Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
weaaddar
Jul 17, 2004
HAY GUYS WHAT IS TEH INTERWEBNET, AND ISN'T A0L the SECKZ!? :LOL: 1337
PS I'M A FUCKING LOSER
I'm actually extremely sad about this merger. Just recently TWC rolled out 100mbps (for free as I was paying for 50 and they just bumped it up) to my area, and are looking into supplying 300mbps service.

I have no competition, I can't get FiOS as its not in my area, and my bill inexplicably is low as TWC allows me to use my own docsis 3 modem. So I pay 50 dollars for 100mbps. Yes my upload is a pathetic 5mbps. I don't care. My concern is comcast coming in with its higher fees, and stupid datacaps. TWC may be poo poo for cable, but as an ISP they are giving me the best deal in NYC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weaaddar
Jul 17, 2004
HAY GUYS WHAT IS TEH INTERWEBNET, AND ISN'T A0L the SECKZ!? :LOL: 1337
PS I'M A FUCKING LOSER
As a cursory glance comcast is offering 105mbps for about 90/month for only 12 months plus tax. Inexplicably TWC is offering 100mbps to me and others at 50/mo flat with tax included.

I'm of course concerned with price hikes. TWC while not the best provider is willing to bend over backwards to keep customers. I'm concerned that a comcast with a 33% marketshare desiring to lose 3% market share will not give two shits about customers who complain about higher bills. TWC has never had a datacap in the NYC area, but comcast has datacaps throughout the country.

Yes, I have no choice. That's the nature of cable. I hope that verizon FiOS expands to my area so that I have competition, but its not likely.

• Locked thread