Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jaz
Dec 24, 2005

Part of the internet...

Alfajor posted:

There's already some controversy about the proposal to have Embrace be the temple, so you're not the only one who's not feeling it.
Yeah it doesn't look like a traditional temple, but that is why I like this design. The BM temple for me has always been about spirituality, but putting a fresh take on it.

This year they have made a major change to the aesthetic of the Man, why not shake up the temple a bit too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaz
Dec 24, 2005

Part of the internet...
I carry an expired license, with the real one locked in a car. The expired license has a hole punched in it - convenient for clipping it to something.

Jaz
Dec 24, 2005

Part of the internet...

Weaponized Cum posted:

So neither did I or anyone from my crew got tix. This should be interesting. If I hear that "the playa provides" one more time though...

Yeah the re-assurances that everyone will eventually get a ticket can get nauseating. I mean it is true, everyone who is yearning for a ticket will probably get one, but when you are booking a $1500 international flight in April you kind of NEED to know earlier than late July if you have a ticket.

Jaz
Dec 24, 2005

Part of the internet...

mitztronic posted:

So excited. Hoping I can find a camp to play a DJ set or production at. Not going to hold my breath though... I just don't know anything about the different camps and where my sound would fit at. I have some friends who know lots of people that play at sound camps, but I'm not interested in playing electro or dnb / whatever on the playa.

My camp is planning to have a small DJ setup. You are welcome to come and play on it. We will be mostly chilling out in our dome, no big nightclub vibe/stage or anything.

Ask me closer the burn to confirm our sound system will exist :)

Jaz
Dec 24, 2005

Part of the internet...

My travel partner in 2012 atop Pier 2.0. That thing was freakishly detailed. Were it not for the masthead flamethrowers at night you would swear there used to be water in BRC.

Jaz
Dec 24, 2005

Part of the internet...

BathroomTile posted:

Those of you not using SLR cameras, do you guys bring out disposable cameras for the Burn? Typically, I use my phone as my camera for everyday pictures, but after hearing about how playa dust gets everywhere and such, I'm not sure if that would be a good idea out there. (For the record, I don't plan on taking a picture of everything - I plan on being in the moment and having fun, but for those moments I'd like to capture, I'd like to have something practical.)

I took waterproof disposable cameras one year. Also a GoPro both years. GoPro can take a beating, and its easy to use while drunk. And can take video. The shot I posted above was from a GP Hero 2. The disposables were cute, but poor performance in dusk and not usable at night. And now film developing is getting harder to find.

Jaz
Dec 24, 2005

Part of the internet...
Chouffe and maybe Mitztronic, email me (sorry, don't have pm) so I can contact you closer to the burn about DJing :) We are planning our theme camp nights and thurs or friday will probably be our designated DJ night.

jaz at goatse dot cx (no joke)

Jaz
Dec 24, 2005

Part of the internet...
My friend went with eczema. Come to the desert armed with the relevant creams/lotions and you will be fine.

Jaz
Dec 24, 2005

Part of the internet...
Oh and just throwing this out there. Our camp is currently looking for 4 tickets.

My prediction is STEP will open without announcement, to try and avoid it being swamped in the first 5 minutes.

Jaz
Dec 24, 2005

Part of the internet...

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

So as far as an actual camp site goes, do they assign them at the gate or do you just cruise until you find one?

Technically any vacant camp site space is usable after the main gate opening. However it is polite to check with the neighbors first if anyone was intending to use that space. Theme camps with registered positions are supposed to arrive (by special permission) before the main gate opening to occupy their assigned space, but often they will not be there fully set up. The purple zones on the 2014 map are the areas pre-assigned to theme camps you can assume will be filled before you get there.

Jaz
Dec 24, 2005

Part of the internet...
Placement happy dance! My camp got placed just down the street from some friends of mine. Unnngghh! Excited!

And also w00t White Ocean (ok it has corporate roots but hey I don't mind sleeping near where Sander Van Doorn is playing.) Note that Opulent Temple is back on their corner spot this year so that's a double win for the 10:00 side.

Jaz
Dec 24, 2005

Part of the internet...
So.

SA playa meetup?

Last year was small, but we had champagne! Any camps want to host?

Jaz
Dec 24, 2005

Part of the internet...
Quoting for quoteness.

Alfajor posted:

Let's say... :siren: GOON MEET: Friday at 4pm, 3:15 and A :siren:

Come to HomeBrauHaus, drink beer, sit at our motherfucking benches that we've been building, and say hi!

Can't wait!

Jaz
Dec 24, 2005

Part of the internet...
For those who are missing out I'm going to do the nasty thing and RECORD VIDEO at the event, possibly with RANDOM PEOPLE in frame (will fine tune my consent plan soon).

I will be wearing a set of binaural** microphones to capture a few moments of the environment for people in 3D SOUND.

**(Try this with headphones for an exaggerated version of the effect https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUDTlvagjJA)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaz
Dec 24, 2005

Part of the internet...

Alfajor posted:

GOON BREWSKI!

The Goonmeet totally DOUBLED the size of last year. And an excellent venue too. Thanks Alfajor.

• Locked thread