Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
If the big enemies are giving you a hard time, then don't fight them until you're more powerful. There's no rule that says you have to engage every monster that appears :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
Preorder DLC outfits are going up for general purchase if you're into that: Source

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

According to this guide Chimera Omega only has 900k HP :confused:

That's what he would have if you could somehow fight him before everything starts getting stronger on Day 7.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
I wish there was an easier way to share pictures from the game. I want to post all the cool outfits I've made :(

(p.s. White Mage Hat + Quiet Guardian w. White jacket/Red pants/White boots is the best)

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

FunkyFlashman posted:

This isnt the first final fantasy game i just watched on youtube rather then buying and having to sit trough all the tedious fighting. But it is the worst story, lame characters, lame enemies, lame bullshit story etc etc. I am amazed.

i watched all the cutscenes from Super Mario Galaxy and these characters are dumb and lame, the story sucks, wtf why does anyone like this game

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
This game is pretty incredible because unless I am mistaken, it is the first Final Fantasy game for 14 years that lets you play as a female character who wears pants

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
We don't talk about Amazon Warrior and the boob job

Really though, I know Toriyama is weird and in love with Lightning in a bad way, but at least there were outfit-designers on the dev team who were nice enough to make garbs that don't make me feel like I'm being put on a list somewhere for playing the game. Quiet Guardian is cool, Velvet Bouncer is cool, Cyber Jumpsuit is cool, Midnight Mauve is cool. Primavera is cool if you wear a moustache adornment with it.

Instant Grat fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Mar 22, 2014

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

ImpAtom posted:

Quiet Guardian is basically what I wore the entire game. It's a completely reasonable outfit.

Put on the hat you get for beating Aeronite, and then color the jacket white, the pants red, and the boots white for the best outfit.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
The weapon you get for beating the Wildlands boss is invaluable in the final boss fight (as well as both superbosses) - any stagger-raising attack you perform while it's equipped will instantly stagger the enemy if the stagger wave is at 75% or more (around when it gets red). Other than that, Thundara or Aerora are the best spells for stagger-raising, so have one of them on each of your schema and spam 'em like crazy - putting them all on the same button helps make it a bit easier to execute.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
Yeah, spells, physical attacks, perfectly timed guards, anything. As long as it raises the stagger gauge and you do it from a schema with that sword equipped, it'll work.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

chumbler posted:

In case anyone needed further proof that Japan lacks good taste, these were apparently rejected garb designs:

We missed out on penguin Lightning, Garland/Mordekaiser Lightning knocking people down, a proper moogle suit Lightning, sentai Lightning, and Asura Lightning. If only there was hope in dlc.

Give me the magical girl, the penguin, and the Anime Sauron IMMEDIATELY

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Anyone know what the difference between red and gold stars are?

Gold stars are more betterer is about the long and short of it, I think.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Fedule posted:

Everyone playing this game should download a FFXIII and FFXIII-2 save from GameFAQs or something if they don't have one of their own. You get a bonus garb based on Lightning's costume from each game - LR doesn't care if the save is yours or not - and the two costumes you get are decent if middling (IIRC Guardian Corps gets you bonus ATB and Knight of Valhalla gets you bonus Str/Mag), and more importantly are the only costumes in the entire goddamn game that have four free ability slots.

They also have pretty OK colour customization options, and come with pretty OK equipment too.

Having a save from XIII-2 also gets you a kickass shield that I had on my physical fighter-schema for something like 60% of the game!

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
So when's Square gonna announce a DLC pack that's just a shitload of cool new enemies to fight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Squalitude posted:

I'm wondering, after completing the normal game with most quests completed, Ultima garb etc., could you beat the final boss without using Aerora? Whenever I've looked up any guide for any non-Air-based enemy Aerora is almost always listed as the way to stagger and beat them. I wonder if that's why one of his forms has Air-absorbance?

Another thing I noticed when using Army of One on the final form was that he'd absorb some hits. Are some of the attacks from that ability given an element?

Thundara is actually better for staggering than Aerora - they hit the same amount of times, but thundara doesn't have the travel time.

• Locked thread