Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
Good OP! Just a couple quick things to add for anybody just starting out:

1. Seriously, don't worry about the time limit. It feels overwhelming at the beginning of the game but you end up with plenty of "buffer" days to finish everything. If you want an idea of what to do each day check out the Road Map in this guide at ps3trophies. You'll see if you actually sperged out and packed the main quests into the first 5 or 6 days you'd have about a week of buffer time. So don't fret!

2. The basic flow of the game is to be working on a single Main Quest, but those usually make you wait for certain times of day so you work on a few Side and Board quests while waiting. Even if you don't complete a main quest on a given day, doing enough (I think I read 6?) side quests will still give you the amount of god energy stuff you need to gain a day for the world.

3. The fourth number for the stupid cult code in Luxerion can't be found until much later than the other 3. If you want it totally spoiled because it's dumb and Hope won't shut the gently caress up about finding it: It's in the Warrens, in the big middle area. The gates open at midnight. Thankfully, no other quests I've come across since have been as annoying as that one.

Also, while you can start NG+ in Hard Mode you don't have to. And if you want to get all the trophies/achievements you can do so with two Easy mode runs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
Picked up the Collector's Edition of the guide and I'm liking it. It's nice to be able to put markers on the in-game map with all the spots you need to go to for certain quests. I got confused and thought the CE of the guide gave you the Aeris outfit, but turns out it's the CE of the game itself. The Art of War items is pretty good though. I have a 360 code for whoever grabs it first:

Claimed

Still liking the game, just need to stop watching people faceplant in the Olympics and play it more.

Static Rook fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Feb 18, 2014

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
Yeah, I don't see myself moving the Cloud and Yuna garb out of my main 3 any time soon. Whenever I fight something new I throw out an Elementa to find out its weakness...and then it's usually half dead anyway. Then comes the staggering and the slayering.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax

SaxMaverick posted:

Did anyone find out if both codes are useable from the CE guide? I have the 360 code if someone wants it

Yeah, I gave away my 360 code earlier in the thread and it was used just fine.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax

Aurain posted:

Is there a good place to spawn Niblets to wipe them out for that Yusnaan quest?

If you've already gone through the Industrial Gate once for the Yusnaan main quest (I think it's 2-1 or 2-2), talk to the same guard you gave the ticket to and you can start the Death Safari sidequest and kill 30 Niblets pretty quick. After that it's a matter of killing them any time they pop up in a town and running around the Wildlands. The guide says they appear in groups in later days (7+?), but I haven't gotten that far yet. I still have'em down to Rare just by killing them whenever I see them.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax

"Kaboom Dragoon" posted:

Also, what outfit is it you get in the CE guide? Is it the Art of War one?

Yeah, it's Art of War with the CE guide.

Has there been any word on if they're going to sell the Aeris outfit eventually? I'm a huge hypocrite and think the Tomb Raider garb is dumb but want to throw money at SE for the Aeris one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax

bobtheconqueror posted:

The time limit thing is a little annoying, as it seems to encourage me to spend as little time in towns as possible to keep that chronostasis rolling.

Enemies spawn in towns, too. They aren't all 2 EP giants, but enough to get a full point eventually. Some main quests need to be started at certain times of day anyway so letting time go by isn't a huge deal.

• Locked thread