Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Systematic System posted:

Come back later: The Wildlands boss is definitely the hardest in the game till Day 7 (good news though, while all the other bosses get stronger on Day 7, the Wildlands one doesn't!).
Based on this, am I better off pursuing Dead Dunes first over The Wildlands? I'm about to start day 4 with the main quests for Luxerion and Yusnaan behind me and it seems like the game implies that The Wildlands would be the next place to go. I feel like I'm barely getting by as it is so I sure as hell don't need to make the game more difficult on myself by progressing to the wrong area too early.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Dr. Eldarion posted:

Mediguard.

The drain is slow, so being able to restore some HP in battle while you're waiting for your ATB to regen makes a huge difference. It works really well with spells that take a while to complete - I'd throw off a couple Elementas, then mediguard until they killed the enemy. Was usually good for 500 - 1K HP or so.
What enemies drop Mediguard? Is there a list of drops anywhere online?

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

I'm playing on normal mode and I've completed all of the main quest missions along with maybe 30 side quests and maybe around half of the job board quests. I'd kind of like to just wrap this thing up so I can move on to other games. Can anyone offer some advice on what I need to do to prepare myself for advancing to the final day? What items and upgrades will I want to get to prevent the boss from kicking my rear end and what side-quests will I need to mop up to get them?

J-Spot fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Mar 9, 2014

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Renoistic posted:

So, the last boss is a complete bastard. I sail through every form but the hit the solid brick wall of death that is the final form. I just can't get a stagger on it. I manage to get the stagger meter up to 50-70% with overclock and by switching between outfits mid combo. Then it attacks, I block, and the meter is all but gone. Usually I use physical attacks to get the meter to stay high longer but the attacks just take too long in this fight.

I've looked up strategies but they usually use weapons and equipment I've never seen even though I finished almost every sidequest and request and (almost) beat the secret dungeon. Does anyone have any tips? It's getting really annoying, even worse than the final boss of XIII-2.
I only managed to beat that bastard by stockpiling ethers and turbo-ethers. I could not stagger the final form legit and was just about dead so in desperation I had to overdrive him into stagger and then spam overdrive until he was dead. Even then I ran out of EP and just barely managed to deliver the finishing blow while he was still down. I felt a little bad for cheesing it like that and probably could have found a better strategy if I had worked at it, but hell if I'm fighting those first forms again to do it.

• Locked thread