Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!
There isn't a lot out yet, but it's kind of big news. Even though he's retired, he was a fairly big name and these are some pretty serious charges. Basically, among other things, he's charged with drugging two women and then raping them. Here is the story from NOLA.com:

NOLA.com posted:

Former Saints star safety Darren Sharper was charged Friday with drugging and raping two women in Los Angeles, once in October and once in January, according to a complaint filed by the L.A. district attorney's office.

In both incidents Sharper is accused of following a similar pattern of raping women whom he had invited to his hotel room, and given them given alcoholic shots containing Ambien and morphine, causing them to pass out, prosecutors said.

Sharper is currently being investigated in a rape case in New Orleans, and the complaint revealed that he is also being investigated for rapes in Arizona and Nevada.

L.A. prosecutors allege Sharper met two women at a West Hollywood nightclub on Oct. 30, 2013 and invited them to another party. On the way, Sharper told the women he had to stop by his hotel room to pick up something and invited both women up to his room, according to the allegations.

There, he gave each woman a shot, and both women subsequently passed out, prosecutors say. One woman told investigators she woke up naked hours later with Sharper sexually assaulting her. The second woman then woke up and "interrupted his actions," according to prosecutors.

On Jan. 14, Sharper met two separate woman at the same West Hollywood nightclub and invited them to a party. Stopping at his hotel, he invited both up to his room, offered them a shot and each passed out, prosecutors allege.

When they woke up hours later the next day, one of the women told authorities she believed she had been sexually assaulted. Both women left the hotel and sought medical treatment, authorities said.

Sharper is accused of possessing morphine and zolpidem, commonly known as Ambien. Prosecutors charged Sharper with two counts of rape by use of drugs, four counts of furnishing a controlled substance and one count of possession of a controlled substance, all felonies.

Assuming he's convicted, he'll be going to prison for quite some time. I'm sure more will be forthcoming, but this was the first non-TMZ source I could find.

Darren Sharper hold my dick, indeed.

edit: GOD. I haven't made a thread in years. Could a mod please change the stupid icon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Lets just get the obvious joke out first

HARDEST HITTING SAFETY IN DA LEAGUE

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Febreeze posted:

Consensually hold my dick

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Really though. Ambien and Morphine. Jesus christ.

You could sell those make a mint, and then just order some prostitutes.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

There is something especially hosed up about serial rapists. I hope Sharper enjoys spending the rest of his life in prison.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!
Edit: Oh hell, I missed that line in the first report.

Well, to make this more useful:

He was arrested and released on bail last month. Not sure why we didn't hear about this then. Since that time, allegations in other states popped up and prosecutors are trying to raise his bail to $10 million to keep him in jail.

Schwack fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Feb 14, 2014

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Dear every football player,

Pl ease stop being completely awful.

Love, Kiwi

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Well this offseason is off to a banging start.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

Schwack posted:

He was arrested and released on bail last month. Not sure why we didn't hear about this then. Since that time, allegations in other states popped up and prosecutors are trying to raise his bail to $10 million to keep him in jail.

I posted about it in the N/V thread but some big story hit at the same time and it was ignored. I even forgot haha

Ordinaire
Sep 1, 2008

Forks in the road we're not.
It hasn't been in the media outside of New Orleans all that much, but here's to hoping he rots in prison if these charges are true.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Well at least they will have enough DNA evidence to convict this sick gently caress. Sharper never wraps up.

Gookzilla
Apr 3, 2003

Hate motivates
Did something new happen today? I thought this was at least a couple weeks old, since NFL Network yanked Sharper off the air IMMEDIATELY.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Chichevache posted:

Well at least they will have enough DNA evidence to convict this sick gently caress. Sharper never wraps up.

there it is

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Gookzilla posted:

Did something new happen today? I thought this was at least a couple weeks old, since NFL Network yanked Sharper off the air IMMEDIATELY.

I think additional charges were filed today in California.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Gookzilla posted:

How immediate was it? Did they use one of those big hooks?

Also, pretty funny that ESPN is falling over themselves to report on this case as opposed to some other rape charges that they consciously did not report on.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Chichevache posted:

drat

Gookzilla
Apr 3, 2003

Hate motivates

Nail Rat posted:

How immediate was it? Did they use one of those big hooks?
I mean as soon as this story broke on some kid's myspace post however long back, he was done making appearances. Although it would've been better if mid-air the story broke and they did get a comical hook and yank him off set.

I find it confusing if you love yourself as much as the "pick magnet" intro infers, why would you resort to roofie'ing up a bunch of strangers?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Bill Cosby got away with doing the same thing, so I guess I'm saying Darren Sharper better come up with some hilarious stories about his family pretty quick.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
poo poo.

Way to ruin my childhood, Frack.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

The Puppy Bowl posted:

poo poo.

Way to ruin my childhood, Frack.

It's okay, I made it up. Sorry guys.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Frackie Robinson posted:

Bill Cosby got away with doing the same thing, so I guess I'm saying Darren Sharper better come up with some hilarious stories about his family pretty quick.

:stare: ohmygod

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
This isn't really surprising. You put 8 in the box too many times and the safety is bound to get burned.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Frackie Robinson posted:

What?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

http://www.newsweek.com/another-woman-accuses-bill-cosby-sexual-abuse-228837

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
NFL Network just had a quick update on the Sharper case.

NFL Network posted:

Darren Sharper still totally susppened from NFL Network you guys.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

Kill your heroes

Pokkahn
Nov 23, 2003
Tree fallin
First Eugene then Darren. Can't wait to hear about what Atari Bigby is up to.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Magicpants posted:

Kill your heroes

That's why all my heroes are fictional. :smug: Onizuka-san will never let me down.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

He had to drug them so he could get the Brett Favre jersey on them.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Chichevache posted:

That's why all my heroes are fictional. :smug: Onizuka-san will never let me down.

Please, he was in a motorcycle gang. You just can't have people like that around kids.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Parmesan Basil posted:

Please, he was in a motorcycle gang. You just can't have people like that around kids.

Trap sprung, otaku.

GTO is cool though

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Revoke the saints super bowl win!

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

soggybagel posted:

Revoke the saints super bowl win!

At least something good will come from these tragedies.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
So many sports heroes end up tarnishing their legacy by doing terrible things, its really depressing. That is why my hero is Joe Paterno. He never did anything.

:rimshot:

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Chichevache posted:

:thurman:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Febreeze posted:

Should have gone with:

OH poo poo! IT'S... DARREN SHARPER!

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Chichevache posted:

Apparently your team winning a Super Bowl magically turns you into a good poster.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
That has not been my experience.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

swickles posted:

Apparently your team winning a Super Bowl magically turns you into a good poster.

Explain Pats and Packers fans. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Chichevache posted:

Trap sprung, otaku.

GTO is cool though

Basically my favorite manga as a teenager

But yeah gently caress Darren Sharper

• Locked thread