Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nyeehg
Jul 14, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Okay I just got this game today after preordering It from amazon and forgetting about it. Can't play it till later tonight and i have a couple of questions.

I know there was some preorder dlc but my copy has none. I'm assuming that the Cloud dlc was only available from preorders at GAME in the UK. Is that correct? It's not really an issue, I'm just curious.

Also, do I need to do anything special to redeem the costumes from the demo? Or are they just available once I start the game.

At any rate I'm looking forward to this. I'm hoping that the plot remains a weird mash up of ideas (even when they don't work, I find that the most entertaining part).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyeehg
Jul 14, 2013

Grimey Drawer

ImpAtom posted:

You need to enter the codes on PSN/XBL to redeem costumes. Once you do so they'll be available in the Barter Shop option on the menu.

To clarify, my issue was that I hadn't received a code. I didn't realise that amazon doesn't ship a paper insert, they just emailed a code to me. Sorry about that.

I'm still not sure about the costumes from playing the demo though. I'm guessing I link up the Facebook account I used for the demo and all is well?

Nyeehg
Jul 14, 2013

Grimey Drawer

RoboJoe posted:

This is a rather stupid question and but I'm wondering about something.

Anyone in the UK here who bought Lightning Returns, can you look at the back of game box and at the barcode in the bottom right, and see if it says "NOT FOR SALE IN THE UK" just above the barcode. It doesn't really mean much but I'd appreciate you checking it out all the same for me.

I have a UK regular retail copy and there's no sign of that on the box. Two follow up questions:

1.) Is the message printed on the box art or is it a sticker?

2.) Did you order your copy from Grainger games? They often stock foreign releases of ps3 and DS games as those consoles are region free and their games often release in overseas territories before they hit the UK (e.g. Catherine and The Metal Gear Legacy Collection).

I don't know if european copies (Spain, France etc) have this message. i suppose there is a very slim chance you have a copy of the US release and/or the Asian English release. Don't suppose you have a picture of your copies box art do you? This sort of thing is an interest of mine.

Nyeehg
Jul 14, 2013

Grimey Drawer

RoboJoe posted:

Apologies for the late reply.

1) It's printed on the box itself just above the barcode.

2) It wasn't grainger games, but it was from Zavvi.

The game art is identical to this: http://www.game.co.uk/en/lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii-186488
Although minus the little provisional in the bottom left on that picture.

The game itself works perfectly fine (I think I forgot to mention I had the PS3 version), I was just curious about this because I have an ongoing argument with Zavvi support about their poor handling of the release of this game and an assortment of other games from the same week and the week after that other people had issue with (I won't bore anyone with the details, I'm just being all spergy about it) and it being marked as not for sale in the UK probably helps explain some things.

Well it's definatly a PAL release so any DLC you get from the European/UK PSN should be compatible. Still not sure why that is printed over the barcode though (probably a European copy).

Since I've had trouble with them before, I'm guessing the other issues with Zavvi are along the lines of missing DLC and/or not shipping on time.

Switching gears, I'm doing new game plus at the moment and it's amaizing how much chronostasis breaks everything. Managed to get 4 story quests done by the end of day 2. Thank god for the inns.

I'm having trouble finding an Elixr though. Is the only way to get that to sell 100 soul seeds? Not looking forward to that grind.

Nyeehg
Jul 14, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Moskau posted:

Re: Artemis Arrows, I finally got the garb and Heavy Slash, and tried it out and it was kind of disappointing. It has a really long wind-up time and the garb starts at 0 ATB. Does it do more damage with higher Heavy Slash level? Right now I'm doing more damage with Helter Skelter + Chaos Revenge + Attack lv4.

The damage and stagger is large enough to breach most enemy defences so if your heavy slash is level 4 it does decent damage in any situation. I also read that it ignores enemy defences but I don't think that's true, it's just powerful enough that it still hits hard.

Unfortunately, those are its only merits. The high ATB cost combined with the huge windup and worthless starting ATB makes those advantages moot at best. Worse, the few enemies it would be useful on (Chocobo Eater, Earth Eater etc) have too much health to make it a viable tactic. You basically run out of ATB right when you need it most.

It's probably useful on easy mode as enemy stats are lower and overclock only costs one EP a pop so you can spam it until everything is dead. Even then I wouldn't recommend it as there are much better and faster tactics for the regular game(by default the 0 point starting ATB makes it worthless at culling trash mobs) and the bonus bosses will laugh in your face. In new game plus, it's even worse as you will have better options by virtue of your improved stats and better resources.

Never tried whirlwind kick though. I'll have to give it a go sometime.

• Locked thread