Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

With all this talk of the digital version of the game, I'm just desperately hoping they start reprinting the Dwarrowdelf cycle because some of those adventure packs are the only missing spots in my entire collection. Come on, Fantasy Flight, you can do it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

I'm just super worrier that they'll never reprint the 2nd LOTR LCG cycle and I'll always have a couple gaps in my collection. They've been "Awaiting Reprint" for like a year now.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Mr. Met posted:

Didn’t Fire in the Night just come out two weeks ago? I know there’s been more time in between releases, but it seems like it’s still going, and it sounds like there’s another cycle (at least) still to come that will include the heroes from the LE starter edition. Was there some announcement I missed?

Hopefully they’re not done with reprints, since I still need to pick up APs from Ringmaker through Harad cycles, and the Two Towers/Return of the King sagas.

It’s a good game - I really enjoy the theme of course, but also the ability to play solo multihanded so I can jump into the game whenever I happen to have some free time.
I'm getting worried that they're going to finish this cycle and call it quits (no more reprints). Which will super suck because I have an almost fully complete collection aside from 4 APs from the Khazad-Dum cycle and The Hobbit: On the Doorstep. Ack.

The other thing that made me think things could go bad is that the LEGO LotR and LEGO Hobbit games just disappeared from digital stores, which means that licenses could always just not get renewed. Maybe Asmodee thinks it isn't worth it anymore.

JazzFlight fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Jan 3, 2019

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Jarvisi posted:

So uh, Marvel Champions is apparently out! Anyone pick it up yet?
I'm not in a hurry, so I tied my pre-order to the 1-4 player playmat which hasn't dropped yet. Hopefully before the end of the year.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Drone posted:

Do you all keep your original packaging after moving your LCG collections to a different type of storage?

I've upgraded my LOTR collection over the past weeks and now have the Core set + all of Shadows of Mirkwood; Khazad-Dum + all of Dwarrowdelf; Heirs of Numenor + half of Against the Shadow; The Black Riders + The Road Darkens. I've been slowly packing them into a 4000-card sized cardboard storage box, which is more than big enough for everything, and the boxes for all of my Deluxe/Saga expansions are sitting around empty.

I can't really think of a reason to keep them aside from maybe, someday when/if I want to sell the collection, the potential buyer maybe wanting them for whatever reason?
I actually did a little DIY craft-style solution where I take the core/expansion boxes and cut/glue them together to make a taller box that can hold the cards on their sides with dividers. I took inspiration from this blog post:

https://paniccoffee.wordpress.com/2017/02/27/arkham-horror-lcg-storage-solutions/
For LOTR, I've put the player cards in separate colored binders and the encounter/scenario cards in the crafted boxes.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

John Romero posted:

I saw there was a DC-based one with a ton of content, but it wasnt made by FFG- is that one any good?
Maybe the DC one you're thinking of is the DC Comics Deck-Building Game which is a competitive game closer to Ascension. It's okay, but not considered an LCG, just a game series with expansions. Deckbuilding games like that start you off with a basic deck of like 10 cards which you upgrade during the individual game and then you're done.

The better version of that which is almost fully cooperative (the only minor competitive part is comparing kill points at the end of the game) is Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game, but even that's been eclipsed by Marvel Champions, which is the true LCG that we're all talking about in this thread.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

The Black Stones posted:

I’ve seen people saying their local stores have it or that FFG and other online sites have shipped it so you should be able to find it. Or at least have it on the way.
I've got it coming from Miniature Market and they seem to still have plenty of copies available:
https://www.miniaturemarket.com/ffgmc27en.html

I used to use CoolStuffInc a lot but in the past year, I think they've drastically reduced their inventory (maybe related to COVID-related shipping delays) because they sold out on release day.

JazzFlight fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Apr 10, 2022

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Dawgstar posted:

Would this be the correct thread to talk about Sentinels of the Multiverse?
Hmm, it’s closer to a card game with expansions. I’d say a traditional living card game needs deck customization and SotM doesn’t have that. The line is close those.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Bottom Liner posted:

AGoT 2.0 had a similar issue. Last game board states in a 2p match would seemingly have more cards on the table than big multiplayer commander games of MtG. Add to that the mental load of planning for attacking and defending three different types of battles and it was one of the most overwhelming games I've experienced. We still have all the big boxes and a good bit of the chapter packs and enjoy it casually, but the game was too complicated for its own good despite being really well designed.

The other issue with Lot5R LCG was that you never really felt like you got your engine or deck up and running thanks to the decay mechanic. You never felt like you were winning or doing well, just losing less. I only played 3 or 4 times in the first cycle, so maybe that changed but the issues felt fundamental enough that I doubt it. The redesigned causal rule set did seemingly fix a lot of that and looked really good, but I never grabbed some cards to try it.
I only played the tutorial game of AGoT 2.0 with the sample Stark vs. Lannister small decks and was struggling a bit to understand the strategy of when to attack or hold back characters for defense each turn. I felt like I needed someone pointing out why I should be doing the things I was doing. I ended up buying the core set plus the pre-built house decks so that I could just have a simple finished "board game" instead of having to deckbuild.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

I’d rather fan-made productions go with stick figure art than gross-rear end AI garbage, but that’s just me.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Never get the “oh well it’s here now” argument. So what, I don’t have to like or accept it. I’ll continue to rail against that poo poo every time I see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Bottom Liner posted:

If consumers at large, or in this case, the very small niche community that will follow and support fan projects reject AI art it can absolutely be put out to pasture. Consumer pressure has already had a handful of prominent crowdfunding sites issue policies restricting or outright banning it.

That doesn't mean it will go away entirely of course, especially with CEOs of every industry frothing at the mouth for it, but if public sentiment starts affecting their numbers they'll have to gently caress off too (look at the Hollywood writers' guild and all the concessions they got about AI use in their contract after striking).
Yeah, I’m glad Kickstarter instituted that policy and Steam bans it (in theory). The annoying thing is that Gamefound will never have a disclosure policy because Awaken Realms uses AI art and owns the site.