Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TURTLE SLUT
Dec 12, 2005

Burning Man is really cool and fun. If you're reading this you should go and have a good time.

I went for the first time in 2011 knowing hardly anyone on the entire continent and had a great time. That experience was pretty instrumental in changing my life, and I now live in New York partially because I wanted to be closer to the Burn. Made a lot of lifelong friends either at the event or through related meetups.

I bought two tickets a few days ago through the theme camp directed sale, so I'm definitely going again this year! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TURTLE SLUT
Dec 12, 2005

Glad to see virgins going! I might finally be able to lure one of my long time friends to go with me.

Throwdown posted:

Anyone going to Transformus this year?
I will, if I get the time off. I've definitely good things about it from people who go to multiple regionals a year.

TURTLE SLUT
Dec 12, 2005

People, me included, will drink anything that has alcohol in it. It's pretty much assumed that half of any drink served is playa dust, as it's unavoidable.

Many minors go to the event and every years many bars get a ticket for serving alcohol to a minor. Usually cops only target the big visible theme camp bars, but if you want to be safe you should card people.

TURTLE SLUT
Dec 12, 2005

Smeed posted:

What are reasonable camp dues? I found a theme camp that is open to new members, seem cool, like a camp that actually contributes, is a community and not just a plug and play outlet... but they want $250. (Meals, generators, showers, booze, sound system, storage space, porta-poties...) By Thursday I'd almost pay that for just a shower, but its a tough sell to my camp mates and I can't tell if it'd be worth it or not.
Depends on the exact details of what they're offering and if the people seem cool, but $250 isn't outrageous at all. If you're getting meals and booze, that sounds like a good deal. Remember, you're not just paying for the amenities of the camp, you're also contributing to buy all the poo poo they need to build whatever art/sound camp/thing they provide for the playa.

TURTLE SLUT
Dec 12, 2005

About to board on a plane to London and continue to LAX and then Reno. Going to be on playa in like two days. Never done early entry before, this should be interesting!

Everyone feel free come to the Toilet Bowl party on Tuesday at 4pm near the 9 o clock inner playa toilets. Bowling on two regulation size bowling lanes, liquor, and art cars! Say hi to the Finnish guy if you see him / it / me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TURTLE SLUT
Dec 12, 2005

Been home for about a week now and drat I miss the playa already.

It was my first time going early entry and it was really interesting to see behind the scenes so to speak. I arrived Tuesday on build week so I spent about 13 days on playa. Rough on the body and mind as I expected, and ended up not going out as much as I usually do as I was just too tired mentally and physically. Still had a ton of fun, and actually it was interesting to see how Friday, Saturday, and Sunday on build week were already crazy party days on the playa. I remember going out on Friday night to do some more building and hearing music playing, art cars driving, fire, blinky lights, costumes, all that you would see during the actual event. Could have been because weather was super nice and small to mid sized projects finished ahead of schedule.

Saw the Man without a head, and Embrace without the body. For a while from a distance Embrace looked just like two balls in the air, and you could have a hearty giggle by walking so that the piece would be positioned directly between the legs of the Man.

Anyone see the Toilet Bowl, our bowling alley at the 9.00 Promenade toilets? Was on the crew for it this year. Some of the electronics ended up not working and we had a lot of generator troubles, but I think all in all it was a success.

• Locked thread