Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Turtle Blogger
Mar 16, 2006

My Angel

Going to burning man is one of the best things I have ever done. If I didnt go to the burn I would almost definitely be living in a less amazing place than I am living now, with friends that dont fit as well as mine now do. I was filled with feelings of wonder and possibility during/after my first burn.

I remember seeing firespinners and being amazed by their skills and physiques. Now, a few years later, I will be in a fire conclave for the first time. I have a huge interest in hooping and hand balancing that I wouldnt have discovered without the burn.

Burning Man is just the best thing. Check it out y'all. It seems almost impossible to me for a person to regret going. So, go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turtle Blogger
Mar 16, 2006

My Angel

I will be in a fire conclave for the first time this year. I will be doing hoop. I'm really excited to perform in the ceremony. It blew my mind at my first burn and it'll be my pleasure to be a part of it and also get front row seats to the man burn.

Turtle Blogger
Mar 16, 2006

My Angel

Throwdown posted:

Yay! It's official. Just got this message today.

super excited...

Thanks for posting that info. I didnt know there were documents for conclave.

Turtle Blogger
Mar 16, 2006

My Angel

In my experience, there is room for grey water in gallon sized water jugs after you drink the water first.

Turtle Blogger
Mar 16, 2006

My Angel

HappyHelmet posted:

One trick I often used was to make sure your beer/alcohol cooler has a spigot at the bottom. About once a day there should be enough melted ice in there that you can plop it on top of your car, lay out an evap pool, and pop the spigot for a quick (very brisk) shower.

Last year i started soaking my bandana with that water and found that having a cold, wet bandana around ny neck stopped me from sweating or feeling hot immediately. Try it out!

Turtle Blogger
Mar 16, 2006

My Angel

Throwdown posted:

About to move from Florida to Portland Oregon, I hear there is a huge burn community out there and was wondering if anyone here is involved there.

Im a portland burner, there are a ton of burners here. There is a weekly meetup at a bar in SE called Roadside Attraction every tuesday. Theres also a portland burners facebook group. If youre a flow artist or acrobat or circus person or even just like dodgeball or chilling in the park, come to Monday Funday at cln summers park(on nice weather days). Hope this helps. If you ever see a buff dude rocking 2-4 hula hoops in public, come say hi, thats me.

Turtle Blogger
Mar 16, 2006

My Angel

Do any of y'all have experience with playa love? I fell in love with a lady this year who lives far from me and I was curious to hear others' experiences with that happening. Specifically, what you did about it once off playa? I'm planning on visiting her in about a month to see what she is like somewhere other than the most magical place on earth.

Turtle Blogger
Mar 16, 2006

My Angel

Whenever I hear people complain about the ticket prices, I think they are absurd. It is arguably the best event on the planet and it's only 380 dollars for an entire week. If you assume that you're there for exactly a week, that's about 2.25 per hour. Compare that to the cost of seeing just about any notable musical group or any large-scale music festival and its really cheap for what you get. Again, I think it's likely the best event on the planet so I am biased, but come on. I've switched to just going to burns, regional burns, and flow festivals instead of music festivals because of how much value you get for the price. Yeah, you have to put more work in, but that's better than being a passive consumer.

Turtle Blogger
Mar 16, 2006

My Angel

The Portland Decompression is October 18th. Any portland burners should get y'alls tickets.

Turtle Blogger
Mar 16, 2006

My Angel

Me too, for the second time. Which one are you in? I'm in garnish

Turtle Blogger
Mar 16, 2006

My Angel

Are any of y'all going to Soak? Its the Portland regional burn. I'm going for my 4th year, arriving EA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turtle Blogger
Mar 16, 2006

My Angel

Is there a goon meetup this year?

• Locked thread