Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
FFVI is a bad game, please play better ones like FFV, thanks.

Anyways, I screwed up the quest with the fortune teller dude in Yusnaan, any chance that leads to another quest or am I just gonna have to wait for a second playthrough for that to bear any fruit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Unlucky7 posted:

Call me stupid, but despite not caring that much about FF13 and not playing the sequel, this sounds compelling by JRPG standards.

Do we get to punch Snow's stupid face in? Because he is the worst.

Yes and it's a really great boss fight too.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Got a Cloud code for anyone who wants it on the PS3.

98K8-B6N8-2LL2

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
To be honest the ending's stupid, but it does make actual sense in the context of the dumb story. Like if it were just the reincarnations of the character or something like that instead of literally Lightning being on a train to loving France, there would probably be less outrage over it I guess. Basically what I'm saying is just DDS2 the ending.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
After losing to Caius a few times then changing around garbs a bit to fit the fight I managed to five star him on the first try. It's really awesome messing around with garbs and just dominating a tough boss.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Feb 18, 2014

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Fedule posted:

Who thought this was a good idea?!

This was an amazing idea, what are you talking about?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Blame that on the ADR Director, Square games have a history of hiring great VAs that will have awkward delivery, accents, and emoting despite them knowing how to do all of these things. Probably the only FF game that doesn't have awkward voice acting is FFXII and it's loving baffling how that game had a genuinely decent localization yet XIII did not.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Miku Hatsune has one of the nuttiest fanbases in Japan and Danganronpa's most popular character is Monokuma and he is also super popular outside of that game. The fact that Lightning beat those two is a massive accomplishment.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Renoistic posted:

The funny thing is that Miku isn't even a character. Or do the Vocaloid games have stories now?

Much like Touhou and Kancolle, the Vocaloid series is a series where most of the character and story stuff is fan content and there is a lot of it. That makes it all the more insane that Lightning beat her.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I will forever lament we did not get to use Akashic Lightning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You will miss literally nothing if you skip XIII-2 aside from some story stuff which is already bad.

• Locked thread