Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

Shugojin posted:

101/100 and 1999/2000 is actually how my attempt at a perfect run of this ended. The last one was hovering over the black abyss in Gol and Maia's Citadel. Somewhere.

Reminds me of my old run on the PS2 years ago. It was also 101/100 and 1999/2000, except the last Orb was somewhere in the Lava Tube and I could NEVER find it.

Fast forward to partway through the LP and I finally decide to go through Jak & Daxter HD after putting it off. Finally got that 100% Run, and also discovered a neat thing that could help a small amount in a speedrun, but likely wouldn't since it's only relevant to a 100% run.

You know how the switches in the Sage Huts always trigger a cutscene you're forced to sit through? Well, you can get all the way to Gol & Maia's Citadel without hitting a single one. It just requires you to almost get 100% in every area you can access before Volcanic Crater.

Essentially, once you clear out every area except the Precursor Basin (which you can't access without hitting the switch which generates the Zoomer in front of it), you have to use a sort of an Out of Bounds "glitch" (since it just requires a bit of precise platforming and swimming) to get past the boulder that blocks your path to the Mountain Pass. You fight the boss, get to the Crater and don't hit the switch in the Sage's hut. You then just buy as many of the Power Cells as you can, then get the last few you need out of the Spider Cave.

You can hit the required Cell Count without the Precursor Basin and Snowy Mountain. Once you do, you just go to the Lava Tube and the Zoomer will magically be there. You then get to the Citadel and hit the switch since you're forced to do so to enter the Citadel. Once you've triggered THAT cutscene, you can use the Warp Gate to go to the previous Sage Huts even if you never triggered the switches on them. And when you go there and hit the switch for those two Huts, you'll skip the cutscene that would normally play.

It's just a neat thing that actually does work, but wouldn't make a difference in a speedrun outside of a 100% or 100 Cells/all Cells Speedrun since you have to go to the Spider Cave anyways. This just saves you the time from the two cutscenes in the Rock Village (Switch Trigger and Moving the Rock) and the one long one in Volcanic Crater (Gol and Maia's monolog).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread