Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

Libluini posted:

Time to spend my illgained SKIN-goods on some implants, I guess. (The other plan didn't work out thanks to the market crashing, after all. :v:)

I keep kicking myself for not jumping on these speculative ventures.

Then I realize my total liquid isk is 300m and that's not "throwin' around money."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Numismancer
Sep 15, 2004

by sebmojo

Demiurge4 posted:

Nothing says responsible use of power like a month long Burn Jita event. :getin:

I'd love to, but the reality is that our guys get pretty bored of Burns around the 72 hour mark, gotta hit it hard and then let people recover.

NyxBiker
Sep 24, 2014

Libluini posted:

Time to spend my illgained SKIN-goods on some implants, I guess. (The other plan didn't work out thanks to the market crashing, after all. :v:)

Are they worth it using them and occupying their slots in PvP/PvE?

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi
Vyst will you sponsor me into goons now?

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Numismancer posted:

I'd love to, but the reality is that our guys get pretty bored of Burns around the 72 hour mark, gotta hit it hard and then let people recover.

So get the Emperor to give a speech to rally the troops. Write him a piece where he compares high-sec dwellers to furries and how the decrepit Quafe addicts have now slipped into null-sec through Providence. Only the Imperium can stand against the pubbie plague and safeguard our way of life.

Honestly though I'm pretty excited for Providence. I haven't shot at CVA since I was in UK.

HappyKitty
Jul 11, 2005

mpaarating posted:

So Mittani took some time to explain to my ~slowbrain~ why I was headshot. All of my edgy shitposting and true goon comedy was totally indicative of someone ready to go fuckgoons. From that perspective, I can totally see it and frankly do not blame them at all for doing it. In my little posting world, I had just been seeing stuff as isolated posts where as the directorate was seeing the story of JOKINE: REVENGE OF ORDO GARR.

TLDR; I ~truegooned~ to the point of every one getting jumpy. I also was inadvertently encouraging people to be as dumb and potentially more dumb than me.

Jokine gazed up at the enormous face. Forty hours it had taken him to learn what kind of smile was hidden beneath the ginger soul patch. O cruel, needless misunderstanding! O stubborn, self-willed exile from the loving breast! Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved The Mittani.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

NyxBiker posted:

Right now they've transformed mostly into a shitload of ISK I plan to multiply by buying Genolution-implants and slowly selling them as soon as their price hits something like 2-3 billion ISK. (Because after a certain point, CCP will just throw out more of them, so they're somewhat volatile if held on to for too long.)

The SKINs itself, at least the permanent ones, are worth their money because even if they're expensive, they can not be lost like ever.

I made sure to use SKINs I liked instead of selling them, so now my FW-alt can explode in blue Punishers all day long and if I want to, my main can go out to die in black Thoraxes and white Stabbers, too! :v:

Just by selling the multiples of those skins and some I had lying around and forgotten about, I got 2,3 billion ISK at the end, which together with the extra-profit I made by building a couple dozen Confessors with pre-patch material requirements, gives me enough money to stockpile a dozen implants and still have enough left to do whatever I want.

So yeah, regardless how you look at it, skins are worth it both if you have a lot of them and want to make mad money, and just to make your ships prettier.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Numismancer posted:

Any chance of glassing highsec altogether?

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Demiurge4 posted:

Nothing says responsible use of power like a month long Burn Jita event. :getin:

Hey now that sort of thing is bad for business in the long run.

I do not trust CODE to not shot the right Freighters.

Libluini posted:

Right now they've transformed mostly into a shitload of ISK I plan to multiply by buying Genolution-implants and slowly selling them as soon as their price hits something like 2-3 billion ISK. (Because after a certain point, CCP will just throw out more of them, so they're somewhat volatile if held on to for too long.)

The SKINs itself, at least the permanent ones, are worth their money because even if they're expensive, they can not be lost like ever.

I made sure to use SKINs I liked instead of selling them, so now my FW-alt can explode in blue Punishers all day long and if I want to, my main can go out to die in black Thoraxes and white Stabbers, too! :v:

Just by selling the multiples of those skins and some I had lying around and forgotten about, I got 2,3 billion ISK at the end, which together with the extra-profit I made by building a couple dozen Confessors with pre-patch material requirements, gives me enough money to stockpile a dozen implants and still have enough left to do whatever I want.

So yeah, regardless how you look at it, skins are worth it both if you have a lot of them and want to make mad money, and just to make your ships prettier.

I'm split between saving the implants for a Leviathan or to sell them later on. I do have 11 accounts at the moment so I should have a lot of them.

The issue I have with buying a Titan is that if I miss the move op I'll be stranded in some backwater system until some Titan hunter gets me.

The only reason I got my Carrier out of Sakht was that someone else moved it for me during one of the two Saturday evening windows. Had it been a Titan then I would have been out of luck.

Zephyrine fucked around with this message at 21:01 on May 6, 2015

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Zephyrine posted:

Hey now that sort of thing is bad for business in the long run.

I do not trust CODE to not shot the right Freighters.

I'm split between saving the implants for a Leviathan or to sell them later on. I do have 11 accounts at the moment so I should have a lot of them.

The issue I have with buying a Titan is that if I miss the move op I'll be stranded in some backwater system until some Titan hunter gets me.

The only reason I got my Carrier out of Sakht was that someone else moved it for me during one of the two Saturday evening windows. Had it been a Titan then I would have been out of luck.

Get titan, join NC. Be fawned over by creepy nerds cause you are a girl and pay them back for it by wiping out their supercap fleet.

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

NyxBiker posted:

The Genolution implants are basically eight almost-5% Hardwirings in four slots that you cannot otherwise put ship enhancing implants in without splashing down the cash for Pirate implants. Those bonuses are also pretty generalized - it's PG, CPU, Agility, Velocity, Armor HP, Shield HP, Cap size and cap recharge - so you're not confined to a single ship (or type of ship, anyway) like you are with pirate implants.

They also open up some otherwise impossible fits , such as a Harbinger with T2 Heavy Pulses, a 1600mm plate and an MWD. 6% CPU over and 5% grid, and since CPU and grid hardwirings are the same slot you couldn't do it. Plug in Genolutions and swap the DC II out for an IFFA, though, and it fits. Namamai's Slicer friend up there could, with an additional CPU implant, up-gun to T2 Small Focused Beam Lasers and fit a neut for good measure if he wanted. No idea if that'd be good, but Namamai himself could upgrade his Atrons to use Neutron Blasters instead of Ion Blasters (not to mention run one of the tackle mods as Tech II for a little extra capability).

Just a few examples, I'm sure there are more, because being able to get an extra 5% CPU *and* grid breaks a lot of fitting rules.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Those are some expensive as gently caress implants for when you get podded though. I suppose if you have the money and want the performance it is worth it?

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

Artificer posted:

Those are some expensive as gently caress implants for when you get podded though. I suppose if you have the money and want the performance it is worth it?

Unless you have bad luck/are high as gently caress, you aren't losing pods in hi/lo-sec. So spend those space duckets on implants.

Mitsuo
Jul 4, 2007
What does this box do?
Ducats. Space ducats.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Numismancer posted:

If we're at the "Holy poo poo we really shouldn't put too much pressure on any one place because our combined mass would probably kill that part of the game forever" stage can I suggest a highsec incursion interdiction? I'm pretty sure that would result in the loudest squealing of pubbies in years.

vulvamancer
Oct 2, 2006

Yes! It all makes sense! We may be freaks, but we're freaks with teeth, and claws, and magic wands! And together, we can stand up to Farquaad!

Artificer posted:

Or just fly around low sec, that's where the majority of expensive implants reside (outside of supers).

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Natalya Fartz posted:

Unless you have bad luck/are high as gently caress, you aren't losing pods in hi/lo-sec. So spend those space duckets on implants.

Or playing 3+ characters at once.

darth cookie posted:

If we're at the "Holy poo poo we really shouldn't put too much pressure on any one place because our combined mass would probably kill that part of the game forever" stage can I suggest a highsec incursion interdiction? I'm pretty sure that would result in the loudest squealing of pubbies in years.

Randy McSoggybotto led a couple incursion interdiction fleets. Apparently the real key is to probe down the boosters. They're tough, but not impossible, to catch and have the potential for resulting in fleets wiping.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

Numismancer posted:

Regarding the H1Z1 stuff, we're going multiplatform because we need to do so to recruit and survive, it's kind of like when we first rammed through the 'alien and ungoony' reimbursement program. Future attacks on other games will be a lot more casual and less new/scary because it's now just a Thing We Do. That's why you saw all the posts from every coalition leader in the Imperium loudly supporting it.

I'm pretty excited about this because I would like to play other games with the same space friends when I need to take a break from EVE.

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Specialization is for insects.
So now that supers can't be used to steamroll sov, why not reset more valued allies and just set up shop in fortress Deklein?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

DisgracelandUSA posted:

Randy McSoggybotto led a couple incursion interdiction fleets. Apparently the real key is to probe down the boosters. They're tough, but not impossible, to catch and have the potential for resulting in fleets wiping.

I want to murder them for a couple of months. Persistently. Murder the boosters, kill a couple of whatever is shiniest in the fleet and then steal the mothership kill. I know it would be a net loss in terms of cost to actually achieve it (and would take a huge amount of people since you'd need to alpha stuff off the field), but I really don't like the way those fleets can earn those levels of income in highsec with almost 100% immunity from any consequences once they are all on the same grid.

edit: I really wish that attempt to smartbomb that incursion fleet had worked.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Artificer posted:

They were expensive as gently caress, before the 3s and 4s were reseeded. Now they're just mildly expensive.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Artificer posted:

under 500m total for the set of 4, that's not expensive as gently caress considering the stack of benefits from a complete set. You get 8 different 5% boosts, individual 5% implants are usually 120-150m each. Plus it all fits in 4 implant slots, leaving you space for a couple more.

In particular as other people said the dual cpu/grid boost is broken good. There are other implant sets that can be better, like a full high-grade pirate set with a ship built to take advantage of it. But those can easily cost a billion or two and they're specialized. The genos set is good for pretty much anything.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I was a little interested in this H1Z1 thing until I saw that people are expected to let DBRB run poo poo. gently caress that, he's annoying enough for just one game.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

-Troika- posted:

I was a little interested in this H1Z1 thing until I saw that people are expected to let DBRB run poo poo. gently caress that, he's annoying enough for just one game.

He's not the only "FC"

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
i hear rydis is skymarshalling again in h1z1

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

pugnax posted:

So now that supers can't be used to steamroll sov, why not reset more valued allies and just set up shop in fortress Deklein?

That's exactly what we're doing, except that we're bulking up our valued allies instead of resetting them -- because they're allies, not pets or renters.

-Troika- posted:

He's the head of a single server; you're welcome to do other servers. Rydis is skymarshaling this, so ask her, and she'll tell you where to go. :)

Reagalan is generally a good time, when he's not getting our entire base blown up.

(DBRB is kinda fun in H1Z1, though, because it's not like you lose a ton of poo poo if you die, and you're not really stranded if you log off in the middle of nowhere. He's good for "hay guys I've got five IEDs build, let's go raid some pubbie base and steal their poo poo.")

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Numismancer posted:

Your first paragraph is spot on. Also, we've found that corps who have people who play other games together as a group of friends have superior retention, participation, and loyalty to the community, so we want to not only recruit from other games - we want to get our guys used to playing other games together in an organized way. Stronger identity and group bonding is the only thing defending the Space Empire (tm) when there's a VFK Invasion situation.

It's easy to have friends when you win win win, but those friends desert you if they're only there for ~elite pvp~ and the winning suddenly stops. NCdot is a great example of the glass jaw of a 'win-identity' community. We survived the Delve welp and VFK attack because the bonding between line players, goonmeets, Vegas parties etc mean that when your rear end is on the line and you have nothing but grit on your side, our guys keep logging in despite insurmountable odds and we pull through. We never judge an alliance's strength on their victories, but on their 'oh gently caress everything sucks and we screwed up' moments - how well they pull together, how strong the culture and identity is in those moments, etc.

Thank you.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

pugnax posted:

Pretty sure all of EVE would show up on our doorstep if it was just GSF against the world.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

Foehammer007 posted:

i hear rydis is skymarshalling again in h1z1

Rydis is awesome. And yeah, come join us on misery, it's fun pummeling pubbies with our fists. I only wish they had a kill board, so the pubbies could be worried about it. I chased two guys through two sections of the map completely naked shouting at them that I was friendly and they needed to wait up for me. Finally they turned around and I let loose with Thunder and Lightning while they shot at me with terrible aim telling me that I was ruining the game. I died of course and got tea bagged, but those are the sacrifices one makes in a game like H1Z1 (now with goons!).

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!
No Ullerm we need to take our friends and stab them in the back because uhhhhh

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!
Pugnax: a key component of building an empire--an Imperium, if you will--is not blowing it up. I don't know why you keep posting that it should be done. It isn't funny, it isn't persuading anyone, and it isn't how things have been or will be done.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
his team cant breech the walls so he's gotta try something

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

his team cant breech the walls so he's gotta try something

To be fair trying to convince the defenders to blow up their own castle is kind of smart.

It's just very hard to do, as long as the defenders aren't completely out of their loving gourds.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
How many years do you think it will be before we get the 5th and 6th genolution implants?

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

SugarAddict posted:

How many years do you think it will be before we get the 5th and 6th genolution implants?

Seven.

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Fix Lag posted:

Pugnax: a key component of building an empire--an Imperium, if you will--is not blowing it up. I don't know why you keep posting that it should be done. It isn't funny, it isn't persuading anyone, and it isn't how things have been or will be done.

Apologies. Honestly, and this sounds dumb as gently caress, it's just raw curiosity about emergence in complex adaptive systems. People's reasons to maintain coalitions seem varied and fluid, and it's interesting to see how they change along with revisions to the game's mechanics. I think that the evolution of the Northern Coalition (no dot) has been totally fascinating, and I'm curious to see how a unipolar nullsec plays out in Fozziesov.

I think that talking about the greater political scene in eve is interesting, but we can go back to discussing the merits of sauce and hilariously situational genolution fits.

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

:yikes:

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

pugnax posted:

Apologies. Honestly, and this sounds dumb as gently caress, it's just raw curiosity about emergence in complex adaptive systems. People's reasons to maintain coalitions seem varied and fluid, and it's interesting to see how they change along with revisions to the game's mechanics. I think that the evolution of the Northern Coalition (no dot) has been totally fascinating, and I'm curious to see how a unipolar nullsec plays out in Fozziesov.

I think that talking about the greater political scene in eve is interesting, but we can go back to discussing the merits of sauce and hilariously situational genolution fits.

It's particularly interesting from the perspective of CCP meddling in it -- i.e. how the Grayscale anomaly nerfs set the stage for rental alliances.

I repeat my previous assertion that sauce vin blanc is the best of the French classic sauces.

Genolutions make it possible to build a six-link off grid Tengu booster. Lie down. Try not to cry. Cry a lot.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

pugnax posted:

If you're talking about the greater political scene, why do you keep suggesting plans of action that will make it lesser :catbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

pugnax posted:

emergence in complex adaptive systems

uhoh, people talking about my buzzwords again.

• Locked thread