Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I bought the Marvel Champions starter set awhile back (and then bought the Arkham Horror revised starter a little bit later and got waaaaay into that to the point I forgot about MC completely), I've played the starter stuff a bit now, was thinking of buying a few hero packs or possibly one of the big boxes since those come with a couple heroes and some new villains, probably Red Skull or Sinister Motives since I generally prefer the earth based stuff to the cosmic stuff. Are the villain encounter packs well regarded at all? Green Goblin, Kang, the Hood, etc? Could end up buying one of those, a big box and one hero pack potentially, that'd give me enough to be getting on with for a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Maybe they'll do a 90s wave of X-Men and mutant affiliated characters with like, Cable and Deadpool either in the expansion or as hero packs and then some of the more recent (in relative terms) X-Men like Emma Frost with Apocalypse and his horsemen as the villain.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
To be fair you did literally say they were bad in the post people were quoting.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Well that's only a problem if you have everything right, if somebody hasn't played all the campaigns (failboattootoot mentioned buying stuff at release but possibly not for awhile) then you'd have a wealth of potential stuff to play.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I reckon they'll keep Emma Frost in the back pocket for the future personally, she's obviously become a mainstay X-Men character but that hasn't quite filtered down into the adaptations and stuff.

I guess they've said this is the end of the "Mutant trilogy" for the game but they could probably do a weird set of unconnected heroes as a wave sometime in the future, like they did with the Valkyrie, War Machine, Nebula and Vision wave and that could have her in it. Or maybe they'll do some new product that's like a villain, some modulars and a hero pack, one of the potential ones is the Hellfire Club and they think she'd fit in that as the hero or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Yeah I don't think Disney would care either way as long as they get their license fee and whatever cut they get but Lorcana having come out relatively recently might mean the market for a relatively casual licensed CCG is somewhat tapped already which might impact the sales of the Star Wars thing.

They want Unlimited to be huge, it certainly feels like they sacrificed some of their other games for it over the last year (Arkham player salty they haven't released any content for 15 or so months, feels kinda like taking the "living" out of the living card game a bit) but maybe they just hosed up production some other way.