Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

ChiTownEddie posted:

Did anyone pick up Voice of Isengard?
I'm going to head to my local shop to watch their Netrunner league this weekend (never played or seen it before) and figured I'd pick it up if they have any copies.

I'll be stopping by my local shop today on my way home - this isn't a super popular game in my area so I assume they'll have plenty of copies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Gravy Train Robber posted:

I absolutely love Deadlands, but never got around to trying Doomtown. I feel kind of iffy about AEG's rules a lot of the time from my experience with L5R and some of their other games, moreso than FFG- enough so that I'm definitely going to wait until I hear some more reviews/see it played before I jump on board. Are there any preview copy reviews or anything floating about?

The rules are on the AEG website.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I'll let you guys know how it is LIVE from the floor of GENCON YEEEEAAAAH

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
So for anyone burnt out on the traditional LCG release schedule/bloat and increasingly complex mechanics I highly recommend Ashes: Rise of the Phoenixborn. Mechanically it's super easy to get into and in my opinion has a pretty tight design. The big caveat for those into other LCGs in the addition of dice. You have 10 dice that you roll at the beginning of the round and are used basically as different types of mana to either place cards or power effects. I played it 10 or so times at Gencon and enjoyed it every time. The aesthetics are appealing to me as well.

Drive Thru has a good review up for more info.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Lichtenstein posted:

There is place for only one Rutibex in this town, stranger.

I'm going to assume this means Rutibex likes bad games and this is a bad game? What didn't you like about it?

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Crosspost because I forgot about this thread.

I picked up Marvel Champions to play solo and like it quite a bit. I got Captain America and Scarlet Witch as well. Any other packs I should get sooner rather than later? Probably one of the scenario packs? Any hero packs with really good cards for general deck-building?

Edit - looking back a couple pages it looks like recommendations are already out there!

Picked up Ironheart, Thor, Wolverine, and Mojo Mania. My FLGS was out of my sleeves so can't play yet.

Seems like Dr. Strange is relatively hard to get.

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Jul 20, 2023

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

CommaToes posted:

I started asking for recommendations and then I just fell into buying it all. Beware of this game and it's addictive collection growing alure.

I love the game, but I really need to make an effort to actually play everything I bought.

I knew what I was getting into after having dropped hundreds on the lotr lcg.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Captain America is quite the stud playing true solo. Wolverine is really good as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I have everything lord of the rings up to like, the second hobbit expansion. I've been thinking about getting back into it just to play solo. Great game.

Been thinking about getting into Arkham, too, but that's just too much money - only one or two LCGs at a time.