Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Triple20
Aug 16, 2005

In the end I guess it's easy after all

kannonfodder posted:

Question for this thread, I've been interested in getting a LCG for a while now, something to play board game style with my friends, is the Game of Thrones one a good choice? And if so, what would be the recommended stuff to get for beginners?

I have similar questions. I'm looking to play one with someone who doesn't play RPGs or MtG, but enjoys Fluxx, Munchkin, and Monopoly. Are the Fantasy Flight games mechanically comparable/transferrable to one another (co-op, optional "easy mode"--I skimmed the LOTR manuals)? Would you recommend picking whatever theme seems most interesting, then? If not, is there one LCG that is simpler than the others?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triple20
Aug 16, 2005

In the end I guess it's easy after all

Bosushi! posted:

Fantasy Flight's YouTube channel has fantastic video tutorials for most of their LCGs. Check them out and you should easily be able to identify which one is right for you.

You weren't kidding, the LOTR videos are fantastic. For the OP, maybe: http://www.youtube.com/user/FantasyFlightStudio. Thanks for the recommendations!