Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

swickles posted:

Apparently your team winning a Super Bowl magically turns you into a good poster.

God, it's the Joe Flacco contract all over again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

Chichevache posted:

Hurd because he didn't rape or murder anyone.

Ray Lewis. 15 years ago he wasn't even allowed to say he was going to Disney World, and now Disney is paying his bills.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008
ehh nm

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

Kalit posted:

I was talking with a friend regarding this story. We got onto the topic of reporting rape and my friend was trying to tell me that he thinks ~20% of rapes are faked. Also, it's the victim's fault for not reporting rape as soon as it occurs (or soon after) :negative:

I de-friended Darren Sharper as soon as this story hit, I just assumed everyone else did the same.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

Rap posted:

No, we don't know how much it might appear in the general population. But the prevalence of CTE among football players could be extremely high. I'm having trouble finding a case where they looked for it and didn't find it. So it's more rare than we think it is, even though every time they look they find it?

Well, in most cases I've read they are examining people who had CTE like symptoms while they were alive, and it should be somewhat unsurprising when it is confirmed in an autopsy.

I'm pretty far from a statistician, but I assume at the very least you would need a proper random sample in order to determine how common it is among NFL players.

e: Probably just want to read the post above mine on this.

• Locked thread