Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Was being able to go down that staircase in the final garden area the result of finishing that missing person quest where you talk to all the characters around the world who give you a hint where to go next? When I first got the swap, that staircase was the first thing I tried to use, and it didn't work at all, so I just assumed it was a graphical tile with no other data attached to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chocolatekake
Jul 31, 2013

Cake? Chocolate.
Yep. You need to beat the game to be able to use the swap there, but the NPC side quest is what actually makes the staircase functional.

chocolatekake
Jul 31, 2013

Cake? Chocolate.

That's the end! I hope you enjoyed, and thanks for watching!

chocolatekake
Jul 31, 2013

Cake? Chocolate.
Cheat Codes

Press Down 21 times at the bottom of the menu.
Code attempts take 2 health, but you won't die with 0 health as long as you stay in the menu. You don't always lose health when inputting a code, but usually you will.
C is displayed as 1 in the menu and X is displayed as 2.
Since hitting X takes you back to the menu rather than staying in the cheat input, you have to press C or Right once to input the next button. So the full input for All Items is actually UUDDLRLRXCC. Likewise, for the noclip code, you must hit Right or C one more time at the end to actually activate the code (LRLRCXCCXCCXC).

UUDDLRLRXC = All Items Cheat and Health Refill (includes all ??? items as well as keys, broom upgrades, the box and jumping shoes)

LRLRCXCXCX = noclip (toggles)

URDLURDLUR = Super Glitched Visuals

These are all the cheats I know, but there may be more!

chocolatekake fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Jun 22, 2014

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!
Aww, I'm a bit sad that there isn't a 50th card. What a tease.

Good job with the LP man. The mix of creative tricks and the presentation/effort put into the game really made this something else.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Highwang posted:

Aww, I'm a bit sad that there isn't a 50th card. What a tease.

It was probably an intentional tease, as opposed to a "we didn't develop it" - note the computer monitor more or less urging you to "wake up", which, if you remember the two screens of Young's "house", involves stepping away from the game.

You can search for the 50th card all you want, but even if you somehow found it, it wouldn't make things better. That sort of thing.

chocolatekake
Jul 31, 2013

Cake? Chocolate.
In celebration of the LP being done (and Summer being here) Anodyne is only $5 on Steam until the end of the month! So pick it up if you've enjoyed this enough to play yourself or otherwise just haven't gotten around to buying it yet.

KataraniSword posted:

It was probably an intentional tease, as opposed to a "we didn't develop it" - note the computer monitor more or less urging you to "wake up", which, if you remember the two screens of Young's "house", involves stepping away from the game.

You can search for the 50th card all you want, but even if you somehow found it, it wouldn't make things better. That sort of thing.

Sure didn't stop people from trying to turn the game inside out to find it. If I remember, lots of people seemed to think the glitched 49th card was also the 50th card or something like that. As far as I know, nobody really knew about the cheat menu though, so maybe they never figured it out?

chocolatekake fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Jun 26, 2014

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

All I know is that the speedrunners that did Anodyne at SGDQ had absolutely no clue about what the Debug Room was really about, despite having a donation incentive that was to show it off.

DrKirre
Jun 11, 2014

Am I a mouse dreaming I'm a cat, or a scratching post dreaming I'm a bowl of wet food? Never assume what you see and feel is real!
Mmm... wet food...
A most lovely LP, performed in an excellent style. The use of subtitles instead of direct speech works beautifully with this game; it helps maintain the atmosphere. Anodyne is one of those games that's all about said atmosphere - I feel the area in Video 4 is one of the most eerie areas I have yet encountered in games. The coloration, the creatures.... the whole area sets my teeth on edge, yet draws me in at the same time. It's easily my favorite area in the game for this reason. Thank you for showing the game off in your style, OP, you truly have done it justice.

EDIT: Realized what I had put in was likely a spoiler. Terribly sorry about that; this should be better. I need to think first, post second.

DrKirre fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Jun 26, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Yeah, thanks for showing everything off. I'm surprised by how much actual stuff there is left to do after the end boss.

• Locked thread