Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
insufficient guns
May 4, 2009

personally, I would
like to fuck Wall-E

:h: :roboluv: :h:

Cucktales Blogger posted:

I don't know what it's like being an adult virgin and would like to find out. Please, tell me a little bit about your situation as an adult who has never had sex.

Why do you think you are a virgin? And how old are you?

Are your hobbies/activities/etc typically "nerdy"?

Have you ever had a girlfriend or almost "done the deed" or "sealed the deal" before? Why didn't you successfully have sex? What constitutes sex to you, for that matter?

What are your overall attitudes towards women in your age range? Do you think it would be better if they were more traditionally feminine, etc?

Thanks in advance :_)

Way to assume all adult virgins are males :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zokalwe
Jul 27, 2013

Sexgun Rasputin posted:

yeah just go ahead and spring for a prostitute if you pass 25 without getting laid. just fuckin do it. at least you won't be a virgin anymore. there's no reason not to.

Since the shame is one of the main blocking factors, I don't think they'd be better off by replacing "I never got laid" by "I only got laid by paying for it". Depends a lot on how you see it I guess.

quote:

I'll be straight with you—I'm 46. Hold your applause. I remember being 37 when The 40-Year Old Virgin came out and thinking to myself in the theater, "...nah. Won't happen to me. Any day now." For awhile, I kept holding out for that day, but by now? I've basically given up.

It's kind of ok. I'm not depressed or anything—I just get, and am comfortable with, the knowledge that I'll never have sex. It's just a curiosity for me now. It's something other people do, which is fine! It's just an experience I won't have. To me, it's kind of like wondering what it'd be like to live in, say, Libya. I'm never going to do it. I'll die not doing it. I'm sure it's nice.

Given the amount of "Stop caring about it, be a decent person and it will just happen" advice I've ever heard, I'd expect you to be drowning in pussy right now.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Thank you all for sharing. I especially enjoyed the 40 y/o creeping on a child.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Thank you all for sharing. I especially enjoyed the 40 y/o creeping on a child.

It has been a rollercoaster ride for sure.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Zokalwe posted:

Since the shame is one of the main blocking factors, I don't think they'd be better off by replacing "I never got laid" by "I only got laid by paying for it". Depends a lot on how you see it I guess.

Given the amount of "Stop caring about it, be a decent person and it will just happen" advice I've ever heard, I'd expect you to be drowning in pussy right now.

I think the point is that it's not really all that productive to obsess about the fact that you're a virgin or what people might think about it. Not that you shouldn't put any effort into yourself or meeting people/building relationships and you'll just magically have sex one day. I mean it sounds like some of the people in this thread have had legitimate opportunities but have gotten hung up on their own anxiety, which is what that advice is getting at.

Kimmalah fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Feb 18, 2014

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Dark Weasel posted:

So one hot Friday I invited her in for a drink, and she obliged. I was so excited. I just stood there in my kitchen, fingering the label of my beer
So you were going to get her underage tight rear end drunk?

Dark Weasel posted:

We just stood there for an hour, talking it out and negotiating.
Please explain what the negotiations were about.

TIA

e: Even if it is fake, I want to hear his creative explanation to avoid a ban.

The Cleaner
Jul 18, 2008

I WILL DEVOUR YOUR BALLS!
:quagmire:

Lord Windy posted:

Nobody listen to this fool, you're the main character of your lovely movie.

Ya.. listen to Jim Carrey here and make your life a real comedy blockbuster.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

The Cleaner posted:

Imagine if Steve Carells character in that movie had, after two or three dates with that women, simply sat down with her after dinner and told her what was up in a heartfelt and honest way. The movie would have been a hell of a lot shorter and less dramatic.

But would he have gotten the smiley face waxed into his chest hair? I THINK NOT. :colbert:

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

Zokalwe posted:

He went past "not caring but accepting the possibility that it could happen" to "assuming and believing it never will".

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

Dark Weasel posted:

By the time I finally spit it out, I'm sure she'd already puzzled out what I wanted to say. She didn't seem surprised. At least she let me down easy. We just stood there for an hour, talking it out and negotiating. In retrospect, it was a really great, intimate conversation, among the best I've ever had, and even though it didn't end in sex, I'll always remember fondly how she stuck around so long to talk it out, especially since I could tell she was a little uncomfortable for a lot of it.

This cannot be a real post

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Clamps McGraw posted:

If it is, this is the most successful honeypot thread in SA history.

Zokalwe
Jul 27, 2013

Kimmalah posted:

I think the point is that it's not really all that productive to obsess about the fact that you're a virgin or what people might think about it. Not that you shouldn't put any effort into yourself or meeting people/building relationships and you'll just magically have sex one day. I mean it sounds like some of the people in this thread have had legitimate opportunities but have gotten hung up on their own anxiety, which is what that advice is getting at.

Of course I agree with that. But, it annoys me to no end that lots of people will give advice like "just stop looking" "don't fret over it, if it has to happen, it will", "just meet people and be a decent person". Glad I ignored that stuff and continued to "fret over it" or I would be posting in this thread to give a direct input to OP's question. Only personal experience here, I wonder if it's only me or if lovely advice like this is the norm?
Anxiety doesn't help, but drat, you still have to make a push for it, right into the awkward/incomfort zone. That feels pretty awful to anyone with anxiety, but welcome to the dating experience. Please leave all breakables objects (comfort, ego, whatever self-confidence you have) at the entrance.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Clamps McGraw posted:

One probation in 8 years, you be the judge. I just want to hear the answers. He's good either way.

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp
I'm glad I posted this thread, but would appreciate it if more posters would tell us about not having sex ever.

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch
No kidding, the thread's moving way too slow in this forum.

Mods, can you move this to E/N please? That should do the trick.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Asking people to post something that publicly shames them is a lot to ask. Also, I imagine that middle-aged dude who tried to bang a teenager scared a few people off.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Veryslightlymad posted:

Asking people to post something that publicly shames them is a lot to ask.
You don't read E/N I take it?

Veryslightlymad posted:

Also, I imagine that middle-aged dude who tried to bang a teenager scared a few people off.

Yeah I don't think we're gonna top that.

Gay but Spooky
Oct 25, 2005

Dark Weasel posted:

Bunch of youngins' in here...

I'll be straight with you—I'm 46. Hold your applause. I remember being 37 when The 40-Year Old Virgin came out and thinking to myself in the theater, "...nah. Won't happen to me. Any day now." For awhile, I kept holding out for that day, but by now? I've basically given up.

It's kind of ok. I'm not depressed or anything—I just get, and am comfortable with, the knowledge that I'll never have sex. It's just a curiosity for me now. It's something other people do, which is fine! It's just an experience I won't have. To me, it's kind of like wondering what it'd be like to live in, say, Libya. I'm never going to do it. I'll die not doing it. I'm sure it's nice.

Besides, it's hard to meet people where I live. I'm a classic townie—graduated high school, lingered home for a few years, and next thing I know, I still live in the house I grew up in, which I inherited after my mom died. In a small, rural place like this (I live in Illinois) that most people just leave from young, so the dating pool is basically just high school girls and women in their fifties, usually married.

The closest I ever came, before I gave up, was four or five years ago, with my neighbor down the road. Like I said, this is the country, so while I can see her house from my yard, we're not exactly neighbors in the classic, shared picket fence sense. I remember late that summer starting to see her walking by every weekday afternoon (I'm unemployed, thanks to a lifelong non-visible physical disability.) I'd never seen her before, and over the course of a couple months, I found myself always, almost subconsciously, looking forward to seeing her walk by on her way from the school bus. One day I was sitting outside, on my little lawn chair, with a glass of lemonade, and she happened by, and we struck up a conversation. It was nice, and we ended up exchanging a few words every weekday from then on out. We got to know each other: she was a senior, new to town that year, a real military brat. She didn't like the town, but didn't mind too much either since she'd already been accepted to Cornell, and was even set up to move there come summer, so by April, I was starting to think to myself, y'know, now or never. So one hot Friday I invited her in for a drink, and she obliged. I was so excited. I just stood there in my kitchen, fingering the label of my beer, keeping real quiet, so, so nervous. By the time I finally spit it out, I'm sure she'd already puzzled out what I wanted to say. She didn't seem surprised. At least she let me down easy. We just stood there for an hour, talking it out and negotiating. In retrospect, it was a really great, intimate conversation, among the best I've ever had, and even though it didn't end in sex, I'll always remember fondly how she stuck around so long to talk it out, especially since I could tell she was a little uncomfortable for a lot of it. I stopped seeing her much after that, though we did reconnect as Facebook friends a couple of years after she moved.

So anyway, I've remained a virgin my whole life, and that's the closest I've ever got to crossing over! Not too close, right? Well, I guess you've got a point. But it was close enough for me. At least I tried, y'know? No harm, no foul.

Touching story man. Which forum do you moderate?

HarryPurvis
Sep 20, 2006
That reminds me of a story...
Pretty much this.

Veryslightlymad posted:

But all of this is just a story. You gave me some prompts to answer, sure, but what you really asked is what is it like. And the answer is, it is a constant, unyielding hell. Sex is everywhere. It's a transcendent, near-universal part of the human condition, and it's not part of me. At my best, I can rationalize "Yes. I have had to struggle with mental illness and if I keep working on self improvement, the dam will break". At my worst, I feel less than human. It's so easy to get involved in all sorts of toxic thinking patterns. I'll enumerate on some.

The easy one is that I must be the worst person alive. That I'm so broken and different that I will never actually be a part of the adult human population. Think about it. You're constantly comparing yourself to the worst people you know that have still had another human want to have sex with them. You think "But I'm smarter" or "But I'm better looking" or "But I'm a better person--aren't I?" but trying to math it out. I'll get into a weird feedback loop where I'll think "My combination of bad traits adds up to make me less attractive than even the lowest of the low. I must be the very last resort." It tears apart my self esteem like hardly anything else does. It's unbelievably demoralizing to watch the 40 Year Old Virgin and realize "This guy that's supposed to be unrealistically alone has actually had more sexual experiences than I have."

Veryslightlymad posted:

There's a constant, irrational fear that you'll be horrifically ridiculed if anyone finds out. I can't really elaborate on this one any better. I just don't want to be laughed at.

I get angry when other people talk about sex when I'm around. Not at them, specifically. Just in general. It just drives me mad. And I can't let it out, obviously, because then they might know, or pry or judge me. I think the worst part is how ungrateful some people are about it. Like they don't realize that another person has given them a gift, and they should be goddamned thankful for it. Playing with, loving, sharing happiness with another human being ought to be the easiest thing in the world, but it's not. Show some drat respect.

I'm nervous that I have to be perfect assuming I actually do ever get there. I feel like it gets scarier every year. An 18 year old has a lot less expectations of sexual competence than a 29 year old.

Physical contact is just about the most wonderful thing ever. I get kind of emotional on the rare occasions someone other than my mom or my infant niece opts to hug me. Like, I don't care how crazy it sounds, but I think my body is often just starved at times for any sort of physical contact. Before medication, I used to get a sensation, just the most awful loving thing, across my upper back. It's difficult to describe. It wasn't painful. It was more like a soft itch. It would feel like something incredibly sharp was just.... opening up little lines between my shoulders, softly pulling apart my skin and exposing the raw nerves underneath to the air. POST-medication, I still get the sensation, but only when I'm very, very depressed, which thankfully is less and less often.

God, gently caress it. I don't know. That's what I got for you, OP. There's more in there, somewhere. I've spent the better part of my life just... spinning my wheels, obsessing over this one little problem. Like trying to remember where you heard a piece of music. I hope this helps.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

Dark Weasel posted:

The closest I ever came, before I gave up, was four or five years ago, with my neighbor down the road. Like I said, this is the country, so while I can see her house from my yard, we're not exactly neighbors in the classic, shared picket fence sense. I remember late that summer starting to see her walking by every weekday afternoon (I'm unemployed, thanks to a lifelong non-visible physical disability.) I'd never seen her before, and over the course of a couple months, I found myself always, almost subconsciously, looking forward to seeing her walk by on her way from the school bus. One day I was sitting outside, on my little lawn chair, with a glass of lemonade, and she happened by, and we struck up a conversation. It was nice, and we ended up exchanging a few words every weekday from then on out. We got to know each other: she was a senior, new to town that year, a real military brat. She didn't like the town, but didn't mind too much either since she'd already been accepted to Cornell, and was even set up to move there come summer, so by April, I was starting to think to myself, y'know, now or never. So one hot Friday I invited her in for a drink, and she obliged. I was so excited. I just stood there in my kitchen, fingering the label of my beer, keeping real quiet, so, so nervous. By the time I finally spit it out, I'm sure she'd already puzzled out what I wanted to say. She didn't seem surprised. At least she let me down easy. We just stood there for an hour, talking it out and negotiating. In retrospect, it was a really great, intimate conversation, among the best I've ever had, and even though it didn't end in sex, I'll always remember fondly how she stuck around so long to talk it out, especially since I could tell she was a little uncomfortable for a lot of it. I stopped seeing her much after that, though we did reconnect as Facebook friends a couple of years after she moved.

In this scenario you're 18, which means this would have taken place 28 years ago (1986), yet she was moving that summer & you reconnected "a couple years after" on facebook (f. 2004). So how awkward is it, as a 46 year old, negotiating with a minor, that you've been giving beer, for sex?

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

Iseeyouseemeseeyou posted:

In this scenario you're 18, which means this would have taken place 28 years ago (1986), yet she was moving that summer & you reconnected "a couple years after" on facebook (f. 2004). So how awkward is it, as a 46 year old, negotiating with a minor, that you've been giving beer, for sex?

Nice work Columbo you really sussed that poo poo out.

(He loving said it right in his post that it was four or five years ago you idiot).

Roki B
Jul 25, 2004

Medical Industrial Complex

Biscuit Hider
:suspense: ARE YOU A WIZARD? :suspense:

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

Gnack posted:

Nice work Columbo you really sussed that poo poo out.

(He loving said it right in his post that it was four or five years ago you idiot).

you seem pretty angry pal - you going to share your story??

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Zokalwe posted:

Of course I agree with that. But, it annoys me to no end that lots of people will give advice like "just stop looking" "don't fret over it, if it has to happen, it will", "just meet people and be a decent person". Glad I ignored that stuff and continued to "fret over it" or I would be posting in this thread to give a direct input to OP's question. Only personal experience here, I wonder if it's only me or if lovely advice like this is the norm?
Anxiety doesn't help, but drat, you still have to make a push for it, right into the awkward/incomfort zone. That feels pretty awful to anyone with anxiety, but welcome to the dating experience. Please leave all breakables objects (comfort, ego, whatever self-confidence you have) at the entrance.

But "just meet people and be a decent person" is perfect advice for this and often counts for many as pushing through their own anxiety. The whole point is that being desperate and constantly on the prowl to lose your virginity is usually really obvious and turns people off.

I lost my virginity relatively late, but just not worrying about it and living my life worked for me instead of making it into this huge event that was a measure of my worth as a human being.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Kimmalah posted:

I lost my virginity relatively late, but just not worrying about it and living my life worked for me instead of making it into this huge event that was a measure of my worth as a human being.

Same here. Don't sit around wallowing in self-pity hoping someone will magically fix your life with a mercy bang, just go out and do all the cool and interesting things you want to do and then you will be a cool person that people will want sex with. Also to those who say you're paralyzed with performance anxiety, good news: society is hilariously repressed and typical portrayals of sex are massively misleading, so most people have no clue what they're doing in bed anyhow!

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich

I'm glad I posted this thread, but would appreciate it if more posters would tell us about not having sex ever.

It's not really as interesting as it sounds. Basically you just gotta hate yourself a lot and not ever socialize with anyone and it comes pretty easily.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
How would you male virgoons feel about loosing your virginity to a woman who had previously with 53 different guys?

Starter Wiggin
Feb 1, 2009

Screw the enemy's gate man, I've got a fucking TAIL!
Do you know how crazy the ladies go for those?
Virgoons, can you please share your opinions on the 'Incel' (involuntarily celibate) community? Are you a member? Do you agree or disagree with their premise?

cactuscarpet
Sep 12, 2011

I don't even know what rasta means.
This stupid and cruelly intentioned thread was redeemed by Veryslightlymad's honesty. It's a Christmas miracle.

EDIT: Also you 22/23 year olds being all "yep I'm an adult virgin" need a reality check. 23 isn't even that old to lose it.

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011
Is it OK to post in this thread if you had sex like once or twice, many many many years ago? :smith:

Knockknees
Dec 21, 2004

sprung out fully formed

cactuscarpet posted:

This stupid and cruelly intentioned thread was redeemed by Veryslightlymad's honesty. It's a Christmas miracle.

EDIT: Also you 22/23 year olds being all "yep I'm an adult virgin" need a reality check. 23 isn't even that old to lose it.

I lost it at 23 and at the time I felt so old and ashamed. The next morning, I realized how stupid it all was and was relieved that I didn't have to be hung up on it anymore. I wasn't old, and it wasn't a big deal, it just felt like it up to that time.

I remember friends shunning me in highschool because they had all done it and they assumed I was a prude because I hadn't so they didn't want to invite me to girl parties where they talked about sex. To be fair I was totally naive about all that stuff, but it really hurt my feelings that they treated me that way :(

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
The closest I ever came to sex was the one time I got up the nerve to get an escort but it turns out the $100 bill I had on hand was a counterfeit so I got black listed from the only worthwhile escort service in town.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

TheNakedFantastic posted:

27 year old virgin here OP. Basically I am physically and socially repulsive, grotesquely scarred by disease, severely depressed, and hope to one day build up the resolve to end my life.

Same but 31

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Medieval Medic posted:

Is it OK to post in this thread if you had sex like once or twice, many many many years ago? :smith:

Everyone should feel welcome to post in this thread.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Starter Wiggin posted:

Virgoons, can you please share your opinions on the 'Incel' (involuntarily celibate) community? Are you a member? Do you agree or disagree with their premise?

It sounds like identifying as involuntarily celibate or whatever it is they do is a pretty good way to remain that way indefinitely. I dunno. Why obsess over it? Just let it be a single part of the lovely tapestry that makes up your pointless existence.

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

Kimmalah posted:

I see your point--usually the underlying problem is not doing much or having a big social circle--but IIRC, you are a woman and it's a little easier to for women than men to not have to take a more active role and to just stumble into relationships.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Knockknees posted:

I lost it at 23 and at the time I felt so old and ashamed. The next morning, I realized how stupid it all was and was relieved that I didn't have to be hung up on it anymore. I wasn't old, and it wasn't a big deal, it just felt like it up to that time.

I remember friends shunning me in highschool because they had all done it and they assumed I was a prude because I hadn't so they didn't want to invite me to girl parties where they talked about sex. To be fair I was totally naive about all that stuff, but it really hurt my feelings that they treated me that way :(

Wow, that sucks, and I totally feel for you. I too have never been invited to a sexy girl party. Them feels.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

Oh cool E/N got a present. I miss the virgoon megathread that was some hilarious stuff with a few incredibly messed up people. Tape speed, John Stalvern anyone?

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
Hey guys leave Dark Weasel alone. Living in the country changes a man. makes hogs sexy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ausmund
Jan 24, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Why do you think you are a virgin? And how old are you?

Are your hobbies/activities/etc typically "nerdy"?

Have you ever had a girlfriend or almost "done the deed" or "sealed the deal" before? Why didn't you successfully have sex? What constitutes sex to you, for that matter?

What are your overall attitudes towards women in your age range? Do you think it would be better if they were more traditionally feminine, etc?

Thanks in advance :_)

25, will be 26 soon. Not super compatible with other people. I might be asexual, not sure though.

Yeah, video games(only cool stuff like Nintendo, Dark Souls, Metal Gear, Godhand, Platinum Games ect, not MMOs or Minecraft poo poo), Netflix, browsing forums, a little left-wing politics here and there(although I don't consider myself very knowledgeable).

Nope.

Not important to me. They can do as they wish. I consider myself a feminist :)

• Locked thread