Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Bottom Liner posted:

FFG is a skeleton crew at this point and I have zero faith that they can handle any CCG, much less an IP as big as Star Wars. Plus Lorcana already ate their lunch.

Lorcana is a mass market product based on a wide range of Disney IP. I’m not even sure Disney would consider them competitors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Bottom Liner posted:

Psst: Disney also owns Star Wars

But FFG absolutely sees Ravensburger as a competitor. One of if not the largest non-asomdee competitor at that.

I actually like most of the art and the general style they're doing, but the card layout is awful. I will probably proxy some decks and try it out, we had fun with Destiny that way.

Yes why i said i doubt disney sees it as a competitor

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Bottom Liner posted:

I think you're missing the point: I'm not talking about Disney seeing the games as competitors, they win either way. But FFG definitely sees it as a competitor in the same space. Lorcana blew up enough to fill any gap in the CCG market in a way that will make it hard for Unlimited to get ground. FFG want it to be mass market too, they were pushing Destiny in Target and B&N as well.

i feel you. i was just unaware of their goals with unlimited- it seems that there are lots of games doing pretty well without target and i thought it was another one of those

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I got an original core set and two packs from the mirkwood cycle for $20 the other day