Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

So is Shomari terrible now or what.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Hand Knit posted:

Wait, so the team name is actually 'REDBLACKS' and that's not just an internet meme?

I know right. It's like the development team stopped working on the design halfway through because the REDBLACKS cheques started bouncing or something and the Ottawa REDBLACKS just said "gently caress it" and rolled with what they had. Even the logo is total "working title" in the vibes it gives off. Oh well. Have faith, I guess - the Blue Jackets and Wild are good examples of expansion teams that cleaned up their acts given a little time.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Truth that Rouge et Noire sounds and looks way more acceptable - it comes across as very (Euro) footbally, and I mean that in a good way. ALLCAPS REDBLACKS is a little too 47th chromosome for me.

AND LOOKIT THAT LOGO. It is not even approaching exaggeration that I could come up with something better than that on the spot. Right now. I mean look at it.

Anyway, speaking of French marketing - I am very interested to see how Montreal does now that maybe the CFL's greatest QB ever isn't there anymore. Pretty easy to get 20,000+ to a game when the Roughriders are losing you're winning cup after cup and have been contenders since the team returned the mid-90s. If the downturn has begun for the Als I wonder/worry if they will be relegated to also ran within the next few years.

Montreal definitely is a
Hockey

Everything else
sort of town, hopefully the support is deeply enough entrenched there.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

sweet thursday posted:

Saskatchewan and their fans offended the gods with their hubris and have been struck down

The price is blood.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Just to be clear I remember 14,000 fans showing up for Reggie Slack's prescriptions. Or some hot hot Tom Burgess. Riders are the ultimate bandwagon team these days. I can't wait for the new stadium to be built just in time for the team to suck. It is destiny.

Fair point re: Montreal. I suppose I knew that, what with UFC - but even then, would there be nearly the support if GSP hadn't owned the belt like the Church did Quebec before the Révolution tranquil?

e. I guess I'm making GBS threads on Montreal here. I like the city and, uh, the habs. I just really don't like the Als. Guess why.

Stickarts fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Mar 12, 2014

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Are you asking me to be rational? Because I just don't think that's possible.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

What's the deal with Tillman? Everything he touched in 07 turned to gold except for the baby sitter and since then he's been erratic crazy man. The stars aligned that year for sure.

e. z

Stickarts fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Mar 13, 2014

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

fits posted:

Durant just resigned in Sask for multiple years :nsa:

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

I still can't believe Henry just looked back at his center when that happened. Botched snap in the championship? Better give your lineman a wtf look instead of charging after the ball like the life of your team depended on it.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Not only is it he blames them, but he is willing to do it in play, clock running, angry men bearing down.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

It would be peak CFL for them to finally become stable and prosperous only to self-detonate like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

At least you'll be saving money on your water bill! Oh wait.

• Locked thread