Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
X-BUM-RAIDER-X
May 7, 2008

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

What is it with Pokemon and why does it turn people crazy?

anime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

What is it with Pokemon and why does it turn people crazy?

It's a simple kid game that actually has a lot of weird numbers and depth under the hood and is really more spergy than a lot of jrpgs and similar.

Also:

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax
I don't think it's Pokemon as much as any grown adult who latches on a kid's game or tv show and gets really really serious about it.

bitchtard
Dec 3, 2010

:spergin:

I am OK
Mar 9, 2009

LAWL
That dudes recent post history is one of the funniest things this forum has produced.

woozle wuzzle
Mar 10, 2012
PROBATION 02/17/14 10:01pm Anime Sandwich You think you're smart to call someone a "homo" in their own thread. 1 day probate. User loses posting privileges for 1 day. pagancow angerbeet

This is my favorite probation.

1 DAY PROBATE!

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

You think you're smart woozle wuzzle.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

never free raspy thank you and goodnight

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

free night crew

I am OK
Mar 9, 2009

LAWL
Mt favourite bans are the funny posters who post in the funniest thread in the forum because apparently the minute somebody is given new buttons on a forum control panel they turn into massive weirdo babies.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

I am OK posted:

Mt favourite bans are the funny posters who post in the funniest thread in the forum because apparently the minute somebody is given new buttons on a forum control panel they turn into massive weirdo babies.

This is true.

Hustle Hound
Oct 21, 2012

all is known

Sir Jebus posted:

Edit this into the op as well to stop the 500 pages of posts about it please

I agree with this person.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Ootrek posted:

I agree with this person.

Hey, that wasn't a week... Hmm...

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Breadallelogram posted:

ralp we have a prison break

Hustle Hound
Oct 21, 2012

all is known

Breadallelogram posted:

Thanks all.

Ammat The Ankh posted:

What I'm not sure people realize is that the GOP watch 2014 thread is essentially a mock thread. You could attempt to start a legitimate dialogue on Feminism in one of the Tumblr threads, but you really shouldn't expect it to go anywhere. I'm all for people putting forth their opinions, but there are a number of D&D threads that are more about pointing and laughing than actual discourse.

Yeah I know, those threads really aren't about "debating" or "discussing," but neither are many of the current events threads. The subforum is more about politics in general. :shrug:

I still don't think bringing the idea to the table that not every Republican is a spite filled supervillain straight from my favorite comic book warrants a 3 day probation, even in a thread like that one. It's not like GOP members are diaperfur otherkins or whatever, there has to be some sort of leeway in this stuff if any understanding of the other side will ever happen. But I doubt the probation is gonna get overturned at this point anyway.

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fool_of_sound posted:

ralp we have a prison break

He was nice about it :)

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Ootrek posted:

I still don't think bringing the idea to the table that not every Republican is a spite filled supervillain straight from my favorite comic book warrants a 3 day probation, even in a thread like that one. It's not like GOP members are diaperfur otherkins or whatever, there has to be some sort of leeway in this stuff if any understanding of the other side will ever happen. But I doubt the probation is gonna get overturned at this point anyway.

There was a solid conservative poster for a while who was bringing up lots of thorough and insightful posts on the current thoughts and reactions of the general right-leaning population to current events, and because he was pretty civil about it he got a lot of respect from the rest of the thread. Then after a while someone asked why he was sticking conservative despite all his current misgivings and after a little reluctance he posted a thorough, level-headed essay on why he believed it was a societal imperative to kill colored people and get away with it, at which point people sort of cooled on him.

There is no such thing as a good conservative when it comes to the Internet. Either they're a minority and keep threads in smug, endless loops where they're used as punching bags until they drop even the pretense of actual conversation, or they're the majority and now you're on Freep or a news comments section.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
do you have any links to that because somehow i am skeptical of your summary and if its true it sounds funny anyway

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Jeffrey posted:

do you have any links to that because somehow i am skeptical of your summary and if its true it sounds funny anyway

I'll see if I can find it, the guy (Chris Christie, no not the horrible governor) hasn't posted in a while and trying to back-search the main GOP thread is a slog.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Oxxidation posted:

There is no such thing as a good conservative when it comes to the Internet. Either they're a minority and keep threads in smug, endless loops where they're used as punching bags until they drop even the pretense of actual conversation, or they're the majority and now you're on Freep or a news comments section.

Yes...yes! You sound like a level headed d&d poster; the cream of the crop when it comes to internet intelligentsia. If only everyone followed your example, every would get at least a B+ in their intro sociology class.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

oh i read his posts until I stopped keeping up with that thread, I didn't see that one, thought you meant further back actually

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

I remember that exchange from the brief time I lurked the thread during and around the debt ceiling crisis. While I don't agree with the guy's position I think it's a little simple to turn into a 'shoot all the blacks' thing. It was more that it came out the guy identified GOP solely because of gun rights and what he felt was his moral right to shoot dead anyone that tried to steal from him.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

There was a solid conservative poster for a while who was bringing up lots of thorough and insightful posts on the current thoughts and reactions of the general right-leaning population to current events, and because he was pretty civil about it he got a lot of respect from the rest of the thread. Then after a while someone asked why he was sticking conservative despite all his current misgivings and after a little reluctance he posted a thorough, level-headed essay on why he believed it was a societal imperative to kill colored people and get away with it, at which point people sort of cooled on him.

This is a very bad summary of what he said and a good example of why people believe D&D persecutes wrongthink. Basically, he claimed that lethal force in the defense of property is justified, and made good faith (though arguably wrong-headed) arguments to that effect. Because he had the poor sense to post this in the 'make fun of Republicans' thread, the usual suspects said that he just wants to shoot black people, and harassed him till he more-or-less left the subforum. It's really just another on a long list of examples that certain D&D posters can't comprehend that someone might hold views that they disagree with without literally being a cartoon villain.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

hmm do you see why I was skeptical of that summary?

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

fool_of_sound posted:

This is a very bad summary of what he said and a good example of why people believe D&D persecutes wrongthink. Basically, he claimed that lethal force in the defense of property is justified, and made good faith (though arguably wrong-headed) arguments to that effect. Because he had the poor sense to post this in the 'make fun of Republicans' thread, the usual suspects said that he just wants to shoot black people, and harassed him till he more-or-less left the subforum. It's really just another on a long list of examples that certain D&D posters can't comprehend that someone might hold views that they disagree with without literally being a cartoon villain.

Wanting to be allowed to kill people who take your stuff is p villainous imo

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Exclamation Marx posted:

That's cool, but it's nothing like saying 'I want to be able to shoot blacks for no reason with no consequences'.

bitchtard
Dec 3, 2010

Exclamation Marx posted:

Let's debate and discuss it.

Rubbergoose
Jul 13, 2006

lol

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3609837&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=2#post425908031

there's gotta be more to this story, right?

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

fool_of_sound posted:

Except he still comes back and posts on occasion. For example, when the D&D posters were making fun of the Republicans for having 4+ responses to the State of the Union address.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3599211&userid=194477

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bitchtard posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/account.php?action=logout&ma=b0f858cd
Let's debate and discuss it.

Okay, I'm game for a little D&D.

You are a pedantic fool who puts forth the most illconceived semantically disingenuous arguments to pseudo-opinionated faux strawmen whiping boys rife with antagonistic, if not racist and/or classiest pro-establishment logic fallacies and references to the most hypothetical albeit hot of Plato's tender holed fuckable boy-toys in bad faith with uncited, unverified Wikipedia references to the execution of Socrates (by hemlock, a poison and therefore classically a feminine weapon) as allegory for greco-roman slave orgies and Patrician gang-bangs and the bountiful harvest time fig parties representing the dangers and evils of rampant capitalism in Atlantis which obviously, as any moron can see, has direct correlations to my being right and you being wrong you rear end-licking sodomy loving toad man.

In short you are stupid, slow, imbecilic, ugly, wreak of sour, crusted butt smell and are a big dumb face which only serves (much to my chagrin) to remind me how thouroughly and justifiably I hate your face including but not limited to the sight of it, the animal-like sounds emitted from your mouth hole, your eyes, nose, ears, chin, lips and all your flat and featureless bonestructure which all combines into the look of a Zartan GI Joe brand action figure left in the hot sun all summer long.

PEACE.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
Stop whining you spoiled americans

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The rest of the story, in my understanding, is he is one of the absolute worst posters in GBS, which is no small feat. I'm sorry that Lepers Colony entries can only link to a single post.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Abe thinks he's the best poster, which is, to be frank, fairly damning evidence.

bitchtard
Dec 3, 2010

Rando posted:

You are a pedantic fool who puts forth the most illconceived semantically disingenuous arguments to pseudo-opinionated faux strawmen whiping boys rife with antagonistic, if not racist and/or classiest pro-establishment logic fallacies and references to the most hypothetical albeit hot of Plato's tender holed fuckable boy-toys in bad faith with uncited, unverified Wikipedia references to the execution of Socrates (by hemlock, a poison and therefore classically a feminine weapon) as allegory for greco-roman slave orgies and Patrician gang-bangs and the bountiful harvest time fig parties representing the dangers and evils of rampant capitalism in Atlantis which obviously, as any moron can see, has direct correlations to my being right and you being wrong you rear end-licking sodomy loving toad man.

In short you are stupid, slow, imbecilic, ugly, wreak of sour, crusted butt smell and are a big dumb face which only serves (much to my chagrin) to remind me how thouroughly and justifiably I hate your face including but not limited to the sight of it, the animal-like sounds emitted from your mouth hole, your eyes, nose, ears, chin, lips and all your flat and featureless bonestructure which all combines into the look of a Zartan GI Joe brand action figure left in the hot sun all summer long.

PEACE.

wrong im not a toad man

Livingtrope posted:

Abe thinks he's the best poster, which is, to be frank, fairly damning evidence.

Lol no way

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Livingtrope posted:

Abe in FYAD a week or so ago said that Putty is "the best poster to come out of GBS2.1". Speaks volumes of both parties. I guess both think any thread can be instantly rocketed to perfection with "lol, SKELETONS!"

As for you Bitchtard...

quote:

PEACE.

...I was just making fun of D&D you sodomy loving toad man (blame the messenger, not me)

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rando posted:

Abe in FYAD a week or so ago said that Putty is "the best poster to come out of GBS2.1"

He changed his mind.

Rubbergoose
Jul 13, 2006

Ralp posted:

He changed his mind.

What a wishy-washy namby-pamby.

Surprisingly Dope
Jan 12, 2011

Lope burgs again

Ralp posted:

He changed his mind.

sounds like a real bitch.

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

Robit the paranoid blogger.

Rando posted:

Abe in FYAD a week or so ago said that Putty is "the best poster to come out of GBS2.1".
That's like being the best-looking guy in a severe burns ward

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Chris Christie posts in the football place but he is pretty terrible even without knowing or caring about his political views

• Locked thread