Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain von Trapp
Jan 23, 2006

I don't like it, and I'm sorry I ever had anything to do with it.

Chichevache posted:

I'm no psychiatrist, but I thought that it was usually, but not always, about power. Meaning that sometimes it can be just about the sex.

It's rarely just one or the other. Sex is involved in that sexual assaults usually involve the gender the attacker prefers, and usually involve the age range the attacker prefers. Power is involved in that these people actively prefer to commit assaults rather than finding a willing partner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain von Trapp
Jan 23, 2006

Chichevache posted:

Are you really trying to draw a connection between CTE and becoming a rapist?

CTE is unambiguously linked with disinhibition with regard to aggression and violence. Now CTE doesn't make anyone do anything, and there's no indication that I know of that Sharper has it in the first place, but the bare possibility of some connection can't be dismissed out of hand.

Captain von Trapp
Jan 23, 2006

That's true. Not a lot of point in speculating about it, since there's not much chance of getting actual data any time soon. In any case most people who do have CTE somehow manage not to commit violent felonies.

Captain von Trapp
Jan 23, 2006

swickles posted:

So when does this become a federal case?

Committing crimes in a bunch of states doesn't automatically make it federal. It'll probably go like the beltway snipers where they ended up with a thick stack of consecutive life sentences in numerous states.

Captain von Trapp fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Mar 13, 2014

• Locked thread