Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.
I'm about three hours in and I think it might be time to delete my save and let the girlfriend play this poo poo instead so I don't feel that ripped off. Hope is the new Navi.

I am one of the few people who really liked 13 :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

Except for the Wildlands and parts where they said gently caress this let's have fun with the script, I hate this game. Getting the bad ending is cannon enough for me.

I can't imagine how much more annoying this game would be if you didn't have the DLC/cloud outfits. I've been looking for boss strategies that don't involve Overclock Slayer over and over or take 10 minutes.

ghostinmyshell fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Feb 17, 2014

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

After realizing I spent $60 on this game and I should give it another chance, I started a NG+ Easy. That skipped the intro and a lot of dumb poo poo as it starts you on the ARK ready to go down to the city.

Next came the politician's beard on Lightning with Tomb Raider. Finished Day 2 of spamming chronowhatis and knowing what I'm doing this time here's what I had done:

Spoilers:

Noel Down
Snow Down
Chocobo Healthy
Collecting tablets with Fang
4/5 pieces for Sazh
Reavers extinct. (Their weapon is awesome by the way.)
Something else extinct.
25 Quests
20 Prayers

I think what hosed up my original play-through was exploring and waiting till day 8 to fight bosses, I was wondering why they all had +'s in their names.

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

McDragon posted:

Well these ruins are off to a stupid start. "Hey be careful, you can't rest in here and there's no shortcuts out" as you run slap-bang into one of the teleporters.

Did run into the Last Gremlin a few steps in though. That's Miniflans, Niblets, and Gremlins exterminated so far. All accessories dropped, no hot-pink weapons yet. If Reavers don't have a bright pink sword to loot I will be sad.

I wish all the areas had party characters to help you. Luxerion and Yusnaan are obvious. Give us Noel and Snow. Or just let Choco follow you everywhere. Here's the deal, I won't bring him on the train if you explain why to him, Mr. Train Attendant.

For XIII-2 monsters, I liked Team Chocobo. All the colours. You can't go wrong with Chocobos. :3:

I really liked the Wildlands because you bonded with the Chocobo and then you turn into a team of whoop rear end. I will never forget you Mee Deggi...

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

Is it worth it finish off Last Ones before the bonus dungeon?

Also in my new game plus I just slayed the cultists instead of following them and Hope goes, "Uh I think you just need to go to the graveyard phone." That saved some time :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I really love how DLC descriptions don't mention stats or really explain anything about what you are buying.

• Locked thread