Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

coconono posted:

breaking up Prime Time Players was the dumbest thing ever. Neither guy really had the assets to be big singles stars. Even worse they were getting decent pops as a tag team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
(I found this on the LAW message board)

JTG Triva

JTG's last match was on Sept. 19 2013 episode of Superstars in a losing effort to Santino Marella.

JTG had 7 matches in 2013 and spoiler alert: He lost them all.

JTG's last raw appearance was Dec. 17, 2012 in a loss to planet funks own Brodus Clay.

JTG's last win was at TLC in a dark match on Dec. 16, 2012 over David "Ban Baby oil and you ban me" Otunga

His last televised win was way back in May 8th 2012 when NXT Redemption was still a thing. He defeated Yoshi "I am not tajiri" Tatsu.

Talk about slow burn: On NXT Redemption JTG had an angle where alica fox gave him a makeover. Me and the dozens of NXT redemption faithful are still waiting for that payoff.

His last non-dark match PPV appearance was in the 2011 Royal Rumble match.

His last non rumble PPV match was at Extreme Rules 2010. He defeated former Cryme Time cohort Shad in a four corner strap match. It got a 1/2 star rating (And if you ask me that was generous). This was his lowest star rating.

JTG and Shad debuted on WWE TV at the Oct 15 2006 monday night raw. They defeated spirt squad's own Mikey and Johnny.

His highest star rating in a non royal rumble match is a tie at 2.75. He obtained that rating at Sumerslam 2009 where he teamed with shad to take on Jerishow in a losing effort with the Tag titles on the line. The other was at the 2008 Survivor series where He and shad joined Team HBK to take on Team JBL.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

SalTheBard posted:

The makeover was him changing from Cryme Tyme jeans and boots to regular trunks and wrestling boots. That's it.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

DeathChicken posted:

Yo yo yo yo yo yo. Yo. Yo.

Yo.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Yo baby yo baby yo.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

JTG is perfectly happy with his career though. You wanna know why?

Because that money, money, yeah, yeah.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Great White Hope posted:

I wonder, how much money does a guy like JTG make with just his downside guarantee? Cause lord knows JTG isn't making any PPV, merch, or video game money.

Does he actually have to travel around with the crew? Or does he just sit at home? Paying for travel & hotel to not do anything would be an interesting experience.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Gaz-L posted:

That's WWE, though. A tag team isn't a unique act, it's two guys they're paying to provide half the matches and promos as they 'should'.

I could understand a mentality that the tag division is only a midcard level product that should be used as a vehicle for separating wheat from chaff to find potential singles stars. It's not something everyone would agree with, especially older fans that grew up with tag teams as main event talent like the Road Warriors of the Freebirds or even the Outsiders, but it's not totally illogical or anything.

But the idea that a dedicated tag team is only doing "half the work," or the other thing I've heard people imply WWE thinks, that fans are basically "stealing" when they get a tag match because they could be paying for two singles matches instead... I mean, how does that even compute?

Especially since, say, Titus and Darren for instances are now doing far LESS than half the matches and promos they were doing when they were a team. And I'm just taking a shot in the dark here, but I'm guessing that JTG also did a lot more promos and matches as part of Cryme Tyme than he is now. I admit this is only a speculative hunch though, feel free to correct me on that wild and crazy guess.

Gerpy
Feb 23, 2010

Sweeney Tom posted:

I wish I could do nothing every day for 7 years and still be employed

Money, Money, Yeah, Yeah!

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

weekly font posted:

jtg does the 2nd best sling blade

3rd if you count billy bob thornton

He used to do a pretty cool move on pre-Full Sail NXT where he'd do a suplex into a neckbreaker.

Also the time he got squashed by Brodus where he got some offense, then danced around and yelled "LOOK AT ME, I'M A DINOSAUR!"

JTG is a pretty good wrestleman and I wish he'd at least get use on NXT or something.

Great White Hope posted:

Actually he complained about that lack of money (money, yeah, yeah) after talent got kind of hosed on WM payouts a few years back and for his trouble got squashed by Brodus and then buried by Michael Cole (Vince) immediately afterwards. I can't remember if that was the "I'm a dinosaur" squash or if that was a different Brodus squash.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Suben posted:

Actually he complained about that lack of money (money, yeah, yeah) after talent got kind of hosed on WM payouts a few years back and for his trouble got squashed by Brodus and then buried by Michael Cole (Vince) immediately afterwards. I can't remember if that was the "I'm a dinosaur" squash or if that was a different Brodus squash.

That did get the payouts sorted though, so it wasn't too big of a dumb move.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
He also got on TV for the first time in forever, so getting punished worked out well for him.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Suben posted:

"Yeah, go tweet about that!"

OppositeAstronomer
May 26, 2008

yoink!
Where have you gone, JTG? Our universe turns its lonely eyes to you.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

triplexpac posted:

Does he actually have to travel around with the crew? Or does he just sit at home? Paying for travel & hotel to not do anything would be an interesting experience.
People talk about WCW flying out the people they aren't even using as a dumb idea, so presumably yeah, he does just sit at home.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

Endorph posted:

People talk about WCW flying out the people they aren't even using as a dumb idea, so presumably yeah, he does just sit at home.

AFAIK if you're on the roster you have to go to TV every week whether or not you're actually used. No clue about house shows.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
JTG has always struck me as the kind of dude that could have a solid indie run that wins over people who didn't give a poo poo about him in WWE. Kind of like Masters

crackage
Sep 20, 2004

by Ralp

BigDanRTW posted:

I've never understood why they don't just cut R-Truth and make JTG the generic hip hop black wrestler because that's one of the few characters they have for black wrestlers and he's 12 years younger than Truth, probably makes less money and Truth's career isn't going on an upward trajectory at 42 years old. It's not like JTG is a dangerous or bad worker. He's as generic in the ring as R-Truth is.

pretty sure r-truth can actually rap and assuming jtg can rap because he's black is pretty racist

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

crackage posted:

pretty sure r-truth can actually rap
do we have proof of this?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Endorph posted:

do we have proof of this?

What's up?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFAEBjyhDrM

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Survives Again.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/wwe-releases-superstars

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

This day is far from over sir. That's already been updated several times. I assume once the terminated employee is notified.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Deadpool posted:

This day is far from over sir. That's already been updated several times. I assume once the terminated employee is notified.

JTG's phone is turned off.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Maybe JTG's been dead this whole time.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Endorph posted:

So WWE is like Disney World where no one is actually declared dead until they're hauled off the property?

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Endorph posted:

It makes sense.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Deadpool posted:

They usually go in groups per day. Tomorrow may bring new sacrifices to the Future Endeavors gods.

Plus, I remember several interviews where people say they find out they were fired by someone telling them it was on the website.

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

JTG never actually existed. He's just a bad dream. Now forget about him and go back to sleep.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Sex Robot posted:

JTG never actually existed. He's just a bad dream. Now forget about him and go back to sleep.

3MB are feuding with the Shield in my dreams.

I may never wake up...

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755
http://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/27z4xd/jtg_released/

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

:smith: The End of an Era.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Someone better make a goddamn "Leave The Memories Alone" video for JTG.

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Deadpool posted:

Someone better make a goddamn "Leave The Memories Alone" video for JTG.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxoEpVDGvPE

SirDippingSauce
Oct 25, 2012

We're here to interrogate Manly Dan the lumberjack for the murder of wax Stan.
Ooof. Tatsu posted a blog entry literally yesterday in the official blog he does for WWE Japan called "Sanctuary" and nothing seemed amiss:
http://www.plus-blog.sportsnavi.com/wwe_yoshitatsu/

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
So we're just believing some Reddit idiot now?

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

dsriggs posted:

So we're just believing some Reddit idiot now?

MetsFan4Ever is a pretty solid source.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Matlock posted:

MetsFan4Ever is a pretty solid source.

How solid? Have you ever had contact with him on AIM?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Is he Dave Meltzer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Deadpool posted:

How solid? Have you ever had contact with him on AIM?

He's actually a gaseous entity.

• Locked thread