Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Instant Grat posted:

Preorder DLC outfits are going up for general purchase if you're into that: Source

Flower of War looks like you get a naginata. That's pretty sweet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

Systematic System posted:

You get a chance at fighting the + version of the final boss, which has a much higher drop rate on a special weapon (5% on normal version of the boss, versus 15% on the + version!). And... that's pretty much it.

I've heard that you fight the + version on any NG+, and that it doesn't have to be hard mode. As far as Hard Mode goes, enemies drop higher level abilities and better equipment upgrade materials in hard mode, so you can get stronger than you can in Normal mode. There's a bunch of equipment and garbs that are only available in hard mode. But other than that, I think you only get bragging rights.

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008
I don't think there is any incentive to play on normal at all. There is no benefit to choose normal over easy

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av
Nerd cred is important ok

Oblivion590
Nov 23, 2010

abaddonis posted:

I don't think there is any incentive to play on normal at all. There is no benefit to choose normal over easy

Easy mode gives half gil. (e: Why do you lie, internet?) Normal mode already gives so much EP that you have to intentionally waste it to avoid capping out all the time, so having twice as much EP doesn't really matter.

Oblivion590 fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Mar 13, 2014

Glenn565
Aug 1, 2009

Oblivion590 posted:

Easy mode gives half gil.

No it doesn't. You get the same as normal mode.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Normal mode is easy. Easy may as well be a movie. That's about the skinny of it.

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

Aurain posted:

Normal mode is easy. Easy may as well be a movie. That's about the skinny of it.

Small correction: normal mode is easy if you have the right setups and block effectively. I've seen lots of people complain about the difficulty even in easy mode because they were set up inefficiently.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Yeah, I've seen people struggle their way to the final boss and then give up on Normal (which is a bitch unless you kept a save before the final dungeon, since the time limit mechanic goes away and you can't just wait for time to run out for a NG+).

Systematic System
Jun 17, 2012
If you get to the Final Day, attempt the final boss, but fail, the Crystal of Atonement shows up to let you return to the first day with your stuff.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Even though a lot of the music in LR is taken from XIII and XIII-2, the LR original music is pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQdKkvERi6c

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I'm in the final dungeon and I'm exterminating the Archangeli and monkey dudes during the brief moment that Fang is in my party. I assume that's what most people do? Also, I peeked ahead to see if I still had Fang after going through that door, will I get a chance to exterminate Chimera behind the optional doors?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yes, and the two enemies you speak of cannot be wiped out for good until you progress the story a bit past the part you are at.

Systematic System
Jun 17, 2012
When you're doing the optional part of the final dungeon, note where the Chimera spawns. That's the only room he'll ever show up in, so you'll need to exterminate him in there

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The doorways also act as de-spawn triggers, so if it's not what you wanted to pop, run out of the room.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Aurain posted:

The doorways also act as de-spawn triggers, so if it's not what you wanted to pop, run out of the room.

I've seen this said elsewhere, but it doesn't always work. I've had enemies spawn in those rooms and follow me out of them, and enemies spawn outside those rooms and follow me into them.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Aurain posted:

Yes, and the two enemies you speak of cannot be wiped out for good until you progress the story a bit past the part you are at.

So I'm gonna keep killing them but the Last One won't show up? I think I have an idea of what's behind those doors now :v:

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Systematic System posted:

When you're doing the optional part of the final dungeon, note where the Chimera spawns. That's the only room he'll ever show up in, so you'll need to exterminate him in there

Note that you apparently can only do this after completing the optional segments of the dungeon later on.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Schwartzcough posted:

I've seen this said elsewhere, but it doesn't always work. I've had enemies spawn in those rooms and follow me out of them, and enemies spawn outside those rooms and follow me into them.

It does work most of the time, like 95% if not more. You can't do anything about the corridor spawning, sadly.

ChaosSora
Feb 20, 2013

Yeah the final few Last Ones only spawn in the optional parts of the final dungeon since there are still forced fights with the normal versions of those enemies before that.

Anyway I finished up the main game and did all of the optional stuff during my first playthrough, now the only thing I have left to do is grind for 30 accessory upgrades. In my opinion this is actually the worst trophy/achievement in the game as it requires re-obtaining 30 head piece accessories during a new game plus, which is just tedious. It basically requires playing most of the main game again since the best way to obtain accessories is killing Last Ones or chests throughout the storyline areas.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

ChaosSora posted:

It basically requires playing most of the main game again since the best way to obtain accessories is killing Last Ones or chests throughout the storyline areas.

Not really.
Read the rear end end of this guide: http://www.trueachievements.com/walkthroughpage.aspx?pageid=5914

He directs you to 15 easily gathered accessories. Then you just restart NG+ on day 3 once the hourglass is available and gather the same 15 on NG++. It'll take you an hour tops.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Ok so I will kill enemies until the remaining number is the number you are forced to fight later? Then, once I finish that, I can go back to the room where I killed the Chimera to make it spawn 29 more times?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yes. Be prepared for some trickier fights though because everything is harder on that day and the Omega Chimera has 4 million plus HP. He's not hard, but it's a battle of attrition you could make quicker with a good setup.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

According to this guide Chimera Omega only has 900k HP :confused:

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

According to this guide Chimera Omega only has 900k HP :confused:

That's what he would have if you could somehow fight him before everything starts getting stronger on Day 7.

Systematic System
Jun 17, 2012
And Day 13, and The Final Day (it only happens twice if Day 13 and the Final Day aren't the same).

Systematic System fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Mar 14, 2014

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

I don't recall Chimera Omega being a big deal. Just have your EP fully stocked and you can go crazy with Overclock, whether you need it to stagger or to do damage.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
I wish there was an easier way to share pictures from the game. I want to post all the cool outfits I've made :(

(p.s. White Mage Hat + Quiet Guardian w. White jacket/Red pants/White boots is the best)

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I beat the game last night. The ending was awful and makes me like the game less. Seriously, that was the dumbest poo poo.

Didn't help that the end boss was a dick and had four forms and was a pain in the rear end to stagger. But hey, he dropped his lovely weapon :shepface: I hope he didn't drop money because I equipped the collectors catalog or whatever to get his lovely weapon to drop!!

FunkyFlashman
May 10, 2013
This isnt the first final fantasy game i just watched on youtube rather then buying and having to sit trough all the tedious fighting. But it is the worst story, lame characters, lame enemies, lame bullshit story etc etc. I am amazed.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I think the funny thing is, if this was another (better) game in another (better) game series, I honestly think I would like the ending.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

FunkyFlashman posted:

This isnt the first final fantasy game i just watched on youtube rather then buying and having to sit trough all the tedious fighting. But it is the worst story, lame characters, lame enemies, lame bullshit story etc etc. I am amazed.

Considering the fighting is the best part of this particular game, yeah, not the best way to experience it.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

FunkyFlashman posted:

i watched all the cutscenes from Super Mario Galaxy and these characters are dumb and lame, the story sucks, wtf why does anyone like this game

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

FunkyFlashman posted:

Also, the main storyline is basically the only part of the game that takes itself seriously. The rest (read: the bulk of it) is a really fun battle and customization system, and Lightning snarking at the ridiculous quest-givers. Also, if whatever videos you were watching didn't have Lightning wearing stupid hats and mustaches the whole time, they were playing wrong.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Gologle posted:

I think the funny thing is, if this was another (better) game in another (better) game series, I honestly think I would like the ending.

Nah Xenoblade's ending was similar and it still sucked so I disagree.

Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

The best part of the ending is when everyone's chilling in space for some reason and Bhunivelze pops out of a portal to have another go at them, and he makes this really gross throat-clearing noise I can't even imagine why they did that and left it in but I'm glad they did.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib
PS3 Code for Collector's Edition Strategy Guide Schemata. Free to a good goon home:

PJNQ-DJN5-7K2G Claimed below

Just getting to Day 8. Dozen side quests and about two dozen Canvas of Prayer quests to do plus the ritual extinction of monsters before the end. Took a bit but I'm really liking the battle system. Hoping to be done and on NG+ by next week if my recent pace keeps up.

ShadowedFlames fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Mar 14, 2014

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

ShadowedFlames posted:

PS3 Code for Collector's Edition Strategy Guide Schemata. Free to a good goon home:

PJNQ-DJN5-7K2G

Thanks for this!

As for my NG+ run, just a few more head accessories to get that Platinum achievement. Neato.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Lightning Voted As The Best Character of 2013 At Dengeki Playstation Awards

I wonder who her competition even was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

quote:

if i liked lightning before, now after lightning returns i like her more. the change in her character left me shocked and she really likes steak and i approve that.

Final Fantasy XIII-4: She Likes Steak.

• Locked thread