Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
Howl of Blackmane is expected to be in stores on the 26th.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
I'm not interested (have it all already) but I will put it out there that that is a great value for jumping into the game either for someone who wants to build up to competitive or keep it casual.

I love the Star Wars LCG and wish it was more popular. If you have a friend who is interested, this will give you a lot of deck building and a lot of fun!

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
Feels good man

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
Doomtown: Reloaded

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
I had a netrunner data pack that was missing some cards. Just email customer service. Easy peasy.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
Wait until 2nd edition of Thrones comes out. Netrunner is an amazing game that has been out about 3 years now (I think). With this comes a lot of extra cards to buy (if you want everything). If you are keeping it casual then enjoy as is and pick up things here and there if you want.

Warhammer just came out in October and has had only 1 expansion so it'd be a lot cheaper to get "everything".

Netrunner is a very tactical dystopian future game. It is dripping with theme.

Warhammer is balls to the wall grimdark action.

Both are a LOT of fun.

I'd also recommend Doomtown: Reloaded.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
For the last couple of years, the big GenCon LCG/ECG releases have shipped to stores in October.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

Azran posted:

Okay, I'm looking for a card game. I was already eyeing Privateer Press' High Command, since it was on sale in Amazon (I know it is a deckbuilder). But maybe you guys can help me with this.

Here's my context: big, big Warhammer Fantasy/40k fan. I was tempted to buy one Warhammer: Conquest core set, but I've been told I should be grabbing at LEAST two. Here's where the second problem rears its ugly head - the people that play this game in my country are numbered in the dozens. Maybe a bit less. I've got a big group of geeky friends who would be all over a game like this to play between us, but there's absolutely no way they can buy a copy themselves. I like Warmachine as much as I like Conquest, but there's going to be absolutely no competitive scene here, nor will there be for a long time due to import limitation/increasing dollar conversation rate.

Should I still get Conquest? Should I try another LCG? Or should I just stick to High Command?

With the deck building mechanic, you'll be able to build 6 good and varied decks with 2 sets of conquest.

Watch games on youtube and see what floats your boat.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
With one coreset you can def have two ok decks.

The biggest problem is randomness of your draw. You'll be looking for a (generally) 1/50 chance of pulling a card you want, with full playsets that cam drop to like 1/15 or something.

Therefore, games feel really floaty and it's really about luck of the draw instead of skill of the game.

If you are set with getting just one box for now, like I said in the other thread, stick to High Command. If buying more boxes is possible (which you've said it is), Conquest is the game for you - but I'd recommend getting the second core sooner rather than later.

Also, keep in mind the expansions for Conquest (if it's financially/economically an option and all). Each of the first 6, at least, will have a new warlord for one of the factions and the rest of the cards throughout the 6 pack expansion series will directly support those warlords.

It may take a bit, but 15 USD a month (not sure how that converts) will slowly build you whole new stuff. I am BIG into netrunner and I didnt buy my second coreset until it'd been out about 2.5 years and only then because a friend decided he didnt want his and sold it to me for 20. I started the game with about 4 expansions out and never felt at a loss for cards. That being said, netrunner had a much different distribution of cards than conquest does. Like your third conquest gets you 70 something cards you "need" for full playsets. Netrunner gets you 11.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

GlisteningDragon posted:

As long as it is better than A:NR balance when I stopped playing it. I picked up a core last night and I am a little bummed that you pretty much need two of them to build a consistent deck, just like A:NR. I still don't understand why they cannot just give us playsets in the core.

The party line (if you chose to believe it or not) is that core sets are designed to be introductions to the game.

If they gave you full play sets they wouldn't be able to give you the wide berth of cards they do AND keep the price low enough for someone to pick up "just to try it".

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

Thirsty Dog posted:

No, it's pick three sets of cards from within your three chosen colours. You're still going to have to make decisions as to which cards to take in each detachment.

The lcg that most interested me with its minimal pregame deck building was star wars but the buy in is typical ffg bullshit and I don't know if the game itself is actually any good. You're only deciding on ten cards though, which are the objectives and bring other cards with them. Pretty neat, especially as I'm terrible at creating decks normally.

Star Wars is a really fun game, but FFG has kind of shot themselves in the foot by having massive delays between product and the nature of the pod system meaning the meta changes very slowly.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
Yeah, anyone who seriously shits on Star Wars probably doesn't like the deck building aspect of it. They say it doesn't allow for choice and poo poo when that's just silly.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
So I have 3 core sets finally and both of the warlord packs. My LGS is starting a league for a couple of weeks and then a tournament.

With what I've experimented with, I want to play either a Chaos/DE deck or DE/Chaos. Can anyone recommend anything good?

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
Conquest core sets are miniature markets deal of the day. 20 bucks each.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
Regarding the number of deluxe expansions needed.

Historically, FFG has included max copies of cards in the deluxes just like any other expansions EXCEPT the first Star Wars deluxe, but they (basically) put two new factions in that one.

In Netrunner, they put in a lot of cards for just two factions and you get max copies.

In Conquest they are introducing a new faction AND putting in cards for the rest of the factions.

So really, who knows?

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

PaybackJack posted:

Since they make a point to say that you get 3x copies of the 2-new, original seven factions, cards. I think it's a safe bet they are doing 3x of each Tyranid card as well. I think if they were doing 1x of each Tyranid card or 2x we'd see the same from the cards for other factions.

Probably!
I didnt read that part :(

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
My Barnes and Noble has GoT core set on their red dot sale. Are the cards going to be compatible with the second edition? I passed cause I think not, but if it is, I'll run back there.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
The new conquest pack was announced. Theres a new dope as poo poo Chaos warlord and an unpreviewed Dark Eldar warlord in it.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
Is anyone else stoked for Vs coming back?

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
Is anyone here in the Atlanta area? Specifically Marietta?

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

Baron Porkface posted:

I don't understand please elaborate.

All of a factions cards are together.

Each card type within that faction are together. (All agendas, all events, etc)

When you are grouping card type, do not put multiple card types on the same page (7 agendas and then 2 assets).

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
If this town of yours is Atlanta, count me in.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
Just looked through the last page and didn't see this posted

http://www.dacardworld.com/search?Search=warhammer

Deep Conquest sale

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
I was unsleeving a bunch of old decks I had made and putting them away in the binder and I'm missing a whole Conquest deck

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

omnibobb posted:

I was unsleeving a bunch of old decks I had made and putting them away in the binder and I'm missing a whole Conquest deck

bt dubs, I found the deck this weekend

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

Losem posted:

Hit me up in Discord I've got an extra Cap and Ms. Marvel.

If you still have these, I am interested

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

Losem posted:

Ms. Marvel is still available but not Cap. The clam shell is opened but the cards are still shrink wrapped.

that works. what's the best way to reach you to arrange?

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

Losem posted:

Discord is probably best/easiest.

I don't think I'm cool enough to be in there. Can you drop a link please?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

The Black Stones posted:

Next 3 months are heroes. Thor came out this month. April will be Black Widow, May is Dr.Strange, and June is Hulk.

However, in April we will have a preview of the upcoming story box, which is suggested to have 2 or 3 heroes and 5 new villains.

GAMA Trade Show today - Rise of Red Skull. Spiderwoman, Hawkeye, Red Skull and (maybe?) Arnim Zola on the box art