Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

DisgracelandUSA posted:

real edit: but who watches the watchmen?

Digi. That's how this all started.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

smg77 posted:

Hey can all you super sensitive ~elite pvp~ people make up with HERO or something so you can go back to posting this crap on reddit instead of here?

bring back kugutsumen dot com forums

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

smg77 posted:

Hey can all you super sensitive ~elite pvp~ people make up with HERO or something so you can go back to posting this crap on reddit instead of here?

Ah yes, "not being ok with e-stalking", the province of the tryhard elite pvp spergs.

Also, Helldump was fine when it was just making fun of peoples' posting. I think they got closed down because they got weird with Doxxing and other such stuff.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

DisgracelandUSA posted:

real edit: but who watches the watchmen?

i try :unsmith:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Narciss posted:

Ah yes, "not being ok with e-stalking", the province of the tryhard elite pvp spergs.

Also, Helldump was fine when it was just making fun of peoples' posting. I think they got closed down because they got weird with Doxxing and other such stuff.

Nah, it was closed because they ran out of pedos and other awful people to run out so it started eating itself and sick nasty burning people for being boring whitenoise gibbis posters.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Unfunny Poster posted:

On the topic of doxxing, supposedly some pubbie tried to doxx a Star Citizen Goon (for seemingly similar reasons it'd happen in EVE) only to get bogus/wrong info.

Internet pixels is pretty serious business to some people.

Cerebral Wolf got commissared for doing some really heinous doxx poo poo for Dust 514 too.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

No, but you do :unsmith: :hf: :unsmith:

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?
Well this thread went to poo poo real fast.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Narciss posted:

Specifically the people who can't get anything posted on reddit that isn't hidden by downvotes so they are here trying to turn this thread into a third-rate kugu clone.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

smg77 posted:

Specifically the people who can't get anything posted on reddit that isn't hidden by downvotes so they are here trying to turn this thread into a third-rate kugu clone.

so xolve and uba and that other guy

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

smg77 posted:

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

mission loving accomplished

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

vyst posted:

Cerebral Wolf got commissared for doing some really heinous doxx poo poo for Dust 514 too.

Yeah, if I recall it involved trying to blackmail that chick on the CPM. I also seem to remember one of the II directors at the time seizing the corp wallet and moving everyone over to GoonFeet.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Klyith posted:

There aren't actually any laws about internet privacy or anonymity. edit: in the US, and I'd be suprised if EU laws actually were that strong. Neither goonfleet nor SA are a medical or financial institution. So if tomorrow morning Lowtax replaced all our names with the name on the credit card used to buy the account, it would be perfectly legal.

I'm not so sure about that. But I think Lowtax is safe as long as he avoids European soil after he does this.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

smg77 posted:

You keep bringing up reddit and it's kinda funny.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Widestancer posted:

Reddit is bad.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Widestancer posted:

You may not be aware but there is a history of redditors posting in this thread. You could say truthfully that the reddit posts are coming from inside the thread.

Also goons completely owned their space guild so maybe some are mad? I don't know.

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

Widestancer posted:

There's a reason for it: these guys have been run out of Reddit because of their incomparable shitposting.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Chomp8645 posted:

You may not be aware but there is a history of redditors posting in this thread. You could say truthfully that the reddit posts are coming from inside the thread.

Also goons completely owned their space guild so maybe some are mad? I don't know.

Lol on all accounts here. What did they post and was it unintentionally funny? That happens a lot with them I've noticed.

If their guild got wrecked by people here I'm glad of it.

E: if Margaret Thatcher got run out of reddit somehow that would make this funnier.

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

There's a reason for it: these guys have been run out of Reddit because of their incomparable shitposting.

drat that's a cold rear end honkey

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

Actually they got run out of Reddit for being meanies in Eve Online. Nobody ever gets run out of Reddit for shitposting.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?
So I saw another 300 post explosion on this thread today and wanted to see if some kind of big rear end war was being breaking out but all I got was the ethics of internet creeping.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

Groggy nard posted:

So I saw another 300 post explosion on this thread today and wanted to see if some kind of big rear end war was being breaking out but all I got was the ethics of internet creeping.

I'm sorry you think there is nothing wrong with being a creepo on the internet.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Leo Showers posted:

i'm a creep

i'm a weirdo

what the hell am i doing here

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

prencleeve what is the next lyric

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Leo Showers posted:

I was happier not knowing about it, but :stare:

Really, I just want another big war to break out.

Digital Ebola
Jun 1, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Leo Showers posted:

I wish CCP would fix the game and rules to make spying, theft and griefing illegal.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

I don't really read r/eve, it's (quite a bit) worse than 10 pages about Digi, AFK Ratting and BFM drama.

I only read this thread because Ullerm's amazing posts make me feel less out of touch about what EVE patch notes really mean. I don't really give a poo poo what kool-aide drinking Waffe members think of me (and I have no intention of ever being in GSF again).

Xolve fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Nov 12, 2014

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Digital Ebola posted:

I wish CCP would fix the game and rules to make spying, theft and griefing illegal.

Nobody cares what you think Mr creepy.

oh god please don't doxx me! :ohdear:

Digital Ebola
Jun 1, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

autism chariot posted:

Nobody cares what you think Mr creepy.

oh god please don't doxx me! :ohdear:

Too late. :wink:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

The goat consented, I swear.

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father
I'm fairly sure the three you are arguing about being here have posted in this thread since at least the last incarnation of it, nearly a year ago.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
r/eve is way funnier than our thread because you get to watch the hilarious arc of BNI/HERO going from their morale high of grinding out Russians/Catch unopposed and thinking they were king of poo poo mountain to realizing they can't actually compete at that level and getting salty as gently caress about it.

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

causticBeet posted:

r/eve is way funnier than our thread because you get to watch the hilarious arc of BNI/HERO going from their morale high of grinding out Russians/Catch unopposed and thinking they were king of poo poo mountain to realizing they can't actually compete at that level and getting salty as gently caress about it.

Marx, history repeating itself as tragedy then as farce, etc. It maybe have been farce with TEST as well though

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Deofuta posted:

I'm fairly sure the three you are arguing about being here have posted in this thread since at least the last incarnation of it, nearly a year ago.

"Being here" isn't the problem. Importing kugu and /r/eve dead horses is.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Went with Boat this morning and killed a station egg. :toot: This is only the sixth time this has ever happened in Eve's ten year history. It was surprisingly easy. Maybe that's just because nobody came to defend it. We invited everybody in the game, friend or foe, to come get in on the kill. Brave and Test showed up, which became a minor diplomatic incident later, supposedly, since they're not supposed to shoot certain peoples' things. Some PL Ishtars dropped by and looked like they might help us or attack. They chose the latter, I think we headshotted their fleet commander, killed the rest of them, and continued scrambling the egg. There's no killmail, but the whole thing was recorded and there were a hundred witnesses. Don't try to be sneaky and drop station eggs in the wee hours of holiday mornings, kids.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Animal-Mother posted:

Brave and Test showed up, which became a minor diplomatic incident later, supposedly, since they're not supposed to shoot certain peoples' things.

Did NCDot seriously threaten to take back all their sov if they shot at the egg with their little talwar fleet? :laffo:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Who's egg was it?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Black Core Alliance.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

i paid dbrb 1b isk after hearing about that egg kill

death 2 all BCAs

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Unfunny Poster posted:

Black Core Alliance.

Is that their second one? I thought I recalled reading about them losing one a couple of months back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Hrmm.. get home from work, 318 new posts in the Eve thread. Has the big war finally started?...

Oh.. holiday, apparently Widestancer and Preencleeve were out of school today.

:cripes:

• Locked thread