Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

For the portion of the game that takes place in the demo, what Schema would you actually have for that moment? I assume just the three (if that) that you start equipped with?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

That is the tutorial. You only have the Savior and the Muse costumes and neither is as well equipped as they are in the demo.

That's about what I figured, thanks.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I took care of most of the side quests in Luxerion, and am about to move on to Yusnaan, but I was wondering about the Born from Chaos quest. How early are people generally strong enough to beat it? Dude was taking like ~1500 off per hit when I fought him earlier and gently caress that noise.

I did that one immediately after the Shadow Hunter and did fine. You get a nice chunk of stats from the SH fight, and the preparation for that fight made me ready for it.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Aurain posted:

Academia 400 really isn't that bad. The fights are frequent and give no reward, but they're absolutely effortless and the area is short and simple to navigate. You can be done with it in 30 minutes. There's no reason for the enemies to be there in that number, but it'll never be the worst area in FF considering the fact that FF8's desert prison is a thing. As is the Lunatic Pandora. And that prison where you can't use magic in FF9. And the Via Infinito. And the FF8 sewer in Deling City. And that bit where you need to jump on that green pole in FF7.

Man, FF8 has a lot of poo poo areas.

At no point in my playthrough of FFVIII (or any FF except XIII-2) did I actually reset my game because I thought it was bugged out and throwing too many encounters my way. It is the worst encounter rate the series has had since the drat NES days. I could be done with it in 5 minutes if there were no encounters. Being an easy waste of time doesn't mean it wasn't still a waste of god damned time.

gently caress Academia 400.

• Locked thread