Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

swickles posted:

Apparently your team winning a Super Bowl magically turns you into a good poster.

God, it's the Joe Flacco contract all over again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD
At least he wasn't gay. We can tolerate serial rapists in the locker room but I swear to God if one is a homosexual

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Deadspin got the official document. He's accused of 11 druggings and 7 rapes. And that's just from women who've had the courage to report it to the police.

What a despicable human being.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Sweeney Tom posted:

Deadspin got the official document. He's accused of 11 druggings and 7 rapes. And that's just from women who've had the courage to report it to the police.

Jesus Christ.

Please rot in Hell Darren Sharper.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Sweeney Tom posted:

So I think that extrapolates out to like 42 unreported rapes, right? loving christ...

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Spintzel posted:

At least he wasn't gay. We can tolerate serial rapists in the locker room but I swear to God if one is a homosexual

Well the theory there is that all them swingin' dongs in the locker room is going to send a gay man into a sexual frenzy and next thing you know someone got raped.

Although, that may not be completely out of the realm of possibility given that it seems like a third of the NFL is a rapist.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Chichevache posted:

So I think that extrapolates out to like 42 unreported rapes, right? loving christ...

BREAKING: Darren Sharper facing 6 life sentences, charged with every unsolved rape in New York City

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Chichevache posted:

Explain Pats and Packers fans. :colbert:

Well, Pats fans haven't won in a decade so the dropoff is to be expected.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

swickles posted:

A decade of spectacular failure. :flaccid:

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Bill Cosby doesn't make love. Bill Cosby fucks pussy.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

I felt really proud of myself for thinking "he's like the Hernandez of rape" before remembering I read it somewhere else but the point still stands, ain't no crime like NFL crime

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

Chichevache posted:

Not really. 1 out 6 get reported on average .It doesn' t say anything about his distribution.He may have some unreported rapes or not.

swickles posted:

The rotation of wuglyfe,kalli, and seriosthikos is pretty solid sir.

hump day bitches! fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Feb 15, 2014

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Being a serial rapist is hosed up as is, but if he's a multi-millionaire athlete picking up women at clubs and getting them back to his room, you'd think he was well on his way to something consensual. Which means he gets off on them being passed out.

What the gently caress, Darren Sharper.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
If it comes out that the Saints somehow KNEW about this, I'm so loving done with them.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Is it just me, or have the past three or four offseasons featured some absolutely hosed-up off-field activities?

Seems like something truly horrific around this time of year, every year.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

sweet thursday posted:

Bill Cosby doesn't make love. Bill Cosby fucks pussy.

When you're pulling down Pudding Pop money, you can do whatever the gently caress you want

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Lamadrid posted:

Not really. 1 out 6 get reported on average .It doesn' t say anything about his distribution.He may have some unreported rapes or not.

On the one hand, the average is the expected value.

On the other hand, with a high profile case it may be more likely that people come forward, especially as momentum builds.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Lamadrid posted:

Well no poo poo. My methods were hardly scientific.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

computer parts posted:

On the one hand, the average is the expected value.

On the other hand, with a high profile case it may be more likely that people come forward, especially as momentum builds.

Odds are, Sharper won't get charged for all of them. Like with Sandusky, Hernandez, and so much of the FBI's other class-action criminals, Sharper will get charged with enough to put him away for life. If the trial somehow does not end with him convicted, they'll try him again with a new crop of victims.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Lamadrid posted:

Not really. 1 out 6 get reported on average .It doesn' t say anything about his distribution.He may have some unreported rapes or

I have a bottle of pure air I would like to sell you.

Also gullible is in the dictionary.

The patriots don't cheat.

Incognito is an upstanding gentleman.

Greg Schiano is a good coach.

Etc etc.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
Who is better at their respective crime sprees: Sam Hurd, Aaron Hernandez, or Darren Sharper?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Lote posted:

Who is better at their respective crime sprees: Sam Hurd, Aaron Hernandez, or Darren Sharper?

Sharper for sure. Hernandez was just dumb. You might give it to Hurd based on the allegations of entrapment and such.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

A.o.D. posted:

If it comes out that the Saints somehow KNEW about this, I'm so loving done with them.

All of the assaults that they've reported on so far seem to have occurred since last september. That doesn't preclude there having been more, and earlier, but he's been gone from the Saints for a few years.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

And I just watched the vimeo link in FYAD's banner. Massively :nws: btw.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Lote posted:

Hurd because he didn't rape or murder anyone.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

Chichevache posted:

Hurd because he didn't rape or murder anyone.

Ray Lewis. 15 years ago he wasn't even allowed to say he was going to Disney World, and now Disney is paying his bills.

HarlanHell
Nov 16, 2012

Nevermind that shit here comes Mingo!

Marketing New Brain posted:

Ray Lewis. 15 years ago he wasn't even allowed to say he was going to Disney World, and now Disney is paying his bills.

Ray Lewis takes the whole concept of Karma, and shits down it throat.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

FizFashizzle posted:

And I just watched the vimeo link in FYAD's banner. Massively :nws: btw.

You should watch the whole thing it's pretty great

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I always wondered where the W&M in him was

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

HarlanHell posted:

Ray Lewis takes the whole concept of Karma, and shits down it throat.

He will be reborn as a browns fan.

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD

Elephanthead posted:

I thought it was Raider fans who killed people

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Declan MacManus posted:

You should watch the whole thing it's pretty great

Tapped out 3/4 from the end because I don't want to see a Verhoeven-style scene of a guy getting his dick shot off.

Anals of History 100 Puss

HarlanHell
Nov 16, 2012

Nevermind that shit here comes Mingo!

Elephanthead posted:

drat I must have been a pretty big rear end in a top hat in my past life between the Browns, Cavs, and Indians. That'd make a good comic all of the histories greatest villains are reincarnated as Cleveland sports fans.

HarlanHell fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Feb 16, 2014

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

HarlanHell posted:

drat I must have been a pretty big rear end in a top hat in my past life between the Browns, Cavs, and Indians. That'd make a good comic all of the histories greatest villains are reincarnated as Cleveland sports fans.

Maybe you were one of those European traders that would show up in India and your form of negotiating with their delegate was to cut off their ears and sew dog ears on them for a laugh.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Ray Ray was the only one smart enough to burn the evidence.

So you're an nfl player, why do you need to drug and rape women to have sex with them? Unless you get off on that kind of.....oh....oh god.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

GAY KARATE MAN posted:

So you're an nfl player, why do you need to drug and rape women to have sex with them? Unless you get off on that kind of.....oh....oh god.

Its been pretty well established that rape isn't about sexual gratification but about power.

Piggles
Oct 10, 2006

Wilson with the Hail Mary to Tate!

GAY KARATE MAN posted:

yo i'm pretty sure rape isnt about getting off on that kind of stuff.

EDIT: beaten

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer

swickles posted:

Its been pretty well established that rape isn't about sexual gratification but about power.

I wonder how this plays out with date rape drugs though. I get that some people get off on exerting their power over a woman, but if the woman is just laying there like a corpse...

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

swickles posted:

I'm no psychiatrist, but I thought that it was usually, but not always, about power. Meaning that sometimes it can be just about the sex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Chichevache posted:

I'm no psychiatrist, but I thought that it was usually, but not always, about power. Meaning that sometimes it can be just about the sex.

I don't have the data in front of me, but I would be surprised if more than 5% of rapes occurred because a guy just wanted to get off and not because he was acting on a power fantasy. So yes, sometimes, but rarely.

edit: In retrospect I still think 5% is way too high.

• Locked thread