Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp
What do you guys think are some good role models young virgins should look up to? The pope maybe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rap Music and Dope
Dec 25, 2010
For some reason Euros really suck to
^ holy gently caress lol. Edit: sorry meant last page Guy.

Anyway, one time in a land far far away, I was staying with a girl for a brief period of time. Yeah we kissed and stuff like this and towards the end of my stay I tried taking things more physically. We had a long talk about why it was a bad idea and how she didn't want me on her mind the next month or so while I'm a few thousand miles away. It was tough at the time part of me of course being an idiot young male was "ehh bullshit she just doesn't want to my hurt feelings etc" but after she was crying at the airport and writing a very emotional truthful letter for me to read on the plane home I realized it was true and she really did like me a lot, enough to actually not bang me. This was such a better feeling to me than just a one night stand. To have intimacy with someone when you haven't seen them naked. It was incredibly new to me. It's special in it's own way.

So gently caress all you retards, sex is cool and poo poo but it's not the end game and everyone who says "i'm ok about it" bullshit idiots everyone needs love and to be loved. Just fuckin' find someone, whatever it takes, someone caring about you romantically is better then sex, although if someone feels that way you should have sex with them. There's just more to it than that you know?

wow a real post.... I'm ashamed....

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

The Cleaner posted:

May I give you guys some important advice?

If you meet a girl and you're getting to know her and she seems really cool, and you are into her and she is into you... After a short while of that guaranteed awkwardness I'd highly advise you to tell her. Like not necessarily right away or anything but like say you two are going out 2 or 3 times, have kissed or something or basically she just clearly likes you, then if you want to cut that bullshit never-ending awkwardness then the trick is to just tell her exactly what's up.

Women aren't going to be weirded out. Curious, yeah. But not weirded out. It's such a mistake to think that they would be. So as long as you make it clear that it's because your "kinda shy" or "had some anxiety issues in highschool" or whatever, they will understand and be accepting, and will probably understand why your kinda awkward with some things. If they like you, why would that be some kind of deal-breaker?

Imagine if Steve Carells character in that movie had, after two or three dates with that women, simply sat down with her after dinner and told her what was up in a heartfelt and honest way. The movie would have been a hell of a lot shorter and less dramatic.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
All girls I've spoken to say that sex is overrated anyways so.

Zack_Gochuck
Jan 4, 2007

Stupid Wrestling People

Rap Music and Dope posted:

^ holy gently caress lol. Edit: sorry meant last page Guy.

Anyway, one time in a land far far away, I was staying with a girl for a brief period of time. Yeah we kissed and stuff like this and towards the end of my stay I tried taking things more physically. We had a long talk about why it was a bad idea and how she didn't want me on her mind the next month or so while I'm a few thousand miles away. It was tough at the time part of me of course being an idiot young male was "ehh bullshit she just doesn't want to my hurt feelings etc" but after she was crying at the airport and writing a very emotional truthful letter for me to read on the plane home I realized it was true and she really did like me a lot, enough to actually not bang me. This was such a better feeling to me than just a one night stand. To have intimacy with someone when you haven't seen them naked. It was incredibly new to me. It's special in it's own way.

So gently caress all you retards, sex is cool and poo poo but it's not the end game and everyone who says "i'm ok about it" bullshit idiots everyone needs love and to be loved. Just fuckin' find someone, whatever it takes, someone caring about you romantically is better then sex, although if someone feels that way you should have sex with them. There's just more to it than that you know?

wow a real post.... I'm ashamed....

She was special. She's the kind of girl you share your herpes simplex virus with.

Ausmund
Jan 24, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Cucktales Blogger posted:

What do you guys think are some good role models young virgins should look up to? The pope maybe.
Laci Green.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
My dad died a virgin :(

RIP in Peace pa

Isotropic
Jan 6, 2013
I'm not a virgin but it has been a couple years and I don't think it's likely that this dry spell will ever end, considering how much my personality has deteriorated in the time since. I pretty much feel like I've reverted to my virginal state, to the point that I identify with a lot of the sad posts in this sad thread.

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011

Isotropic posted:

I'm not a virgin but it has been a couple years and I don't think it's likely that this dry spell will ever end, considering how much my personality has deteriorated in the time since. I pretty much feel like I've reverted to my virginal state, to the point that I identify with a lot of the sad posts in this sad thread.

Same. Except my personality hasn't deteriorated, it has gotten better.(It's still poo poo though :ssh:)

Musket
Mar 19, 2008
How many Virgoons in this thread currently own and wear a fedora of sorts? That might actually be 50% of why you are still virgoons.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Are you a virgin if you've had psychic/emotional sex? I may not need to post here ITT.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

JFairfax posted:

How would you male virgoons feel about loosing your virginity to a woman who had previously with 53 different guys?

Who cares?

Starter Wiggin posted:

Virgoons, can you please share your opinions on the 'Incel' (involuntarily celibate) community? Are you a member? Do you agree or disagree with their premise?

Tentatively negative. Support groups are a real thing for people with various problems, but without a real direction, they can lead to pretty lovely results. When you have something like this, you'll see communities come up, the so-called Incel movement, pickup communities---it's all kind of silly in the end. Support groups as part of something like therapy work, because you have a bunch of broken people being led by someone who knows how to keep them together. Take out the not-broken person and things kind of go to poo poo pretty fast. I definitely see the desire to talk to people who might know what it is you feel, but joining a pity party or a community devoted to turning women into numbers seems like it'd make some deeper-seeded mental issue way the gently caress worse. Virginity isn't a disease. It shouldn't be treated like the cause of what's wrong with you.

cactuscarpet posted:

This stupid and cruelly intentioned thread was redeemed by Veryslightlymad's honesty. It's a Christmas miracle.

Thank you.

Luckily, I saw this thread before too many others had really posted, and while I was in a good mood.
I talked a little before about meeting new people the last couple of years, and the few I've mentioned having social anxiety disorder (or panic disorder) to reacting with genuine surprise at it. It's a really empowering thing. Somewhere along the line, it clicked in my head that the thing that makes me seem less mentally ill and just plain weird was to just admit to it. Anxiety in particular is a bit of a feedback loop. You're nervous about what people think, and then, almost as a corollary what makes you the most nervous is telling someone that you're nervous. You sort of locked into a mode where you can't really talk to anyone about anything.

Then, if you remember the best conversations you've ever had, you start to notice a pattern. What begins to emerge is you realize "Hey, the best, deepest, most comfortable conversations I've ever had--I had no secrets and no reservations." You realize that you tell the other person anything that's on your mind if it's relative to the topic. Personal, uncomfortable, whatever. I think the problem a lot of people have with learning to communicate is the simplest part: Communication is telling someone else exactly what you feel. If you're afraid of something, or want something, or need to say something, anything less than actually saying it is an action doomed to failure, or at the least, an unsatisfying result. And if you hold back, then part of your message invariably gets lost.

Not everyone who hasn't had sex is mentally ill. Quite a few of us are. Laughing at the mentally ill is like, the favorite past-time of shitlords. My main hope is that someone could see me out there trying to become a better person and then make an honest stab of it, too. Oddly, I feel better after posting than I have in a long time. I wonder what the laughers feel about that.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Humans are universally disgusting creatures. I could not be paid to participate in their carnal pleasures.

Rap Music and Dope
Dec 25, 2010
For some reason Euros really suck to

Zack_Gochuck posted:

She was special. She's the kind of girl you share your herpes simplex virus with.

What joke are you trying to make here?

Its a reference to a recent E/N thread where some guy had unprotected sex with a girl who claimed that number.

Galliope
Oct 12, 2012
I was a virgin till I was 22, and I'm an ok-looking girl. I'm 24 now and have had sex with three men.

I'd say it was pretty much down to having no confidence whatsoever in my looks, something kind of drilled into me by mother, who was overweight and began to criticize me heavily when I gained weight in high school. (At my heaviest I was 200 in junior year of college, but surprisingly, it looked ok on me. I carry weight primarily in my boobs/butt. Before that period I was in the range of 140-160, and senior year I got back down to 160). I wasn't super involved in campus life, but I did have friends of both genders, so I wasn't a complete social outcast.

Even when guys hit on me, made out with me, etc., I'd just push them away because I felt the moment was inopportune, or assume they were just doing it to mock me. I asked guys out a few times in high school/college and was always turned down.

When I went abroad to receive my masters, I ended up hooking up with this incredibly hot German kid in a one night stand. I couldn't believe this modelesque guy had any interest in me, but he completely ignored my much hotter friend and I figured, gently caress, let's get it over with.

It was fun if nerve-wracking and I was so happy to just get it out of the way. I finally felt like it was a hang up I could just forget. It was like, popping a lovely zit or something. FINALLY I could just forget about it. I was also happy it was a one-night stand, because I didn't want to have any emotional memories tied to my first time like that. (Saved that for my emotionally abusive first bf... bad idea haha).

I was so used to hearing men complain about how hard it was to lose their virginity and male virgins were such freaks and women could get it whenever they chose, blah blah blah, it made me incredibly paranoid that I had something fundamentally wrong with me. At times I wondered if I smelled bad, if I was much uglier than I assumed, if my voice/personality were super horrible, etc. I still don't quite know why it took me so long, but I think my biggest problem was my horrible self-esteem. I was probably clueless when guys flirted with me.

I would hear about women getting unwanted attention from men and would panic because I wouldn't even get that (by which I mean blatant flirting or even cat-calling). I felt so horrible and ugly and worthless and alone, it definitely made me think about suicide from time to time. It was like I wasn't even a real woman, because apparently no man wanted me, and of course, as a girl, you're told all your life that men are craaazy about chicks and will sleep with anyone.

It was really hard and I wouldn't wish it on any girl (or guy either ofc). There is essentially no support for women in this situation, and many men with similar problems basically treat you like a lying bitch.

Today I know that most if not all of my problem stemmed from my insecurities and paranoia about being hideous.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

serious norman posted:

All girls I've spoken to say that sex is overrated anyways so.

Men physically cannot make a woman orgasm, true fact. This is why there are a lot of lesbians, and they get laid all the time.

ShadowStalker
Apr 14, 2006
How are people in their 30s and 40s and still virgins?

4th Asclepiadean
Feb 18, 2012
Can we get back to the gay guys discussion?

Like, I've had oral sex around three times but never went out of full virgin mode because it's both figuratively and literally a pain in the rear end, plus all the guys I ogle and try to hit on end up being straight.

College Ruled
Apr 25, 2012

"It seems another associate has taken my friendly attitude as to insinuate desires that would exist outside the bounds of professional courtesy."

Courtesy of: 01001100 01001100 01001010 01001011 01010011 01101001 01001100 01101011

Sexgun Rasputin posted:

yeah just go ahead and spring for a prostitute if you pass 25 without getting laid. just fuckin do it. at least you won't be a virgin anymore. there's no reason not to. don't creep on teenagers after you turn 20 either please.

also, go gently caress someone you consider well below your "standards"

you reach 25, 30, 40, so on there is years of emotional development you missed out on with regards to relating someone that you're intimate with and there are so many mistakes and so much drama you need to get through before you get it right. level up. so go gently caress someone you would never consider loving. gently caress a man. become a sexual person. level up until when girls meet you they don't immediately sense you're not boyfriend material because you don't know how to be in a relationship. just get started, right now. log off the forums and don't come back. i'm married, i can be as goony as i want. go earn that poo poo. go give someone an orgasm. suck off a hobo. be brave.

lol

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Musket posted:

How many Virgoons in this thread currently own and wear a fedora of sorts? That might actually be 50% of why you are still virgoons.

I've met a lot of goony people at uni but none of them wore fedoras. I thought that was just an internet myth? I think I dress pretty decently. Converses, denim jeans, plain t-shirt that fits well and no hats ever. I also shave regularly so there's that.

Captain Mog
Jun 17, 2011

ShadowStalker posted:

How are people in their 30s and 40s and still virgins?

Have you ever been on the Internet before in your life?

College Ruled
Apr 25, 2012

"It seems another associate has taken my friendly attitude as to insinuate desires that would exist outside the bounds of professional courtesy."

Courtesy of: 01001100 01001100 01001010 01001011 01010011 01101001 01001100 01101011
nobody on this forum ever has sex. quit posing.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

4th Asclepiadean posted:

Like, I've had oral sex around three times but never went out of full virgin mode because it's both figuratively and literally a pain in the rear end, plus all the guys I ogle and try to hit on end up being straight.

what is there else to say, gay dudes don't like it in the butt so they can find yet another thing to be sanctimonious twits about - "hey guys i don't like vaginas" "hey guys i don't like stuff in my butt" okay geez what other stuff that straights like don't you like, ffs

Ausmund
Jan 24, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Also it doesn't really bother me and I've told people before. Besides some teasing, it really wasn't a big deal.

edit: also wanted to ask, why do nonvirgins in this thread think its funny/shameful/pathetic/sad to be one. I'd really like to hear your thoughts.

Ausmund fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Feb 19, 2014

EN Bullshit
Apr 5, 2012

Veryslightlymad posted:

It's a transcendent, near-universal part of the human condition, and it's not part of me.

The easy one is that I must be the worst person alive. That I'm so broken and different that I will never actually be a part of the adult human population. Think about it. You're constantly comparing yourself to the worst people you know that have still had another human want to have sex with them. It tears apart my self esteem like hardly anything else does. It's unbelievably demoralizing to watch the 40 Year Old Virgin and realize "This guy that's supposed to be unrealistically alone has actually had more sexual experiences than I have."

There's a constant, irrational fear that you'll be horrifically ridiculed if anyone finds out. I can't really elaborate on this one any better. I just don't want to be laughed at.

I get angry when other people talk about sex when I'm around. Not at them, specifically. Just in general. It just drives me mad. And I can't let it out, obviously, because then they might know, or pry or judge me.

I'm nervous that I have to be perfect assuming I actually do ever get there. I feel like it gets scarier every year. An 18 year old has a lot less expectations of sexual competence than a 29 year old.

Minus the parts I struck out or omitted, I can empathize with this.

Zokalwe
Jul 27, 2013

Kimmalah posted:

But "just meet people and be a decent person" is perfect advice for this and often counts for many as pushing through their own anxiety.

Hell no. Sure it will get you friends and goes a looooong way towards making you a balanced and happy human being, sure it is a major victory over anxiety for some people, but for romantic or sexual things to happen you still have to push more.

EN Bullshit
Apr 5, 2012

Dark Weasel posted:

Bunch of youngins' in here...

I'll be straight with you—I'm 46. Hold your applause. I remember being 37 when The 40-Year Old Virgin came out and thinking to myself in the theater, "...nah. Won't happen to me. Any day now." For awhile, I kept holding out for that day, but by now? I've basically given up.

It's kind of ok. I'm not depressed or anything—I just get, and am comfortable with, the knowledge that I'll never have sex. It's just a curiosity for me now. It's something other people do, which is fine! It's just an experience I won't have. To me, it's kind of like wondering what it'd be like to live in, say, Libya. I'm never going to do it. I'll die not doing it. I'm sure it's nice.

Besides, it's hard to meet people where I live. I'm a classic townie—graduated high school, lingered home for a few years, and next thing I know, I still live in the house I grew up in, which I inherited after my mom died. In a small, rural place like this (I live in Illinois) that most people just leave from young, so the dating pool is basically just high school girls and women in their fifties, usually married.

The closest I ever came, before I gave up, was four or five years ago, with my neighbor down the road. Like I said, this is the country, so while I can see her house from my yard, we're not exactly neighbors in the classic, shared picket fence sense. I remember late that summer starting to see her walking by every weekday afternoon (I'm unemployed, thanks to a lifelong non-visible physical disability.) I'd never seen her before, and over the course of a couple months, I found myself always, almost subconsciously, looking forward to seeing her walk by on her way from the school bus. One day I was sitting outside, on my little lawn chair, with a glass of lemonade, and she happened by, and we struck up a conversation. It was nice, and we ended up exchanging a few words every weekday from then on out. We got to know each other: she was a senior, new to town that year, a real military brat. She didn't like the town, but didn't mind too much either since she'd already been accepted to Cornell, and was even set up to move there come summer, so by April, I was starting to think to myself, y'know, now or never. So one hot Friday I invited her in for a drink, and she obliged. I was so excited. I just stood there in my kitchen, fingering the label of my beer, keeping real quiet, so, so nervous. By the time I finally spit it out, I'm sure she'd already puzzled out what I wanted to say. She didn't seem surprised. At least she let me down easy. We just stood there for an hour, talking it out and negotiating. In retrospect, it was a really great, intimate conversation, among the best I've ever had, and even though it didn't end in sex, I'll always remember fondly how she stuck around so long to talk it out, especially since I could tell she was a little uncomfortable for a lot of it. I stopped seeing her much after that, though we did reconnect as Facebook friends a couple of years after she moved.

So anyway, I've remained a virgin my whole life, and that's the closest I've ever got to crossing over! Not too close, right? Well, I guess you've got a point. But it was close enough for me. At least I tried, y'know? No harm, no foul.

holy gently caress how did i miss this :stare:

Starter Wiggin
Feb 1, 2009

Screw the enemy's gate man, I've got a fucking TAIL!
Do you know how crazy the ladies go for those?
I have a question for the (presumably) straight male virgoons. You say you have to push more to make a sexual "incident" occur. What would you do if you just found yourself sitting with a beautiful woman, and she's literally on top of you with her tongue down your throat. How much further would she have to push you? I mean, in this thread, pushing seems to be defined (so far) by a 40-something year old trying to get his underage neighbor tipsy enough to sleep with him.

E; vvv ok she has her hands down your pants (jorts?) and is literally screaming, "take me now you wild untamed stallion".

Starter Wiggin fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Feb 20, 2014

EN Bullshit
Apr 5, 2012
A lot? Just because someone is really close to you or kissing you doesn't mean they want to have sex, or that they want you to escalate.

Ausmund
Jan 24, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Starter Wiggin posted:

I have a question for the (presumably) straight male virgoons. You say you have to push more to make a sexual "incident" occur. What would you do if you just found yourself sitting with a beautiful woman, and she's literally on top of you with her tongue down your throat. How much further would she have to push you? I mean, in this thread, pushing seems to be defined (so far) by a 40-something year old trying to get his underage neighbor tipsy enough to sleep with him.
I think what people are trying to say is you have to do a lot of "pushing" to have the privilege to be in this situation in the first place.

Zokalwe
Jul 27, 2013

Starter Wiggin posted:

E; vvv ok she has her hands down your pants (jorts?) and is literally screaming, "take me now you wild untamed stallion".

So basically you're asking the virgoons "suppose a situation where your problem is 90% solved. Doesn't seem that hard now, does it?"
(while sure with a good deal of social anxiety there's still mean to mess this up)

I still don't get the part where you equate making an effort with the case of the 40-yrs-old going for an underage girl.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Ausmund posted:

edit: also wanted to ask, why do nonvirgins in this thread think its funny/shameful/pathetic/sad to be one. I'd really like to hear your thoughts.

Why is the sky blue (it just is)

Starter Wiggin
Feb 1, 2009

Screw the enemy's gate man, I've got a fucking TAIL!
Do you know how crazy the ladies go for those?

Zokalwe posted:

So basically you're asking the virgoons "suppose a situation where your problem is 90% solved. Doesn't seem that hard now, does it?"
(while sure with a good deal of social anxiety there's still mean to mess this up)

I still don't get the part where you equate making an effort with the case of the 40-yrs-old going for an underage girl.

If the lack of a willing participant is their only problem, then why the hell not just hire an escort if it is that big of a deal.

EN Bullshit
Apr 5, 2012

Starter Wiggin posted:

If the lack of a willing participant is their only problem, then why the hell not just hire an escort if it is that big of a deal.

That's not sex. What counts as sex is indefinable and may be different to each person.

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

EN Bullshit posted:

That's not sex. What counts as sex is indefinable and may be different to each person.

I'm having sex with you right now, at least by my definition.

EN Bullshit
Apr 5, 2012

Tortuga posted:

I'm having sex with you right now, at least by my definition.

according to my definition youre still a virgin

Zokalwe
Jul 27, 2013
Where did I say it was the only problem?

Yes I assumed that in your hypothetical situation the woman was wanting to gently caress them because she wanted to, not because she had been paid for it. Must be my romantic side.

Sexgun Rasputin
May 5, 2013

by Ralp

(and can't post for 678 days!)

JakeP posted:

Why is the sky blue (it just is)

it implies a bunch of negative things about your ability to relate to other people

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

Saros posted:

Oh cool E/N got a present. I miss the virgoon megathread that was some hilarious stuff with a few incredibly messed up people. Tape speed, John Stalvern anyone?

I remember that thread - :unsmith:

For everyone who genuinely posted in this thread:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFWyseydTkQ

CaptainHollywood fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Feb 20, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synonymous
May 24, 2011

That was a nice distraction.

4th Asclepiadean posted:

Fabgoon E/N thread is probably a better place, but anyway.

This is not an uncommon view, buttsexin' is a fair bit of effort. You have prep, the initial discomfort, possible ongoing discomfort, possible (though low) chance of mess, and even if it all goes perfectly well, lube all over your butt and down your legs is a little bit of an odd feeling. With gay dude oral sex, you whip the dick out and shove it in someone's mouth. Game, set, natch.

Basically who cares, you like what you like. Find someone/some folk that's cool with that and bone erryday.

• Locked thread