Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
balancedbias
May 2, 2009
$$$$$$$$$

swickles posted:

Are you an anesthesiologist too? :hfive:

Mixing opiates and benzos or a benzo like compound in this case is pretty common in the drug world. Lots of people use both, that's how most overdoses occur, too much respiratory depression. Well, alcohol + one of those is the most common, but mixing drugs happens a lot too.

edit: oh and because the derail occurred in this thread, here is the link to the CTE megathread I finally got around to making:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3610024

This is a great point, because I think people get the idea that someone like Sharper has some "inside dealer" or corrupt doctor that makes it easier for him to get these drugs. Well, maybe he does, but I routinely see people with no such clout come in the ER for overdoses on every prescribable narcotic. Outpatient doctor shopping, lying about lost/stolen scripts and/or pills, borrowing from friends/family, stealing from those plus others on a job (helloooooo locker rooms), plus the good old fashion corner street provider. Easy scumbag poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Rap posted:

Daltos is occupying his usual spot somewhere in the haze between mockery, self-mockery, and real actual thoughts

You spend enough time in that spot and even you become uncertain which of those things you are. Then you become me.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

balancedbias posted:

This is a great point, because I think people get the idea that someone like Sharper has some "inside dealer" or corrupt doctor that makes it easier for him to get these drugs. Well, maybe he does, but I routinely see people with no such clout come in the ER for overdoses on every prescribable narcotic. Outpatient doctor shopping, lying about lost/stolen scripts and/or pills, borrowing from friends/family, stealing from those plus others on a job (helloooooo locker rooms), plus the good old fashion corner street provider. Easy scumbag poo poo.

He got a lot of coaching from Sean Payton just saying.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Sash! posted:

You spend enough time in that spot and even you become uncertain which of those things you are. Then you become me.

oh god... I feel my love for trains coming on and I can't stop it... must... write... book... on... trains... unnngh

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Chichevache posted:

Why do you think sex is basically assured?

Because he has so many bonuses to his roll that he can only fail on a 1? :ohdear:
Or because I was having cognitive dissonance over not wanting Darren Sharper's hot cock pounding my holes? :allears:

Honestly, its because I didn't read any of the articles and I thought that they went up to his room to gently caress, wherein he drugged and raped them. I was being stupid about that, obvs. Never meant to imply that the circumstances of how and when someone commits the rape particularly matters...

Mostly I thought it was weird he was using morphine, and imagined some kind of lovely Svengali situation where he was trying to erase girl's memory of ever having met him. Meanwhile police all over the country compare his DNA to a bunch of rape kit results and...

Ork of Fiction fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Feb 22, 2014

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
By the end of this Shaper is going to turn out to be responsible for like 10% of all rapes in this country.

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2014/02/nopd_issues_arrest_warrant_for_1.html

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Dexo posted:

By the end of this Shaper is going to turn out to be responsible for like 10% of all rapes in this country.

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2014/02/nopd_issues_arrest_warrant_for_1.html
Are there any states that Darren Sharper hasn't raped anybody in?

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Dexo posted:

Somewhere in America, a grizzled old army captain gets a folder thrown on his desk. 5 days before retirement, Darren Sharper has cleared 80% of his unsolved case files. The mayor is giving him a commendation.
Leaning back into his chair and legs resting on his sun-bleached desk, he smokes a cigar.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Are these two new cases (new as in weren't mentioned in the arrest file)? If so, that brings his total to...14 druggings and 10 rapes or attempted rapes.

On the bright side, if he's convicted in this one, he gets mandatory life, no parole, which is all he deserves at this point.

Ordinaire
Sep 1, 2008

Forks in the road we're not.
As far as I know, these are not new allegations according to this. However, that article doesn't contain the latest reports out of Miami.

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

Maybe this is a '6 million in the holocaust sounds impossible' reaction, but is it possible that departments with open cases are tagging Sharper for open cases?

Because drat, man.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Gerund posted:

Maybe this is a '6 million in the holocaust sounds impossible' reaction, but is it possible that departments with open cases are tagging Sharper for open cases?

Because drat, man.

I'd think a victim's statement either would or wouldn't mention "I was with an NFL player named Darren Sharper that night"

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Crazy Ted posted:

Are there any states that Darren Sharper hasn't raped anybody in?

Yea, a state of consciousness.

Marvin_Gardens
May 25, 2005

Chichevache posted:

:drat:

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

Chichevache posted:

:master:

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
drat Chiche you are the JR Smith of posting. Tons of points but only because you take a ton of shots.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

swickles posted:

drat Chiche you are the JR Smith of posting. Tons of points but only because you take a ton of shots.

Rate stats are for nerds.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

swickles posted:

I think Sweet Thursday was pretty on top of it when he called me the Nicholas Cage of posting.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I am the Chevy Chase of posting.

Couple of good performances in the past but mostly just phoning it in these days.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

I'm the Andy Kaufman of posting, yeah most of the time it's annoying but it's performance art

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Rasczak posted:

I'm the Andy Kaufman of posting, yeah most of the time it's annoying but it's performance art

More like Andy Dick

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Well gently caress you too pal t:mad:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Thanks for ruining Bill Cosby for me, you fucks :mad:

Also gently caress Darren Sharper and Jesus Christ, this is the most hosed up sex crime spree imaginable without kids or animals being involved, I think.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Now consider the very small fraction of rapes that are reported, and re-calibrate. I'd bet Sharper has raped over 100 women in his time traveling around the country. *shiver*

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Maybe all of these girls just have a lot of problems falling asleep at night and Sharper was helping them??

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD

mdemone posted:

Now consider the very small fraction of rapes that are reported, and re-calibrate. I'd bet Sharper has raped over 100 women in his time traveling around the country. *shiver*

The idea of a time traveling rapist is terrifying to me

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Spintzel posted:

Listen: Billy Pilgrim has cum unstuck in time

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Spintzel posted:

On Series 8 of Doctor Who...

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

I'm late to this but damnit Sharper. Ugh.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Spintzel posted:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2194499/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

drat it I was going to link that

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

sweet thursday posted:

Ughhhhh

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

sweet thursday posted:

hahah

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

sweet thursday posted:

:golfclap:

I actually enjoyed that book... Until your post. :(

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

I watched this movie about 3 weeks after losing my dad. The end was not a fun watch.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
How will all this work with the trials? Is it first come first serve where whoever arrested him first gets to try him first? Whats the protocol?

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
I have it on good authority (someone Darren worked with) that he has a micropenis. Like tip of your finger.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Regnevelc posted:

I watched this movie about 3 weeks after losing my dad. The end was not a fun watch.

Neither was the beginning. :wal::stat:

Marvin_Gardens
May 25, 2005

Yaoi Mandel posted:

I have it on good authority (someone Darren worked with) that he has a micropenis. Like tip of your finger.

What am I supposed to do with this information?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Marvin_Gardens posted:

What am I supposed to do with this information?

Yep, that's a bell you can't unring right there.

• Locked thread