liner posted:

Lions of Casterly Rock is the next big box for AGoT. Huh.

Allegedly an italian distributor had spoiled this from a while back, but I really hoped it wasn't true.

AMooseDoesStuff fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Jun 2, 2016

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012
Llanister spoilers from Across the Seven Kingdoms.

quote:

Janos slynt
House Lannister - Loyal
Character, Cost 5, STR: 2, MIL INT icons
Mercenary, Intimidate
Action: Pay 1 gold to give Janos Slynt +2 STR until the end of the phase

quote:

Levies at the rock
House lannister - Non loyal
Event, Cost 0

Reaction: After a player initiates a challenge against you move up to X gold from that players gold pool to your own. where X is the number of attacking charachters

Janos seems pretty good, Levies is just a defensive loot to stop your opponent from using events I guess? I don't think it's that good.

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012
Baratheon and Greyjoy spoilers.

King Balon seems worse than current Balon, his buff can only hit like 4 characters at the moment anyway. Untill they make a plot that reads 'add a king to hand' or some other kind of crazy king support I'm not gonna run him. The event is really cool, but expensive. Like wow.
Ruby of R'hlor is a repeatable seen in flames basically. I think it's good. I'm probably not going to run the birds even if they can be knighted and given horses just because I don't like the fragile Kingswood 'never lose power' deck.

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012
Pyke, Location, 2G, Iron Islands, Loyal, Unique
Acion: Kneel Pyke and choose a character. Until the end of the phase that character gain stealth.

Captains Daughter, Character, 4G, 2STR, Ally
Reaction: After a non-loyal character enter play kneel your faction card and sacrifice Captain's Daughter to place that character on top of its owners deck.

I love Pyke, a lot. Immediate 2x or 3x in my greyjoy fealty deck. I only run one Syrio and he'd expensive but does so much work, but it's not like greyjoys lacking for miilitary icons, it's just the stealth. More stealth is good.
The daughter I think is good as well, simply because so many players in my meta [me included!] run X/Banner of the Lion. So stopping Tyrion alone is great, and you might even be able to get big in-faction characters too. Thinking about it, it mostly fucks over Llanister at least that's what comes to mind. I'll try to run 1 in my deck, but my Greyjoys are pretty poor and 4 is pretty costly. Especially if she has no icons! She has a power icon.

e: These Greyjoys are from the next chapter pack. Balon + Ours is the Old way are from the 2nd of this cycle. I think.

AMooseDoesStuff fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Jun 6, 2016

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012
If only Political Disaster had 'Cannot be saved'. To be fair, it sees so little play right now I don't even bother duping my seastone chairs, just keep it in hand for intrigue.

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012
Valar! King Stannis (Probably)! The Faceless Man.
They feel pretty far away though.
Valar's pretty cool though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012

alansmithee posted:

character life expectancy in general may be taking a severe dip.

Boo this.