Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
A YEUL WHO COULD NOT GET BEYOND THUNDERDOME! A YEUL WHO COMPLAINED ABOUT TIME BEING AN ISSUE IN A GAME WHERE YOU CAN INDEFINITELY STOP TIME! A YUEL WHO LOVED THE BOMB! I have known them all! They have all died right before my very eyes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

Coughing Hobo posted:

I've been hoofing it around the Dead Dunes, finding the Temple Ruins entrances and I only just realized that on my way back to the surface, I've been singing Snake Eater to myself. I don't think I'll ever be able to interact with a ladder without doing that for the rest of my life.

What a thrill...

Please help Coughing Hobo, he can't stop commentating on video games like a pro!

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Alright, I'm STILL not going to get this game, but just from watching three livestreams of it (all three at different stages of the game), let me see if I got this straight?

Your ideal set up should consist of two attacking schema's and one purely defensive schema. One of the garbs should be Soldier of Peace, because Artemis' Arrows is "GG GAME". your other two commands for that schema can be whatever, but I guess you want Attack and maybe a Guard? The other offensive Schema, that I've seen, should be your Magic guy, and should have at least three -ra spells, because the -aga spells have always sucked in this series, and I'm surprised there are people who haven't realized this yet. The fourth command can be, again, whatever.

The purely defensive schema should have the Preta Hood and Ghostly Hood equipped so that they can just absolutely ignore any attack in the game. This schema's set up should be about debuffing: Deshell, Deprotect, and Imperil, because apparently Poison is really good. The fourth command should be A Guard of some kind, preferably Heroic Guard, Heavy Guard, or just plain Guard.

The strategy here is to use the defensive setup to debuff, then switch to Magic setup and other offensive set up to Stagger, and whenever the enemy attacks switch to your defensive set up so you can laugh at his clumsy attempts to attack you. Based on this, the best schemas are therefore: Soldier of Peace, some magic schema/a defensive schema that you can make into your magic schema/Paladin, and either Passion Rouge/Sand Fox for the innate debuffs.

Is this right? I'm still not actually going to get get the game, but just from observing, this seems to be what you should be aiming for.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Because that's the kind of rear end in a top hat I am. I like strategizing, min/maxing, in depth stuff like lore, mechanics, poo poo like that. Even a game I dislike (and I do dislike this game, holy poo poo I do, from what I've seen so far) I'll still try to do these things. I'm not proud of it, but I can't help myself.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

Overlord K posted:

Just beat it a minute ago, and out of all the absolutely silly plot stuff, I'm glad one of the few things thing I genuinely cared about got a good conclusion. Noel got to reunite with his Yuel. :allears:

A YUEL WHO LOVED BAGGY PANTS. A YUEL WHO LIKED TO COSPLAY AS KINGDOM HEARTS CHARACTERS. A YUEL WHO DREAMED OF VISITING DISNEYLAND. I have known them all! They have all died, right before my very eyes!

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I think the funny thing is, if this was another (better) game in another (better) game series, I honestly think I would like the ending.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
A YEUL WHO LIKED TO FREQUENT FYAD. A YEUL WHO COULDN'T UNDERSTAND WHY TYPE-MOON KEEPS MARKETING THE SAME GAME OVER AND OVER. A YUEL WHO DIDN'T REALLY LIKE FROZEN THAT MUCH AND WAS ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED BY THE INSANE AMOUNTS OF ELSA X ANNA INCEST LESBIAN SHIPPERS. I have known them all! They have all died, right before my very eyes!

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
This is what happens, you know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
YES. THANK YOU GOD YES