Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Syrant
Jun 28, 2006
This post is brought to you by: Goat Bouillabaise.

First 9

Smornstein posted:

So i've found two of the four cult numbers and i'm halfway through day 2 so far i really like this game but some of these sidequests make me kind of regret not grabbing the strategy guide since i don't know where to even begin looking for some of this stuff, like the girls doll for instance. Also is there any reason for me to not skip town and go check out some of the other areas of the game?

It's directly opposite the sorcery shop. Make sure you get the green one, there is a red one located nearer the girl as well but if you bring that one instead of the green one the little girl pretty much loses her poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006

First 9
I thought it regenerated all your health after battle but I only saw the tool-tip once.

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006

First 9
What's a good staggering combo for most creatures? I know that some involve perfect guards and such but I just hardly every stagger anything. I've tried using blitz to slow the decay of the stagger bar but I just don't really stagger anything through attacks except for the little goblin mooks who die in the same swipe that staggers them.

I know punt is supposed to be good for it? Plus it does launch them eventually but I guess I haven't played around with enough stuff yet.

PunkBoy posted:

I played that part of the story with my sound low, so I completely missed that. :( Hopefully that happens with the optional fights as well. Really cool, though!

I didn't hear it because I was in the Cloud garb every time I finished a fight there during the main quest. :v:

Syrant fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Feb 22, 2014

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006

First 9
When do you unlock access to Last Ones? Just as soon as you drive your first enemy toward extinction?

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006

First 9
Is there a thorough list of locations for the rare forge? I've found one list but it's just a handful of days covered in specific.

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006

First 9

Oh, sorry, I should clarify. I meant with times of appearance. I've seen a small list with some times on it but I wasn't sure if they're static or it is all just completely random.

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006

First 9
Arg, blocking seems so strange at times. It feels like it doesn't respond when I hit the block button so I end up just hitting it twice. It feels 'sticky' but this might just be me poorly managing my ATB. And gently caress perfect strikes with magic, I'm poo poo at those.

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006

First 9
I think I'm just poo poo at pulling off beatdown or heavy slash combos or whathaveyou. I know heavy slash doesn't chain into a combo but I seemingly never launch and enemy although I've managed to see Lightning go airborne in her attacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006

First 9

Mt. Modular posted:

So I beat Lightning Returns, this ending my back-to-back-to-back playthrough of all three FFXIII games. It wasn't my first time playing FFXIII, but it was my first beating it and my first time playing the latter two (obviously, in the case of LR).

Honestly...I loved LR. It's probably one of the most fun games I've played in the last few years. The plot was pretty silly, and I think that everyone I live with is sick to death of the soundtrack and/or Lightning's battle quips ("See you in...the next world!" is now an everyday saying in the house), but I just enjoyed every moment of it. Still, I don't think I'll be able to play this game again for quite a while. Finding every quest item and completing every side mission was extremely fulfilling as I searched every corner of the world for things, but now that I've done it all and found it all, I don't think it would be the same to do it all again. Maybe in a year or two I'll be able to pick it up and feel the same way. Maybe.

I'd like to say that I should now go and play anything that's not FF related. Except...FFX/X-2 is coming and...

I always liked 'Go to hell.', myself. I'm pretty excited for FFX HD because I haven't heard Auron say 'Pray, now.' in years.

• Locked thread