Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cstine
Apr 15, 2004

What's in the box?!?

Sepist posted:

Another thing to consider when you talk about bandwidth rates, ISP's have no interest in catering to the 2% of their population that utilize 95% of their bandwidth. ISP's love when these users leave them to the competition. When more of the population does need a higher upstream/downstream, they will run more fiber, but for now it's not economical to cater to these people.

As someone that's in a TWT market, my concern isn't faster, it's the retarded 250gb a month limit comcast has.

I don't give a poo poo about gigabit downstream when you're going to be stuck with a 250gb a month cap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cstine
Apr 15, 2004

What's in the box?!?

weaaddar posted:

I hope that verizon FiOS expands to my area so that I have competition, but its not likely.

Especially since Verizon's announced they're not doing any more FIOS buildout.

cstine
Apr 15, 2004

What's in the box?!?

Install Windows posted:

The context in which it happened is: Netflix's transit partners couldn't provide reliable service.

And I'd bet they're paying Comcast less than they were paying their prior transit providers, given the huge amount of traffic we're talking about.

• Locked thread