Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

ullerrm posted:

I repeat my previous assertion that sauce vin blanc is the best of the French classic sauces.

Genolutions make it possible to build a six-link off grid Tengu booster. Lie down. Try not to cry. Cry a lot.

I like your choice of sauces and would subscribe to your newsletter. 6 links? Really? I assume that's not possible with another t3 like a proteus or a command ship? I know nothing about boosts but am training an alt - so, you know, I have months before I have to learn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

squirrelzipper posted:

I like your choice of sauces and would subscribe to your newsletter. 6 links? Really? I assume that's not possible with another t3 like a proteus or a command ship? I know nothing about boosts but am training an alt - so, you know, I have months before I have to learn.

Ha, I was thinking (and am doing) the same thing. I'm not even on my charisma remap yet... My inner greed drove me to make him a passable Gila pilot first, justified by the fact that I need Caldari cruiser 5 anyway for the Tengu. Not to mention having something to do during that leadership train.

Jon Von Anchovi
Sep 5, 2014

:australia:

Dr. Pangloss posted:

Ha, I was thinking (and am doing) the same thing. I'm not even on my charisma remap yet... My inner greed drove me to make him a passable Gila pilot first, justified by the fact that I need Caldari cruiser 5 anyway for the Tengu. Not to mention having something to do during that leadership train.

Shame on me; my tengu leadership pilot can fly a retriever to fill the time...

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

ullerrm posted:

It's particularly interesting from the perspective of CCP meddling in it -- i.e. how the Grayscale anomaly nerfs set the stage for rental alliances.

I repeat my previous assertion that sauce vin blanc is the best of the French classic sauces.

Genolutions make it possible to build a six-link off grid Tengu booster. Lie down. Try not to cry. Cry a lot.

I was going to hold onto my implants, then possibly sell them when the price went up.

Not any more.

Assuming this is still a functional OG boosting fit that gets a CovOps cloak at the very least.

Magic Rabbit Hat fucked around with this message at 05:39 on May 7, 2015

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

Assuming this is still a functional OG boosting fit that gets a CovOps cloak at the very least.

It is interdiction nullified and has a covert cloak. It's trivially found by probes, though, since it's missing an ECCM; it doesn't have a MWD so it can get caught on bubbles if they've got a decloaking inty. (You can't have everything.)

It's mostly just amusing. You're better off using the EG standard link fits.

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

ullerrm posted:

It is interdiction nullified and has a covert cloak. It's trivially found by probes, though, since it's missing an ECCM; it doesn't have a MWD so it can get caught on bubbles if they've got a decloaking inty. (You can't have everything.)

It's mostly just amusing. You're better off using the EG five-link fit.

Worth using in lowsec then. Just hope nobody shows up in a Tornado. That said, if you're using it in Lowsec and willing to use Caldari Navy Co-Processors you can make it fit without needing implants at all.

code:
[Tengu, 6-Link Booster]

Caldari Navy Co-Processor
Co-Processor II

Command Processor I
Command Processor I
Command Processor I
Command Processor I
Command Processor I

Siege Warfare Link - Shield Harmonizing II
Skirmish Warfare Link - Rapid Deployment II
Skirmish Warfare Link - Interdiction Maneuvers II
Skirmish Warfare Link - Evasive Maneuvers II
Siege Warfare Link - Active Shielding II
Siege Warfare Link - Shield Efficiency II
Covert Ops Cloaking Device II

Medium Processor Overclocking Unit I
Medium Ancillary Current Router I

Tengu Propulsion - Intercalated Nanofibers
Tengu Offensive - Covert Reconfiguration
Tengu Defensive - Warfare Processor
Tengu Electronics - Dissolution Sequencer
Tengu Engineering - Power Core Multiplier
Trivially easy to catch, though, CovOps cloak or no.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

squirrelzipper posted:

6 links? Really? I assume that's not possible with another t3 like a proteus or a command ship? I know nothing about boosts but am training an alt - so, you know, I have months before I have to learn.
A proteus could do 6 links, though I don't know what :ullerrm:'s tengu fit is so I can't tell if it's better or worse. The proteus can't do it with an interdiction nullifier for sure. Other strat cruisers can't because they don't have enough midslots for the command processors (legion) or they don't have enough CPU (loki).
^^^edit: ok that's the tengu fit, the proteus would be worse but the 6 link tengu isn't really useful either.

Command ships can do 5 or 6 links easy because they start with 3 links base. But command ships are easy to probe down so they suck for off-grid boosting. The idea of the off-grid T3 booster is to make it hard to probe down with ECCM modules and just hide. A command ship can't hide so it needs a tank as well.

edit edit: I still like the idea I had a while back of making a new lowslot command processor module and then locking both down to 1 each per ship. I feel that fleet links have gotten so out of control that people are complaining about off-grid boosts all the time because you can cram so many on one alt. This would nerf T3s hard plus bring shield & armor command ships to parity.

Klyith fucked around with this message at 06:42 on May 7, 2015

madjack
Dec 31, 2013
you can do 6link without genos though, only a 4% cpu implant + faction mindlink (the one posted earlier was not cap stable):

code:
[Tengu, 6link]

Command Processor I
Command Processor I
Command Processor I
Command Processor I
Command Processor I

Medium Capacitor Control Circuit II
Medium Ancillary Current Router I

Tengu Electronics - CPU Efficiency Gate
Tengu Propulsion - Interdiction Nullifier
still crap compared to the 3 and 4 link versions though, if you want a 6link pos orbiter you might as well use a command ship

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Unfunny Poster posted:

They already had a TMC forum, it got shut down after a while since it was pretty dead.

It had :page1snypa: though, therefore it was the superior forum :colbert:

DisgracelandUSA posted:

These got nuked a couple weeks ago. He appealed to get them restored, but I don't think that's gonna happen. If you're in MiniLuv, there's a renaming contest going on. I think the current front runner (imo) is Istabs Wont SaveYou, Bulkheads Wont SaveYou, Antiganks Wont SaveYou. I also like Killbot1, Killbot2 and Killbot4.

Why? ~impersonation~ rules?

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Whoever it was talking about interdicting high-sec incursions, I wanna get into that. I have a scanning alt and a combat character and I'm totally down to loving with pubbies by murdering their booster.

Sixx Spades
Aug 16, 2013

Since I generally don't have to worry about getting found by implant boosted probers in Deklein, I sometimes use this to boost shield stuff while afk in JU-.

code:
[Claymore, JU- AFK Booster]
Dread Guristas Co-Processor
Ladar Backup Array II
Ladar Backup Array II
Co-Processor II

Conjunctive Ladar ECCM Scanning Array I
Command Processor I
Command Processor I
Command Processor I

Prototype Cloaking Device I

Medium Processor Overclocking Unit II
Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

This happened lol.

https://zkillboard.com/kill/46468362/

objectively bad
Nov 11, 2006

ABANDONS HIS FRIENDS
code:
[Tengu, links]

Command Processor I
Command Processor I
Command Processor I
Command Processor I
Command Processor I

Medium Low Friction Nozzle Joints II
Medium Low Friction Nozzle Joints II

Tengu Electronics - CPU Efficiency Gate
Tengu Propulsion - Interdiction Nullifier
Is what I might start using when I'm roaming. It need genolutions + eg601. EM-703 makes it align in under 4 seconds, em-803 gives you 23 minutes of cap.

for armor, I might use this:

code:
[Proteus, 6 link]
Shadow Serpentis Co-Processor
Inertial Stabilizers II
Inertial Stabilizers II

Command Processor I
Command Processor I
Command Processor I
Command Processor I

Armored Warfare Link - Damage Control II
Armored Warfare Link - Passive Defense II
Armored Warfare Link - Rapid Repair II

Medium Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer II
Medium Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer II

Proteus Defensive - Warfare Processor
Proteus Electronics - CPU Efficiency Gate
Proteus Engineering - Supplemental Coolant Injector
Proteus Offensive - Covert Reconfiguration
Proteus Propulsion - Interdiction Nullifier
The hyperspatial rigs drawbacks being changed from -cpu means this is also possible without implants . Aligns in 4 seconds with em-703, warps at 4.6au/s.

I'm not too worried about being unprobeable. I think in most situations I get myself into the booster is going to be more important at the start of the fight when I'm clearing tackle and getting comfortable with what's on grid.

Numismancer
Sep 15, 2004

by sebmojo
Re: a few pages back

http://pastebin.com/UV0hiqWi

Arcturus Zesperion > All this toxic
Arcturus Zesperion > Am I in TEST again?

QED~

Jon Von Anchovi
Sep 5, 2014

:australia:

Hmm whats worse? The 5th and 6th DDA or the choice of rigs?

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

:gary: :I'd like to borrow $200M
:whatfor:
:gary: :To make vidya game
Is BL really moving to fountain or is it just a random sov gain?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

RattiRatto posted:

Is BL really moving to fountain or is it just a random sov gain?

elo is gone so all the test corps are taking fountain sov

Jemere
Jul 21, 2014
They're contesting Brave timers and sov transfers for fun, working with fountain core. I don't think they plan on moving into any station they take.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

So since we were talking a bit of gently caress Goons history, what was the story with Zarks? He was FC of my heart circa 2012 but then it seemed like he was given a titan and Illum access, and sort of immediately noped and joined PL? But he didn't stay long, and seems to have then joined NC.?

shas
Jul 27, 2011

Sub Rosa posted:

So since we were talking a bit of gently caress Goons history, what was the story with Zarks? He was FC of my heart circa 2012 but then it seemed like he was given a titan and Illum access, and sort of immediately noped and joined PL? But he didn't stay long, and seems to have then joined NC.?

Not sure - but it looks like he was being deployed going by this thread https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2524120 Thread dates to about two days before he joined Black-Listed, a corp that at the time looks to have had somewhere north of a hundred pilots and was in Insidious Empire.

Guessing he gave the character to someone to look after, maybe, but don't know anything prior to that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

New thread - http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3718615

• Locked thread