Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Ammat The Ankh posted:

What I'm not sure people realize is that the GOP watch 2014 thread is essentially a mock thread. You could attempt to start a legitimate dialogue on Feminism in one of the Tumblr threads, but you really shouldn't expect it to go anywhere. I'm all for people putting forth their opinions, but there are a number of D&D threads that are more about pointing and laughing than actual discourse.

Yeah I know, those threads really aren't about "debating" or "discussing," but neither are many of the current events threads. The subforum is more about politics in general. :shrug:

What Null Byte was doing should still be acceptable though: reminding people that people who have differing opinions do not necessarily do so because they are cartoon villains.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Breadallelogram posted:

Hey, that wasn't a week... Hmm...

ralp we have a prison break

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

There was a solid conservative poster for a while who was bringing up lots of thorough and insightful posts on the current thoughts and reactions of the general right-leaning population to current events, and because he was pretty civil about it he got a lot of respect from the rest of the thread. Then after a while someone asked why he was sticking conservative despite all his current misgivings and after a little reluctance he posted a thorough, level-headed essay on why he believed it was a societal imperative to kill colored people and get away with it, at which point people sort of cooled on him.

This is a very bad summary of what he said and a good example of why people believe D&D persecutes wrongthink. Basically, he claimed that lethal force in the defense of property is justified, and made good faith (though arguably wrong-headed) arguments to that effect. Because he had the poor sense to post this in the 'make fun of Republicans' thread, the usual suspects said that he just wants to shoot black people, and harassed him till he more-or-less left the subforum. It's really just another on a long list of examples that certain D&D posters can't comprehend that someone might hold views that they disagree with without literally being a cartoon villain.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Exclamation Marx posted:

Wanting to be allowed to kill people who take your stuff is p villainous imo

That's cool, but it's nothing like saying 'I want to be able to shoot blacks for no reason with no consequences'.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
An Angry Family Man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovHhc8sFiK8

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

het posted:

You would think the fact that the 6 hour probations keep ending early would be a hint...

Quite, het, this is really funny.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

An Angry Bug posted:

Proof that what, het's an rear end in a top hat with a grudge?

To be fair, I hate you too.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
An Angry Bug: probate het, you have the power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Your mod choice was excellent Ralp. Make him an FYAD Friend next.

• Locked thread