Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Well at least they will have enough DNA evidence to convict this sick gently caress. Sharper never wraps up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Frackie Robinson posted:

Bill Cosby got away with doing the same thing, so I guess I'm saying Darren Sharper better come up with some hilarious stories about his family pretty quick.

:stare: ohmygod

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Magicpants posted:

Kill your heroes

That's why all my heroes are fictional. :smug: Onizuka-san will never let me down.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Parmesan Basil posted:

Please, he was in a motorcycle gang. You just can't have people like that around kids.

Trap sprung, otaku.

GTO is cool though

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

swickles posted:

Apparently your team winning a Super Bowl magically turns you into a good poster.

Explain Pats and Packers fans. :colbert:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Sweeney Tom posted:

Deadspin got the official document. He's accused of 11 druggings and 7 rapes. And that's just from women who've had the courage to report it to the police.

What a despicable human being.

So I think that extrapolates out to like 42 unreported rapes, right? loving christ...

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Lamadrid posted:

Not really. 1 out 6 get reported on average .It doesn' t say anything about his distribution.He may have some unreported rapes or not.

Well no poo poo. My methods were hardly scientific.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Lote posted:

Who is better at their respective crime sprees: Sam Hurd, Aaron Hernandez, or Darren Sharper?

Hurd because he didn't rape or murder anyone.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

swickles posted:

Its been pretty well established that rape isn't about sexual gratification but about power.

I'm no psychiatrist, but I thought that it was usually, but not always, about power. Meaning that sometimes it can be just about the sex.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Larch posted:

It's so disturbing. You try to figure it out, but there's not really a way to understand it I don't think. Unless you're broken like he is, it's just not going to make sense. For sure there's not a big separation between any other part of life and power, the difference is in what kind of power it is. I think for a normal person, er, assuming I have any idea what that might be, heh, it's a very powerful thing to have sex with a willing partner. Someone said it's the ultimate affirmation right? That's a feeling of power, but the power is in the willingness of the other person.

But it seems like for this guy, assuming that he did these things, he wanted power to control them, to take from them something that they might have even given willingly. Willing wasn't enough, he wanted to TAKE, which is actually violent really I think.

It's really hosed up. I can understand so many crimes. I can understand killing someone because you're angry, or because you're paranoid, or because their continued existence is intolerable to you. That's just straight up violent and I can completely understand it almost every time.

This kind of deviant violence, where some normal seeming drive or impulse is completely perverted and turned into something horrible and ugly, I just can't get a handle on. Then it's even more unbelievable because the guy is ON TELEVISION. I mean, you're not creeping off into the night, like appearing in a lovely sketch, they're just like 'yeah it was Darren Sharper'. So not only are you completely unhinged, you're also incredibly loving dumb.

Makes you think there must actually be a lot more of them. You don't just one day after retirement decide to start drugging and raping women. Unless you have....a worsening brain injury or something.

Are you really trying to draw a connection between CTE and becoming a rapist?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Captain von Trapp posted:

CTE is unambiguously linked with disinhibition with regard to aggression and violence. Now CTE doesn't make anyone do anything, and there's no indication that I know of that Sharper has it in the first place, but the bare possibility of some connection can't be dismissed out of hand.

Sure we can, but probably shouldn't because we are a bunch of losers on the interenet, speculate on whether or not CTE may have somehow contributed to him raping women. But this

quote:

Makes you think there must actually be a lot more of them. You don't just one day after retirement decide to start drugging and raping women. Unless you have....a worsening brain injury or something.

seems to imply that Larch thinks the options are that Sharper has raped women before and just wasn't caught, or that the brain injury caused it. The latter seems pretty ridiculous to me, especially considering the former is almost positively true.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

swickles posted:

Disinhibition means doing and saying random poo poo that your internal filter would otherwise suppress. If the desire and execution to rape someone was a sign of CTE, this would be the first time it was reported and would completely change the thought process and research on the disease.

In other words, Darren Sharper is a rapist who may have CTE, but there is no way CTE contributed to his desire to rape women. In fact, he probably has always been involved in this type of behavior and only now just got caught. At least statistically that is the most likely outcome.

Not every weird or deplorable thing is associated with CTE people. Even in NFL ranks, CTE is more rare than we likely think it is.

Thank you for being an actual authority on this matter so that we can do away with the sophomoric pseudo-philosophy.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Wow two pages in and I'm already finally knowing exactly what makes a rapist tick thank god

Hardfl1p is killing it though

Violent Impulses? Have you played any football lately? :v:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

swickles posted:

Except its not found in every player. You have a great example of confirmation bias going. You only hear about when its found in players, no one ever reports when it isn't found.

I agree that the "CTE is responsible for rape" talk is ridiculous and I'm not trying to challenge that at all, but I thought that almost all of the former players they had specifically checked for CTE had been found with it. As in 35/36 had it and the last guy who did not was a backup qb.

Also if you're willing to make that megathread I'd be interested in reading it. We should spend the offseason learning about that at the very least.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Rap posted:

Ok well I intended my last post to wrap up the derail, sorry guys you know I'd always prefer jokes but I don't really joke about rape so much and I thought a lot of that dismissal was pretty full of poo poo including telling me it's confirmation bias author bothering to produce even one case where it wasn't found

You've been really ornery the last week or so. Everything ok man?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Kalli posted:

A script for morphine seems rather unlikely, but yeah there's a thriving market for it illegally. It's why you pretty much can't get a job at a hospital without a drug test.

On the plus side, looking for answers on this led me to wikianswers, which sticks every asked question over a stock imagine of someone, and well...

Wow. There's a lot of great photo shop potential there...

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

AAA DOLFAN posted:

This thread just showed how little I know about drugs both legal and illegal

I've got an 8th of oregano that I'll let you have for $20.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

AAA DOLFAN posted:

I'm so jealous of all you Denver and Washington state people

I live in California so weed isn't actually legal. until you get a doctor's note

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Hardfl1p posted:

hes feeling conflicted because he screamed and shouted for this guy to "hit it harder" in 2009, and now hes realizing what he was really cheering for

Well poo poo. I laughed.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Ork of Fiction posted:

Well, it's not just morphine, it's morphine and liquor. Maybe he was trying to trigger some sort of retrograde amnesia biz like laudanum junkies used to report?

Honestly, these girls followed him up to his room, drank hard alcohol with him, and then stuck around long enough for the drugs to kick in. Sex was basically assured, so either Sharper just really needs to gently caress unconscious girls, or he was trying some sort of magic cocktail bullshit to try and wipe their memories. I kind of think it's the latter.

Why do you think sex is basically assured?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

AAA DOLFAN posted:

In loud clubs, she drank all night
Kept my special mixture just out of sight
She's passed out quickly, my body will drape
The Sex is implied, no way this is rape!

I have no idea why the green lantern oath popped into my head as quickly as it did

Funky Cold Medina

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Crazy Ted posted:

Are there any states that Darren Sharper hasn't raped anybody in?

Yea, a state of consciousness.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

swickles posted:

drat Chiche you are the JR Smith of posting. Tons of points but only because you take a ton of shots.

I think Sweet Thursday was pretty on top of it when he called me the Nicholas Cage of posting.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Rap posted:

ever find your dad?

I don't think Chicago is good for you.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

shiksa posted:

Sup Darren, still a total piece of poo poo? Aight cool catch ya later.

Louisiana is offering life in prison? Cool. Send him there.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Breaky posted:

You act like there's a good chance that didn't happen...

Start in Jersey and end up in NYC, I would be kind of surprised if he didn't do that at least once.

I would be kind of surprised if Sharper hadn't committed a rape in this manner! Christ this is nearing Sandusky levels of evil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Dexo posted:

Except Sharper didn't have his rapes covered up by a state funded university.

I'm just going to assume Notre Dame was involved until someone proves otherwise.

• Locked thread