Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mandaryn
Sep 4, 2004

COCK SNAKE!
Shot of the man burn. :) Just a point and shoot camera, set on the "candle light" setting.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mandaryn fucked around with this message at 11:56 on Mar 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mandaryn
Sep 4, 2004

COCK SNAKE!

stratdax posted:

Put dry ice in the freezer, and bring several ice packs and swap them back and forth from the fridge back to the freezer once a day so I can re-freeze them. Anybody see any obvious issues with this plan that I'm missing?

Also I found a ticket, now I just need a vehicle pass.

Dry ice will eventually melt out there. Depending on the grade of your cooler and how often you wind up opening it (if you're pulling out other stuff from the freezer more often than the ice pack switch) it could be sooner rather than later. You just have to be super careful about it. :)

I just buy ice every couple of days and transfer it to ziplock baggies, and then I have nice cold water to drink too.

Mandaryn
Sep 4, 2004

COCK SNAKE!

Smeed posted:

You might be able to keep it frozen for longer if you've got your cooler off the ground and wrapped in a blanket. I imagine you could buy a block of dry ice, wrap in in a blanket or a couple towels and stick it in the bottom of your cooler. You'd lose a bunch of space but you'd have great insulation and you probably wouldnt have to worry about the food you place on top of it freezing solid.

I may try this this year. I kept it on those 1/2 inch interlocking foam thingys in my tent and that seemed to help rather than putting it directly on the ground. I added some reflective/insinuative bubble wrap stuff on the inside of it too, to add a bit more insulation and that helped too. i may try wrapping the dry ice in a towel or something this year.

Mandaryn
Sep 4, 2004

COCK SNAKE!

Liquid Communism posted:

You'd probably get more play out of making a reflective/insulative bubble wrap slipcover rather than putting it inside. The internal insulation on a cooler is already pretty good, and the reflective properties of that mylar insulation are better for keeping heat out than cold in.

Oh, totally. I just ran out of time for making the outside one (was planning on doing both). I'm pretty sure I still have the stuff for it, so I may make another one this year. The internal one also helped concealing some special tea bags I brought along.

Mandaryn
Sep 4, 2004

COCK SNAKE!

gadgethugs posted:

After the van with all our camp infrastructure was ganked in Oakland last year some neighbors donated a hammock pavilion.

I did a lot of napping last year.

I visited your camp! That hammock dome was lovely…. KFC, yes?

Mandaryn
Sep 4, 2004

COCK SNAKE!

Chouffe posted:

No, in fact there's a usually a mad dash to submit events once they open because they only have so much room in the book. There will be many online that don't make it into the book. The ones that make it into the book will likely be more well-attended due to being in the book.

Edit: it's called the Book of Lies

Fixed it for you….

Mandaryn
Sep 4, 2004

COCK SNAKE!

mitztronic posted:

got a tentative schedule

Monday 8-10pm - Desert Shift (Trip Hop)
Thursday 8-10pm - Dune Traveler (Psychedelic)

follow updates here:
https://www.facebook.com/events/461808887289932/

or add me on facebook (facebook.com/jonmitz) and print out the burner map before you go.

edit: burner map: https://burnermap.com/map/

You're my neighbor! I'll be at the roller disco 7:30 & Esplanade

Mandaryn
Sep 4, 2004

COCK SNAKE!

IceLicker posted:

One of these days Daft Punk actually should play the trash fence at dawn only to have like 5 virgins show up.

Just showed this to my husband "I'm surprised that no one has recreated the helmets and put on a fake show there." Me, "WE SHOULD DO THIS! CAN WE DO THIS?"

I think I just figured out what I want to do for next year. :D

Also: Best burn yet for me. It was my 4th burn, but the first one going on my own. I was lovingly welcomed into the Black Rock Roller Disco and I think I may have found my forever camp.

Mandaryn
Sep 4, 2004

COCK SNAKE!

JOHN SKELETON posted:

Anyone see the Toilet Bowl, our bowling alley at the 9.00 Promenade toilets? Was on the crew for it this year. Some of the electronics ended up not working and we had a lot of generator troubles, but I think all in all it was a success.

I saw it only from a distance this year. I've seen it in the past, and even thrown a couple balls. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mandaryn
Sep 4, 2004

COCK SNAKE!
"What did you do?"

Oh, I climbed on a big spinning metal tree thing. Got a few bruises...

I'm just above the guy in the vest hanging off - blue hat. This photo, by Scott London, was featured on RollingStone.com. Kinda awesome.

I don't have any too-strange stories, but it was an amazing year.

• Locked thread