Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Yay a new thread, vyst still hates everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

The only problem I run into after a long stretch of flying a cloaker is the wreck less abandon of going through gates in other ships.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Besides the default formations for exploration probing for relic sites, does anyone have any recommendations for some good customs ones to save? I was thinking about saving a formation of 4 probes with an overlapping center, and a couple that involve different planes.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Alchenar posted:

I think the default formation is literally the optimal one and there isn't any point tying any others.

I've been doing it all wrong. :negative:

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Beach Bum posted:

It took me awhile to figure out that that custom formations also save the relative positioning and probe strength so that you can set to optimal overlap and range and then save formations for each iteration of tracking down a signature. The pinpoint formation default is in fact the optimal formation (for pinning down a site/ship), so use that as an example when making your iterations of custom formations.

For the record you guys have it loving easy with probe scanning these days :argh:. Ease of scanning down ships has really made range flexibility or mobility ~kind of a big deal~ for fleetcomps because of how much easier it is to pin down a fleet with probes.

So basically I need to take the pinpoint formation and reduce it, and save each iteration of the reduction in the customs?

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Kheldragar posted:

Dude used a 6 billion isk officer fitted smartbomb in an avatar to kill a single pod.

Don't be hatin. JU- rolls deep.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

vyst posted:

It gives me warm fuzzies that people are considering doing good to my avatar instead of evil.

It'll only last a day before some shitbag changes it.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Who hauls during us tz prime time on a Friday when all the lonely neck beards are in space. He deserved that.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Voyager I posted:

He's some poor BNI dude who stuffed everything he owned into a T1 hauler hoping for the best and died one jump down the road. They probably don't have poo poo for services getting out of Barle. I guess I will never take PH for granted again.

I feel bad for the guy :(

It kinda makes me want to attempt an import of some items and ships and only marking it up like 15%. It's like watching the 'sad dog' commercials.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

nintendo65 posted:

I know everyone hates miners but I'm new and need money so I've been mining ice in Dek while I train up my combat skills, only problem is I have no idea to whom I should sell or how to move it to a hub, so does anyone need like a billion isk worth of ice? Not like the kind in your freezer this is the premium stuff.

You might ask one of the transportation companies in S-Mart about moving it to a hub like VFK or QPO and then you can ship it to Jita? I figure they'll quote you a price, it might be outrageous but I bet you'll get a quote.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Ice Fist posted:

haha that is literally what I envisioned.

"HALT, Up against the wall. Don't Resist, STOP RESISTING... OH GOD HE'S RESISTING BRING HIM DOWN

"Halt at the gate and stand dow... He's targeting me!!!! He's targeting me!!!" *pew pew* "oh my bad, that was one of you guys, that one is on me."

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

If I had the equipment, time, and artistic vision I'd totally make a short documentary on being part of the GPD for a recruiting video. If anyone who has these skills needs an actor, let me know.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

PerrineClostermann posted:

Oh. Whoops. Kill me. Better reapply to the main corp.

Denied. Spy.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

vyst posted:

Seriously this poo poo isn't that hard. I feel like I need to sell a "Brady Games" guide to it with 1 page and 1 line that says

Yo if you want to join SA for GoonWaffe that's totally cool but you need to participate in the community a while before we accept you for 2 reasons. 1. spies 2. We are a forum community that happens to play EVE not an EVE corp that posts on an internet forum.

Like I want to punch a wall this poo poo is so loving simple. Fun fact: I was technically a J4G. I mean Jesus Christ people.

Can I hire you to write e-mail replies for me every once in awhile to co-workers and engineers who are being stupid?

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Artificer posted:

There's no way in hell my laptop will be able to handle that. :negative:

What a terrible use of screen space. I don't need to see the guys loving hands to know the guns are firing. loving Wing Commander bullshit.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Uba Stij posted:

You know you can look around the whole area since you're supposed to be using a VR headset right?

Oh. Yep, still don't like it.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Dexo posted:

Why can I see my hands when I'm looking at my hands while typing this message.

I don't mind seeing my hands in rl or counter strike. Just not in Eve. It adds nothing to the game I understand it for VR but don't like it.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

The Leper Colon V posted:

Get to theorycrafting a good beltratting armor ship?

Burn Jita.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Margaret Thatcher posted:

I trained myself to stop making GBS threads on the carpet.

It only took my dog 5 days, what is your excuse?

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Tolth posted:

Starting this game in Goonwaffe is basically the equivalent of being a disgustingly spoilt trust-fund teenager irl. Crash your mercedes into a lamppost and then ask your dad for another car, he'll give you five.

This should go into the OP. It sums up the newbie experience perfectly. Theta should probably print it on a banner and hang it on JU- station.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

vyst posted:

FWIW I actually like a majority of the EVE soundtrack.

I listen to the six hour YouTube soundtrack someone cut together at work way more than I should.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

I missed Burn Jita. When is Burn Jita 2: Carebears on Fire?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Fix Lag posted:

Aren't we on Burn Jita: The Threequel?

What about Burn Notice: Jita. That sounds better.

• Locked thread