Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

Wow, that's way better than Time Warner "business-class" internet. They wanted to send someone out "maybe tomorrow" when we had a hard outage with them a while back.

Do you have that in writing somewhere? I have a buddy that works at Time Warner that INSISTS they have a two-hour SLA and he won't shut the gently caress up about it.

Also I have a proposal from TWC business in my inbox for a client that quoted 850 a month for a 15mb line. Funny how you don't see that price visiting their site.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Install Windows posted:

So again, what, exactly, is the problem?

Netflix was paying someone for access to Comcast, who incidentally could not provide the service at an acceptable level.

Now Netflix is instead paying Comcast directly, for service that's impossible to not be provided at the acceptable level.

gently caress cogent for selling access their pipes couldn't cash.

Comcast has been purposely delaying upgrades to these interconnects to force Netflix's hand. For someone with as many posts in this thread as you do you should know this.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Install Windows posted:

Prove it for once. Noone ever has.

You're being obtuse; the fact that they refused to upgrade their interconnects, even AFTER Cogent offer to fund the capital costs is the entire reason we're even here today discussing this. I'm not going to prove something that is all over the news.

You can choose to believe Cogent simply didn't have the capacity on their network and this is all a smokescreen but you're wrong.

• Locked thread