Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

Terminus posted:

Hey backfield buddy. :respek:
I'm with Camp Wrong Way, we bring the climbable scaffolding, aka Love Tower, aka the Backfield Beacon. For the first time, and despite safety railing around the whole drat thing someone fell off last Spring.Coincidences being what they are though we had made a bar for that burn out of plywood that we built entirely with the intention of burning on Sunday and when the guy fell on it he crashed through and it managed to break his fall. 25 foot fall with only a few stitches thankfully, although it did bum out pretty much everyone at our camp as they all felt responsible and thought he was worse off then he actually was. He was even back on Monday to get his stuff and he got a burner name, Dan Lazarus. His name is Dave.

And yeah, I never really understood the fear of more burners thing. I feel like burns are good at weeding out people who are just looking for a low effort outdoor party. Maybe the prospect of more burners will be enough to get PDF to up it's search for a new location though. The current location is good for now but I've heard of some problems with the vets, mainly in regards to female burners, and being more than 10 feet above sea level can't hurt.

Oh man, I had heard about the guy falling at Spring, glad to hear he came out with minimal injuries. We didn't hear much more than "dude fell off the tower."

Fall PDF was my second burn, I was in mid-backfield with Kinky Tiki. We didn't do much on account of not enjoying slogging through 6" of mud to get anywhere, but it was still a pretty great time. Wrecked my shoulder helping shove stuck cars out of the mudpit on Monday though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread