Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

mikeraskol posted:

Why are you dissecting strategies for a game that you say, twice in one post, that you are "still not going to get."

The internet is a strange place.

I'm enjoying this quite a bit so far. It's hardly without flaws, but I've got to respect Square for breaking the mold so much in making it, especially because, as I understand it, XIII-2 and 3 mostly just exist to reuse stuff from XIII and recoup some costs from that. It's a pretty memorable game, which is more than I'll ever be able to say for XIII-2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

How exactly do the conditional moves work, for lack of a better term? Sometimes when an enemy is staggered Beat Down/Jump will become Launch, but there doesn't seem to be much consistency in when or why this happens.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

So once you've completed the Main Quests (there's five, right?) I take it you just get to screw around until the last day, or what?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Yep. Sidequests, exterminate monsters, go to sleep, whatever.

Geez, you weren't all kidding when you said the time limit was meaningless. I finished everything at the end of day 6.

e: Welp, time to go make some animals extinct.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Not much at first, but once I started on the Dead Dunes and The Wildlands I used it a lot more. I pretty much did all of the Dead Dunes, the end of the first quest in the Wildlands, the second quest in the Wildlans in one near permanently locked day. Mainly because the Dunes and the Wildlands have really easy to fight and kill 2 EP enemies.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

What's a good weapon that has Jump on it? Shadow Hunter is pretty mediocre by now, so I'm left in an awkward position where I either need to have two physical Schemata, or have one physical Schemata with crappy stats.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

chumbler posted:

Ruffian in the Dead Dunes sells the dragoon spear which I think is around the same stats as shadow hunter, and an upgraded version for a chunk of change. You have to have met the boss and done a bit of the main quest first to open the store, I think.

I suppose I should have mentioned I'm done all the main quests, and am pretty darn rich (130,000 gil), so I'll check it out. Thanks.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Well now I feel like a chump :mad:

Seriously though, I haven't seen anything that sells for more than like 75k, so I figured I could afford any weapon being sold. That said, Ruffian isn't even selling the upgraded weapon yet, so maybe not :v:.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Is there anyway to find out what an ability does if it's a modified version of a different one? For instance, right now, I have a garb that changes Heavy Slash to Artemis' Arrows, but I can't actually see AAs stats.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Can every species go extinct or are some immune? Desdemona don't have a distribution when I examine them, which is troubling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

A yeul who ran jokes into the ground.

• Locked thread