Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Wow two pages in and I'm already finally knowing exactly what makes a rapist tick thank god

Hardfl1p is killing it though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

swickles posted:

Not CTE in particular, in fact there are only a handful of authorities on it since its such a new thing. I do however consider myself an authority on head trauma based on my two years as a senior research associate in a major trauma center and the 24 publications on the subject.

:laffo:

Holy poo poo if that's not a verbal uppercut I don't know what is

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Rap posted:

So basically the summary is, they've found it every time they've looked including in wide receivers and safeties, not typical "repeated subconcussive hits" positions, and CTE is highly suspected of influencing people's behavior, but for someone to suggest Darren Sharper had it and it influenced his behavior is crazy, and also it probably doesn't happen as often as people think even though the evidence so far says every NFL player could have it.

Rap what's going on with you buddy?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Hardfl1p posted:

if a guy and a girl meet at a club and have sex with each other, but they both have cte, is that rape?

How lovely am i for consistently laughing at your posts

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Rap what's going on with you buddy?

Chichevache posted:

You've been really ornery the last week or so. Everything ok man?

One step ahead of ya, slowpoke!

But seriously i have noticed the same and hope all is well. I know how lovely it can be to move to a big new city without really anyone or anything

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Rap posted:

That's what I moved away from actually. And I think you guys are maybe just responding to this thread and when I also went after swickles in another thread and frankly crazy it's got me worried about you just as much

Huh? I've read this over and over and don't really understand it but I appreciate any concern. I wasn't being mean or sarcastic, you just seem much different so I was asking

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Can you get those on the street illegally? I mean everyone can party incognito style in Miami and get coke but is the other stuff easy to find?

I assumed he had a script

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
This thread just showed how little I know about drugs both legal and illegal

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Chichevache posted:

I've got an 8th of oregano that I'll let you have for $20.

I'm so jealous of all you Denver and Washington state people

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
If I get busted trying to buy weed I'll claim CTE. If the state calls in swickles wait til they see what I've got up my sleeve..

*poops self*

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
SEVEN RAPES?! holy poo poo id love to read those charges. Dude sounds like he had a system that "worked"

I think it's clear what causes this. Continuous exposure to an nfl lifestyle gave him this false sense of entitlement. And he couldn't control his actions when told no.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Jerome Agricola posted:

Please stop it already*.

That's the post you opt to get on a soap box over? Really?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Hardfl1p posted:

hes feeling conflicted because he screamed and shouted for this guy to "hit it harder" in 2009, and now hes realizing what he was really cheering for

You are slaying me lately holy poo poo :laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Doltos posted:

No lantern will get you through that haze

In loud clubs, she drank all night
Kept my special mixture just out of sight
She's passed out quickly, my body will drape
The Sex is implied, no way this is rape!

I have no idea why the green lantern oath popped into my head as quickly as it did

• Locked thread